PDA

View Full Version : Need help about Classes files (i.e. planes roles)

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi,
In the readme file of the 1.1b patch it's explained how to edit a Classes file to override the default roles of the aircrafts in the offline campaigns.
I'm currently playing the "Fighter South" campaign for the German side and tried to use the FW190A5 as a pure fighter, couse I'm tired of bombing bridges and/or tanks.
I edited the ClassesDeF.dat file and put it in the DGen folder, but nothing changed...
Is the DGen folder the right place to put it in?
Does the Classes file work when a campaign is already started? Or it must exist before starting the campaign?
Any help is appreciated.

P.S. One cosideration: the name of the campaign is "Fighter South", so why the hell do I mostly (if not exclusively) get jabo missions? After all, there is a "Jabo" campaign for those who like dropping bombs!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi,
In the readme file of the 1.1b patch it's explained how to edit a Classes file to override the default roles of the aircrafts in the offline campaigns.
I'm currently playing the "Fighter South" campaign for the German side and tried to use the FW190A5 as a pure fighter, couse I'm tired of bombing bridges and/or tanks.
I edited the ClassesDeF.dat file and put it in the DGen folder, but nothing changed...
Is the DGen folder the right place to put it in?
Does the Classes file work when a campaign is already started? Or it must exist before starting the campaign?
Any help is appreciated.

P.S. One cosideration: the name of the campaign is "Fighter South", so why the hell do I mostly (if not exclusively) get jabo missions? After all, there is a "Jabo" campaign for those who like dropping bombs!!!