PDA

View Full Version : Serious concerns about this game...

War Viper 1337
12-28-2016, 10:42 PM
There has been no word on dedicated servers so far. Even if they did have them Ubisoft has a **** track record with them. Just go look at how well "The Division" runs now. Constant stuttering, disconnects, lag, and one of the easiest games to hack in recent memory with an extremely relaxed ban system that allows players to use hacks for months at a time before getting banned only to return an hour later with a new account. If this game is P2P only then I will NOT purchase it.

Hacking. What is going to be done about it? If the division is any indication then I am really worried. I will not stand for lazy handling of hackers and cheats. It is either fast permanent bans or forget it. Ubisoft has to drop the hammer on cheaters or your games are just going to earn a reputation as a hackers paradise which the division is already doing an excellent job at.

I am not the only one with these concerns either. I have two other friends who played in the alpha with me and just like me they will not touch this game without dedicated servers. Host migrations should be a thing of the past now especially with so many companies throwing cloud processing power at you for decent prices and they all maintain their servers much better than Ubisoft ever will.

DrExtrem
12-28-2016, 11:17 PM
'the division' can not really be compared with 'for honor', because multoplayer in 'td' has always been the games step child. the darkzone? a bad joke made by the developers. well .. if we reduce the term pvp to the most basic level, then yes - the darkzone offers pvp. but tbh ... it is not competitive, it is not even remotely balanced, "matchmaking" is based on "where is spare space" and it has no purpose other than to **** people up.

'for honor' on the other hand, has dedicated pvp modes and dedicated pvp-matchmaling. people play pvp in 'fh', to test their mettle against other warriors. in 'td', its mostly trolling and living out power fantasies. btw .. i have 450 hours of gameplay invested in 'td' and i try out the DZ on a regular base ... it did not change over the past months. it is the same toxic cesspool since release.

should 'hor honor' have dedicated servers? absolutely!
does this game need propper anti-cheat? off course!
is good and balanced matchmaking needed? sure!

but ... this holds true for every game.

if you want to make a comparision, it is better to compare 'for honor' with 'rainbow 6 siege'. both have dedicated pvp modes, are balanced towards pvp encouters and the gameplays are both team oriented.

SyntheticDuckie
12-29-2016, 12:54 AM
There has been no word on dedicated servers so far. Even if they did have them Ubisoft has a **** track record with them. Just go look at how well "The Division" runs now. Constant stuttering, disconnects, lag, and one of the easiest games to hack in recent memory with an extremely relaxed ban system that allows players to use hacks for months at a time before getting banned only to return an hour later with a new account. If this game is P2P only then I will NOT purchase it.

Hacking. What is going to be done about it? If the division is any indication then I am really worried. I will not stand for lazy handling of hackers and cheats. It is either fast permanent bans or forget it. Ubisoft has to drop the hammer on cheaters or your games are just going to earn a reputation as a hackers paradise which the division is already doing an excellent job at.

I am not the only one with these concerns either. I have two other friends who played in the alpha with me and just like me they will not touch this game without dedicated servers. Host migrations should be a thing of the past now especially with so many companies throwing cloud processing power at you for decent prices and they all maintain their servers much better than Ubisoft ever will.

A serious concern of mine is why did you quote The Division? If your point was to bring out the sarcasm wouldn't you want to quote a different word you used to empathize the troubles it had at launch? I would do ... "Just go look at how "well" The Division runs now." I bet I would feel the sarcasm if you typed it that way!

As someone who will "not stand for lazy handling of hackers and cheats" I'm happy to have you in the peoples corner. Finally, someone defending the common people. That said this is why I try to avoid PC multiplayer. Yes, yes, hackers are on every platform but I mean it's generally their platform of choice to do that on lol.

"I am not the only one with these concerns either. I have two other friends who played in the alpha with me and just like me they will not touch this game without dedicated servers." Oh boy, 3 people with these concerns? I had no idea! This must be a hot topic. That said, "There has been no word on dedicated servers so far. Even if they did have them Ubisoft has a **** track record with them." does it even matter anymore if you're expecting a "**** track record" haha?

Joking aside, I remember when host migrations popped up in I believe a Call of Duty trailer and the crowd cheered. It was the best thing since sliced bread. Though maybe you could get in touch with someone at Ubisoft regarding their provider service. You know, since " so many companies throwing cloud processing power at you for decent prices and they all maintain their servers much better than Ubisoft ever will."

;)

I'm just salty about Carrie Fisher.

keizersozer
12-29-2016, 11:08 AM
I remember when i saw the first footage of the division:
I was so excited and felt finally there realizing the game of my dream survival coop expereince from an AAA game and wanted to know more but the more a knew the more I was not sure how this will work, until i got my hand on the beta and even thought I didn't have any connection issue I didn't feel like this is a new thing or special so decided to wait for a bit before buying it and it was crazy how people kept complaining about the constant connection issues.
anyhow i end up not buying the game as i found out the dark zone it s just another roam free place with other players nothing really competitive.

recently the game was on promotion for very cheap and was like ok lets just play it as a coop experience with a friend till I heard one of the worst news ever in my gaming experience For honor will not have dedicated server and it has been confirmed by Ubisfot. I decided i am no longer buying any multiplayer UBISOFT product until they prove me they can provide a good quality online experience.

For honor Din't need any trailer or advertisement or anything, the few games I watched from the alpha were speaking for them self. That's a crazy bad *** game that has huge potential and very competitive.

BUT NO DEDICATED SERVER???

it s like releasing the most advanced game with the best graphic ever in the gaming industry experience but you won't be able play it as no console or pc will be able to run it smoothly. than whats the point of releasing this game if it s in an unplayable state.

I feel so sad about this game and I really really hope the dev will do something about this.

PLEASE UBISOFT WAKE UP you keep drowning your self when you have all the technologies to make some of your games legends in the gaming industry

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dez_troi_aR
12-29-2016, 12:16 PM
Can't we just wait how the online gaming will turn out before we complain about bad connections?

I see all those p2p complain threads pop up like mutated hate-mushrooms. And while it might very well be the case that you guys have just a better technical understanding than i do, my google-powered research on the topic did not provide me enough knowledge to make such confident statements about how they should design their online architechture.

The argumentation concerning p2p seems to be based solely on examples. But for every p2p game which failed to deliver a stable online experience, there are others who use p2p variations and work fine.

In the end it comes down to online architecture beeing extremely complex and " p2p vs dedicated servers " are just some overly simplyfied buzzwords for us amateurs to throw at each other.

I for one will not let this spoil my excitement and have faith in Ubisoft to work out a proper product as long as i have no serious reason to doubt it. And no, connection issues during an alpha-tech-test are not a sufficient reasons. People keep thinking that ubisoft does tests because they are eager for the very productive input the players give, like including a super-big-viking with a giant-machine-gun hammer, giving the female warriors greater boobs and flying a russian Flag here and there. They could do 95% of the balance with the feedback of their starplayer pool and they know very well that they need a good connection for this game to be successful. But they need to test it publicly to solve issues. Difficulties are expectable and normal and complaining about them only makes the NDA restrictions higher and the companies shy away from letting us play open betas.

*P.S. please don't make the effort to post any copy+paste information about the nature of p2p and dedicated servers now. I know you mean no harm and just want to inform me, and i really appreciate that, but i already know more or less as much as the average interested gamer.

keizersozer
12-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Can't we just wait how the online gaming will turn out before we complain about bad connections?

I see all those p2p complain threads pop up like mutated hate-mushrooms. And while it might very well be the case that you guys have just a better technical understanding than i do, my google-powered research on the topic did not provide me enough knowledge to make such confident statements about how they should design their online architechture.

The argumentation concerning p2p seems to be based solely on examples. But for every p2p game which failed to deliver a stable online experience, there are others who use p2p and work fine.

In the end it comes down to online architecture being extremely complex and " p2p vs dedicated servers " are just some overly simplyfied buzzwords for us amateurs to throw at each other.

I for one will not let this spoil my excitement and have faith in Ubisoft to work out a proper product before i do not have serious reason to do so. And no, connection issues during an alpha-tech-test are not a sufficient reason. People keep thinking that ubisoft does tests because they are eager for the very productive input the players give, like including a super-big-viking with a giant-machine-gun hammer, giving the female warriors greater boobs and flying a russian Flag here and there. They could do 95% of the balance with the feedback of their starplayer pool and they know very well that they need a good connection for this game to be successful. But they need to test it publicly to solve issues. Difficulties are expectable and normal and complaining about them only makes the NDA restrictions higher and the companies shy away from letting us play open betas.

*P.S. please do not post any copy+paste information about the nature of p2p and dedicated servers now. I know you mean no harm and just want to inform me, and i really appreciate that, but i know more or less as much as the average interested gamer, so there's no need.

there is a saying a don't really remember but it similar to something like that:
never stop a guest from talking even if he has nothing to say, you never know when we can tell you something useful
That's is why we have all the forums and testing from Ubisoft.

But I have to agree with almost everything you said about pop up complains that you keep seeing everywhere.
But there are also few complains that i think should be heard.

Honestly I think I am very reasonable person and always thinks twice before jumping into something.
Also I am just like you an average guy how don't know much about all the technical aspect of p2p and dedicated server.
But if you ask me what's the fastest way to travel from a country to another, a car or an airplane?
I would of course tell you an airplane because it s just tired a car and an airplane and although i don't know much about their technical aspect i know which one is faster then the other.

Of course we can then jump into the technical aspect and for example if you have one of the fastest car in the world and compare it to one of the Wright brothers first airplane well the car will be faster for sure.

that will be comparing a completely broken dedicated server to a very efficient P2P server.

I hope i was able to explain my self clearly but to sum it up a good dedicated server will always be more reliable than P2P server.

I think it s very noble to give them a shot specially after all the hard work they have done to create this beautiful game, but as for my part I will really need some solid prof from ubisfot that their online experience is a good one before buying the game as i can't afford to buy many games and select them carefully.

I ll guess i ll have to wait for the feedback of players like you ;)

DirtyBirdie
12-29-2016, 01:37 PM
I agree with all of what you guys are saying. My question is what hacks would you see in a game like For Honor.....the hacks you see in a shooter would not work in this game. I'm no expert but wouldn't damage/speed of attacks ext ext not be calculated on the client side? making hacking in For Honor not even worth it....if it is even possible.

War Viper 1337
12-29-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm saddened when I see gamers saying they have little to no understanding of the difference between P2P and dedicated servers. Dedicated servers are superior in every single way to P2P. The only difference is cost and development time. Most devs that use P2P are doing it because they don't want to spend the time and effort to create a quality experience. The reason I quote the division even though it is a different genre of game is because it represents Ubisofts lack of care or understanding when it comes to multiplayer games lately. It is true that hacks would work differently here than say in a shooter game but since this is all P2P based it will be easily exploitable so we will see all of the classic hacks such as super speed, teleporting, connection manipulation, one hit kills, infinite health, etc. There is NO reason why a game in this day should not be built around dedicated servers for multiplayer. Any game that goes the P2P route is simply being lazy and saving themselves money to impress their investors.

LiveKiller7x
01-05-2017, 07:46 PM

If you are really concerned about cheaters then play on Console. I played many Multiplayer Games on PC but recently I am more into console gaming because I just love it to chill on the couch, everything is already set up, no Virus no Bios crashes and NO Hackers. And about P2P, well...the alpha was really stable, I had no lags or crashes, nothing. If it stays like that then IDC about servers or p2p. Lets see how it works out first before we all start to rant about P2P, shall we?

I think you are judging it too fast. Not to buy this awesome game because of that would be a shame. I played The Division too(PC), I can't say much about the cheaters because It got so boring for me after I reached EndGame maxlvl gear etc and the darkzone...lets not talk about it. I already quit after 1 1/2 Months because it was sooo lame. But For Honor was already giving me soo much FUN in just a few hours in the Alpha that I am so hyped for this Game. Last time I was so hyped was when Dark Souls was about to get released. Don't give it up yet. Use your Ubisoft Points if you have 100 left and get that 20% off price at the UbiStore on For Honor and the pricetag shouldn't hurt you so much even if u don't like it after all.

iHunny
01-06-2017, 11:05 AM
There are cheats for consoles. Its harder to cheat on the consoles yes but its not a garanteed none cheating platform.