PDA

View Full Version : Player vs AI Orders

Neely2bak
12-28-2016, 10:11 PM
When I played in the alpha the daily orders were the most effective way to earn steel for customization and provided me an incentive to play a variety of game modes. I like this system a lot and has worked well in other games. However, the only problem I have found is that many of the daily orders during the alpha required you to play a large number of games against bots. In a game like For Honor, the fun is testing yourself vs other players. The AI missions become extremely tedious by comparison after you have an understanding of the game.

I am not sure if this is even a problem for most people, but it was really annoying for me to feel obligated to play 5 dominion games vs Bots. It seems the only reason that Player vs AI orders even exist is because Ubisoft wants people to have a low stress way to earn steel or if they are newer players. I can understand these concerns and my suggestion is to completely remove Player vs Player and Plaver vs AI classification from all orders. This will allow players to make progress in either type of game while still promoting a variety of playlists.

What do you guys think about Player vs AI orders in general? What do you think of the suggestion to remove the PvP or PvAI classification on orders?

DrExtrem
12-28-2016, 10:57 PM
When I played in the alpha the daily orders were the most effective way to earn steel for customization and provided me an incentive to play a variety of game modes. I like this system a lot and has worked well in other games. However, the only problem I have found is that many of the daily orders during the alpha required you to play a large number of games against bots. In a game like For Honor, the fun is testing yourself vs other players. The AI missions become extremely tedious by comparison after you have an understanding of the game.

I am not sure if this is even a problem for most people, but it was really annoying for me to feel obligated to play 5 dominion games vs Bots. It seems the only reason that Player vs AI orders even exist is because Ubisoft wants people to have a low stress way to earn steel or if they are newer players. I can understand these concerns and my suggestion is to completely remove Player vs Player and Plaver vs AI classification from all orders. This will allow players to make progress in either type of game while still promoting a variety of playlists.

What do you guys think about Player vs AI orders in general? What do you think of the suggestion to remove the PvP or PvAI classification on orders?

it might be shocking news for you ... but there are people, who want to play medieval fighting games with swords and axes, who are not that good (anymore) in pvp. should the be excluded?

i lso play world of warships - a game with an even stronger emphasis on pvp, than 'for honor'. the game has a "botmatch" for testing and sparring. on the russian server (official info from wargaming), almost 40% of the games are played against the ai in coop mode.

you would have a reason to be upset, if there would only be orders against the AI ... but (from what io have seen on youtube), one half is pvp based and the othert is coop-based. nobody forces you to do the coop orders, if you dont like coop. the question is: is your greed for steel stronger, than your aversion against playing vs. bots?

CaptainPwnet
12-29-2016, 01:55 AM
it might be shocking news for you ... but there are people, who want to play medieval fighting games with swords and axes, who are not that good (anymore) in pvp. should the be excluded?

i lso play world of warships - a game with an even stronger emphasis on pvp, than 'for honor'. the game has a "botmatch" for testing and sparring. on the russian server (official info from wargaming), almost 40% of the games are played against the ai in coop mode.

you would have a reason to be upset, if there would only be orders against the AI ... but (from what io have seen on youtube), one half is pvp based and the othert is coop-based. nobody forces you to do the coop orders, if you dont like coop. the question is: is your greed for steel stronger, than your aversion against playing vs. bots?

He said you could remove the restriction of vs player, or vs AI entirely. I agree wholeheartedly, this restriction seems exactly that, restrictive and pointlessly so. Why not have all the orders doable vs AI and players at the same time so no one feels like they are forced into playing AI or Player matches specifically. Really don't see the point in splitting these orders up.

Neely2bak
12-29-2016, 06:18 AM
He said you could remove the restriction of vs player, or vs AI entirely. I agree wholeheartedly, this restriction seems exactly that, restrictive and pointlessly so. Why not have all the orders doable vs AI and players at the same time so no one feels like they are forced into playing AI or Player matches specifically. Really don't see the point in splitting these orders up.

I am glad someone feels the same way. This seems like something that they could easily implement and I hope enough people agree that they might consider changing it before launch.

DrExtrem
12-29-2016, 09:52 AM

that would be a good alternative. people should play whatever mode they want.