PDA

View Full Version : Speed problem

Highalt
02-29-2004, 10:04 AM
When flying with any german or russian fighter i can't slowdown.

For example; today i was on a Mig 3U in an offline mission and flying a Bf109. I was going with rougly 400km/h high above the Mig and i engaged it from the rear with a sharp dive and i accelerated to 600km/h ohhh uhhh, i was like what is happening ??? my speed ??? and the mig was right infront of me in a very close distance (i could see it's markings) and then i throteled back to %10 but my speed was still 590 i dropped the combat flaps but it was too late i passed the Mig and, guess what happened ?
he grasp the position on my 6 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . How do you slow down when you are going too fast compared to foe?

Does the real WWII planes capable of going that fast?

Highalt
02-29-2004, 10:04 AM
When flying with any german or russian fighter i can't slowdown.

For example; today i was on a Mig 3U in an offline mission and flying a Bf109. I was going with rougly 400km/h high above the Mig and i engaged it from the rear with a sharp dive and i accelerated to 600km/h ohhh uhhh, i was like what is happening ??? my speed ??? and the mig was right infront of me in a very close distance (i could see it's markings) and then i throteled back to %10 but my speed was still 590 i dropped the combat flaps but it was too late i passed the Mig and, guess what happened ?
he grasp the position on my 6 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . How do you slow down when you are going too fast compared to foe?

Does the real WWII planes capable of going that fast?

ColoradoBBQ
02-29-2004, 02:41 PM
My advice for this situation is if you see yourself rapidly closing on your target, don't make any attempts to slow down. If you slow down and overshoot your target, you would be with the same velocity as your target and he would have an easy time shooting your plane down. Instead of slowing down, take some calculated shots to cripple the plane, climb, maneuver yourself to a favorable position using low prop pitch or flaps to control your rate of closure.