PDA

View Full Version : Installing AC: Syndicates from disc

L.Malkavian
12-28-2016, 12:45 PM
So I bought AC: Syndicate on disc, However when installing it decided to download the game anyways, not giving me even an option to install from disc. I needed to install uplay.

It sickening that those who choose to actually buy the game are punished with privacy intrusions and other required info sharing. No wonder many choose to pirate games, it is the only way to keep some self respect and not have to deal with all the crap game and soft developers subject there paying customers to.

well that's my 2 cents.

strigoi1958
12-28-2016, 02:42 PM
1. there is a work around for the rare occasions that uplay tries to download a game that you are installing from disk.
2. Uplay is a store like steam and origin do you hate them as well.... (I thought not :) )
3. Uplay is also there for OUR protection AND logs our games AND logs our scores/ achievements/ Friends/ co-op etc...
4. It has nothing to do with privacy or intrusions. Unless you have prooof of the opposite.
5. It is part of the agreement that when we purchase an online authorisation is needed... no point agreeing to buy something then complain about it. :) nobody forced you into buying.
6. If you do not want to use uplay and access all the free extras that Uplay gives you plus all the discount offers... do not buy the games that require uplay authorisation....
7. if authorising your games online is sickening to you and you feel punished by something so trivial then maybe gaming is not for you :(

Just my 2 cents