PDA

View Full Version : A theory about when the new Assassin's Creed game will be announced

UnknownGamer1994
12-28-2016, 06:54 AM
I totally believe and predict that the next Assassin's Creed game (Empire) will be announced at April 12th from two main reasons:

1. They do that during spring time with almost every Assassin's Creed game for the past few years (except for 2016 of course).

2. In April 12th 2017 it will be the Jewish Passover which marks the liberation of the Jewish people from Pharaoh in Egypt BCE.
Ubisoft have always used religion as their source of the first civilization and the beginning of the Assassin's order, therefore I think it will be a pretty interesting way to announce the new game.

Sorrosyss
12-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Interesting theory. That's with the assumption it's actually launching next year though. They've made a few comments to the effect that it may not be coming in 2017 even.

LoyalACFan
12-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Interesting theory. That's with the assumption it's actually launching next year though. They've made a few comments to the effect that it may not be coming in 2017 even.

And with the Vivendi takeover still in the air, who knows what's going to happen? I can only imagine it's shaken things up at Ubi.

That said, OP, even if a Fall 2017 launch is the goal and the Egypt rumors are true, I severely doubt there'll be an announcement to coincide with Passover. Too controversial for an openly irreligious series to capitalize on a religious holiday; even if it's unlikely that anyone will make a fuss, companies don't like taking those kinds of risks, and who can blame them? Even if they address the Passover story in the game as some kind of PoE trickery, they aren't going to openly market it just to court controversy. A large aspect of the AC lore is that all of the world's religions were manufactured by charlatans and frauds, but you don't see them slapping it all over their promotional material.

cawatrooper9
12-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Well, it's an interesting theory, and I like the historical connection, even though we don't know if the Israelites will even be involved at all (and to be honest, we still aren't 100% Egypt is even correctly the setting).

More likely, though, I predict that Kotaku will "leak" some assets way before AC is set to officially announce, then they'll complain about the Unity embargo from 2014 and pretends like that justifies their terrible "journalism".

ERICATHERINE
12-28-2016, 11:42 PM
Well, it's an interesting theory, and I like the historical connection, even though we don't know if the Israelites will even be involved at all (and to be honest, we still aren't 100% Egypt is even correctly the setting).

More likely, though, I predict that Kotaku will "leak" some assets way before AC is set to officially announce, then they'll complain about the Unity embargo from 2014 and pretends like that justifies their terrible "journalism".

Do you mean, like they did with "Samuel Fey", the rumored protagonist of syndicate? If I remember correctly, they were the first to talk about him, no? ^-^

m4r-k7
12-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Do you mean, like they did with "Samuel Fey", the rumored protagonist of syndicate? If I remember correctly, they were the first to talk about him, no? ^-^

Samuel Fey wasn't leaked by Kotaku, there was a fake forum post that was made if I remember correctly.

Kotaku have already technically leaked Empire after the 4chan rumour so I would think that they would only leak more assets if other websites start leaking information as well.

ERICATHERINE
12-30-2016, 02:54 AM
Samuel Fey wasn't leaked by Kotaku, there was a fake forum post that was made if I remember correctly.

Ok, thanks for the clarrifications. ^-^

joshoolhorst
12-30-2016, 09:29 PM
There are rumors that there will be no game in 2017 which I am glad with and sad with if it happens. I haven't personally enjoyed a AC game since AC3 release Blag Flag was oke for me so yeah I am 50/50 on 2017

cawatrooper9
12-30-2016, 11:21 PM

Kotaku have already technically leaked Empire after the 4chan rumour so I would think that they would only leak more assets if other websites start leaking information as well.

I thought they leaked Unity, too- not to mention Syndicate, which really set Ubisoft off.