PDA

View Full Version : 6 Digit license plates are inaccurate

Hayatory
12-26-2016, 10:32 PM
In California between/after 1969 and 1980 all license plates have 7 characters; but the 6 digit license plates currently implemented in the video game make me feel un-immersed (living in California my entire life, and the bay-area for 13 years), The only time you are to see 6 digit license plates (i.e. AAA 000 to ZZZ 999, 123 ABC, 000 AAA to 999 ZZZ) would be on an older vehicle (or someone wanting a vanity plate) thus having a different license plate colour such as blue or black. From my standpoint the license plates should have seven digits, rather than six. Thank you.

Snickerpants
12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
In California between/after 1969 and 1980 all license plates have 7 characters; but the 6 digit license plates currently implemented in the video game make me feel un-immersed (living in California my entire life, and the bay-area for 13 years), The only time you are to see 6 digit license plates (i.e. AAA 000 to ZZZ 999, 123 ABC, 000 AAA to 999 ZZZ) would be on an older vehicle (or someone wanting a vanity plate) thus having a different license plate colour such as blue or black. From my standpoint the license plates should have seven digits, rather than six. Thank you.

While less immersive for some, I was still amazed the other day when I noticed all the plates were different. I didn't and still don't care if they have the right amount of numbers. It's pretty cool.

A_Colder_Vision
12-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Most likely the reason is so that they don't accidentally publish real license plate numbers in game. Some people get picky about stuff like that. But really, if that bugs you, you are looking WAAAAAAY too in-depth to the game! ;)