PDA

View Full Version : Buy AC Chronicle or AC liberation HD

mlam925
12-26-2016, 01:06 AM
I wonder which one is better. I have replayed enough of great assassin creed game such as AC4,AC Rogue and AC1. Just looking for a new story to play. Is AC liberation HD worth 3 bucks? Is it very bad ?

I tried to replay Ezio trilogy but now i am feeling the gameplay is so bad especially the combat and stealth but i didn't feel in that way when i was playing it a few years ago. The story is still great compare with other ac games.

Sigma 1313
12-26-2016, 02:18 AM
AC Liberation HD is definitely worth $3. It has a mediocre story, and terrible graphics, but the gameplay is like AC3. I found it fun and have replayed it quite a few times when I bought it for 15 or 20 dollars. Overall, I think it will tell an important part in the story someday. Assassin's Creed Chronicles are much shorter as there is no open world. If you can get all 3 on sale for 15-20 I'd buy them. Chronicles is just overall mediocre. Decent story, but **** voice acting, very short, very linear, but is a decent challenge. If you have a Nintendo DS, the games Altair's Chronicles and Assassin's Creed II: Discovery are on it that add more story to Altair (prior to AC1) and Ezio during the events of AC2 (between Sequence 12 and 13). I believe Assassin's Creed Bloodlines is available on the PSVita, which tells the story of Altair several moths after Assassin's Creed 1. All 3 of these games are decent enough to play through, but really not worth buying a new hand-held console over.

SixKeys
12-26-2016, 03:31 AM
Liberation is easily worth $3. It shares many of the same problems as AC3 and the story is told in an extremely confusing way, but it had some interesting ideas and some memorable missions. Worth keeping in mind that it started off as a handheld, so the environments are rather small and graphics mediocre.

The first episode of Chronicles (China) is okay, but I got it for free. Dunno if I would have enjoyed it as much if I had to pay for it. All of the Chronicles games contribute exactly zero to the overarching AC story, Liberation has at least a bit more substance.