PDA

View Full Version : Idea to fix this ******ed BOUNTY HUNTER mode

Panmisiek2012
12-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Current mode spoils all the fun for both, attackers and victim. Victim cant properly run away and by the time attackers get to the target location he gets killed by Police.

First of all get rid of Police. Either altogether or only if shooting is heard/pedestrians alarmed etc.

For each minute of game or attacker killed, allow another attacker to join the fight and increase follower/money gain for victim kill.

Attackers dont see each other, only target but can be killed by other attackers.

Allow up to 10/20 attackers. Whichever suits.

Victim is getting more followers with each attacker kill.

Dead attackers can respawn.

Victim should have more life.

If you got guys own ideas or also would like this to be changed make sure you comment to raise Ubi attention. Thanks.

cuypz
12-25-2016, 09:55 PM
I happen to enjoy the Bounty Hunter mode, however a few things do need tweaking. These are the frustrations I came across when playing:

- If you join a bounty on the water, you will always start in a non-moving, slower boat at a distance of anything between 500 and 1200m. Since there are no speed boats around and the target appears to always be in a much faster boat than you, the whole chase is pointless from the get-go because there is absolutely no chance you will ever catch up . A chase on the water should always start in a "Miami Vice" style speed boat, or else don't bother dropping in bounty hunters on the water at all because it's a waste of everyone's time .

- Campers. God damnit, how incredibly annoying those guys are that just camp on a rooftop, inside a shop or on top of the Golden Gate bridge, occassionaly sending off the police helicopter and sniping every spawner as soon as they appear in range . There are a couple of solutions to it, though. It would greatly help if the target did not know the exact location of the bounty hunters until he discovers them with the profiler/drone or until the bounty hunter makes his first shot, before that the target should not get anything more than a general direction of where a bounty hunter is. It's currently really unbalanced since a lot of these campers are just aiming in the direction of the big green name and snipe them as soon as they pop their head around the corner . Also, the police should get an additional level once it has been sent off a couple of times at the same location, which would force the camper to leave his spot .

- Protectors. It's very unfair that a protector can respawn a couple of seconds after being eliminated, while a bounty hunter only gets one life. It's even more unfair that the protector respawns in the vicinity of where he got killed. I've counted over a dozen instances where I got killed by a protector who I shot seconds before, while lining up my shot on the target . In one instance, it was even so bad that I became preoccupied with killing off a respawning protector instead of the actual target. The protector should only get one life, and if he gets multiple ones he should always respawn right next to the target . There should also be a maximum allowed distance between a target and his protector.

With regards to the issues TS mentioned, I agree that the number of bounty hunters should increase while the target has not been killed and/or for each cop/civilian he kills. I don't fully agree with the police comment, they are not an issue for an attacker because as it is they don't react to you shooting the target, they only react to you if you shoot the police or civilians which makes sense. The bounty itself is issued because the target has been attacking the police, so it would not make sense to have them back off once a bounty hunter joins the fight. I also agree that if a bounty hunter is killed by the target, he should get the option to rejoin the same bounty or to search for a new one . Currently there's no chance of revenge or redemption if you get killed by a camper .

I believe these are fair remarks and I'm interested in reading other experiences.

Panmisiek2012
12-26-2016, 02:15 PM
I happen to enjoy the Bounty Hunter mode, however a few things do need tweaking. These are the frustrations I came across when playing:

- If you join a bounty on the water, you will always start in a non-moving, slower boat at a distance of anything between 500 and 1200m. Since there are no speed boats around and the target appears to always be in a much faster boat than you, the whole chase is pointless from the get-go because there is absolutely no chance you will ever catch up . A chase on the water should always start in a "Miami Vice" style speed boat, or else don't bother dropping in bounty hunters on the water at all because it's a waste of everyone's time .

- Campers. God damnit, how incredibly annoying those guys are that just camp on a rooftop, inside a shop or on top of the Golden Gate bridge, occassionaly sending off the police helicopter and sniping every spawner as soon as they appear in range . There are a couple of solutions to it, though. It would greatly help if the target did not know the exact location of the bounty hunters until he discovers them with the profiler/drone or until the bounty hunter makes his first shot, before that the target should not get anything more than a general direction of where a bounty hunter is. It's currently really unbalanced since a lot of these campers are just aiming in the direction of the big green name and snipe them as soon as they pop their head around the corner . Also, the police should get an additional level once it has been sent off a couple of times at the same location, which would force the camper to leave his spot .

- Protectors. It's very unfair that a protector can respawn a couple of seconds after being eliminated, while a bounty hunter only gets one life. It's even more unfair that the protector respawns in the vicinity of where he got killed. I've counted over a dozen instances where I got killed by a protector who I shot seconds before, while lining up my shot on the target . In one instance, it was even so bad that I became preoccupied with killing off a respawning protector instead of the actual target. The protector should only get one life, and if he gets multiple ones he should always respawn right next to the target . There should also be a maximum allowed distance between a target and his protector.

With regards to the issues TS mentioned, I agree that the number of bounty hunters should increase while the target has not been killed and/or for each cop/civilian he kills. I don't fully agree with the police comment, they are not an issue for an attacker because as it is they don't react to you shooting the target, they only react to you if you shoot the police or civilians which makes sense. The bounty itself is issued because the target has been attacking the police, so it would not make sense to have them back off once a bounty hunter joins the fight. I also agree that if a bounty hunter is killed by the target, he should get the option to rejoin the same bounty or to search for a new one . Currently there's no chance of revenge or redemption if you get killed by a camper .

I believe these are fair remarks and I'm interested in reading other experiences.

No, no and no. Police have to go regardless. At least at the start and get involved when victim provokes Police, whether shooting pedestrians or Police itself. As a victim you should have proper means to run because you are outnumbered by hunters. Having 5 stars police on your a$$ + hunters makes it difficult to run.

Besides I wasnt refering to Police/Attacker relation but Police/Victim.

cuypz
12-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Making it hard to escape is kinda the whole point of the bounty hunter mode ...

Snickerpants
12-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Current mode spoils all the fun for both, attackers and victim. Victim cant properly run away and by the time attackers get to the target location he gets killed by Police.

First of all get rid of Police. Either altogether or only if shooting is heard/pedestrians alarmed etc.

For each minute of game or attacker killed, allow another attacker to join the fight and increase follower/money gain for victim kill.

Attackers dont see each other, only target but can be killed by other attackers.

Allow up to 10/20 attackers. Whichever suits.

Victim is getting more followers with each attacker kill.

Dead attackers can respawn.

Victim should have more life.

If you got guys own ideas or also would like this to be changed make sure you comment to raise Ubi attention. Thanks.

I agree with getting rid of the cops, but others don't. So, how about putting in a menu when you start the bounty. You can select what wanted level to start at. The primary tweak to bounty hunter mode is you have to escape other players. We already know this can be done from escaping hacker invasions. Currently, you just have to escape the cops, it's too easy (sometimes). For when I want to drive players nuts, racing around downtown on a motorcycle, the cops are in the way and it makes it less fun. As others have said, make it a normal and natural wanted level. If you drive flawlessly, you shouldn't get wanted. If you are hitting pedestrians, and shooting up everything, wanted level up. By doing it this way, starting from zero cops, you allow the fight to build naturally,also making it more fun for the hunters. As it progresses, you WILL get wanted, and it will get harder and harder.

As for "campers". It's a playstyle some people have, and it's easier to beat than runners. You have to adjust and be patient. Change your play style instead of complaining about theirs. You want to stop people camping, kill them, keep killing them. Show them how much weaker their tactics are than yours. Most camp spots are easy kill boxes for you to exploit. You have a ton of tools and resources, use them all. When I camp or bunker, I am looking for you to find a way to kill me. I'm going to try and kill you as fast a possible but I know there's a way you can kill me. People have figured out some very entertaining ways to kill me and I really enjoy that.

Options menus for all the multiplayer modes would be awesome.

D3adking
12-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Stop whining about the imbalanced gamemode bounty hunters

did you ever escape a hunt? yes? do you know what you get? 4k followers ....

it is so much easier to just kill the target, than to kill 3 hunters and the police at the same time. i once killed 7 hunters and was able to escape, got around 40-50k follower.

in that time i would probably have won more than 5 hunts. if it's so easy then be the prey.

edit: ah yeah get rid of the police, so when you spawn on your feet and the prey is in a car you auto loose after 20 sec.

Snickerpants
12-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Stop whining about the imbalanced gamemode bounty hunters

did you ever escape a hunt? yes? do you know what you get? 4k followers ....

it is so much easier to just kill the target, than to kill 3 hunters and the police at the same time. i once killed 7 hunters and was able to escape, got around 40-50k follower.

in that time i would probably have won more than 5 hunts. if it's so easy then be the prey.

edit: ah yeah get rid of the police, so when you spawn on your feet and the prey is in a car you auto loose after 20 sec.

That's fine for your playstyle and I like doing that too. The problem is that the current bounty hunter mode doesn't cater to as many playstyles as it can. I'm sure you could agree that removing the timers and allowing players to hunt each other until they die benefits everyone. no wanted level to start and let the players duke it out. You take away the cops and timers and there is no real benefit in running away. You'll eventually have to fight it out. So, get rid of the running away option. Just fight until you die. You already pointed out that running away is pointless because of followers. Everyone except the bounty respawns. Bounty dies, it's over. I hate spawning in on a bounty and get sniped before I have a chance to even move. It happens, I get it, not a huge deal. What I want is REVENGE!!! Or when I masterfully take down the protector and get one shot off on the bounty, only to get shot by the protector who spawned right behind me. Again, he got a lucky spawn, nice shot, but I only have one life and I may never see that person again. I want REVENGE!!!

Anyway, I don't think anyone would complain about these changes. Along with more players per session, this game could be a whole lot more fun and less frustrating.

D3adking
01-01-2017, 02:14 PM
That's fine for your playstyle and I like doing that too. The problem is that the current bounty hunter mode doesn't cater to as many playstyles as it can. I'm sure you could agree that removing the timers and allowing players to hunt each other until they die benefits everyone. no wanted level to start and let the players duke it out. You take away the cops and timers and there is no real benefit in running away. You'll eventually have to fight it out. So, get rid of the running away option. Just fight until you die. You already pointed out that running away is pointless because of followers. Everyone except the bounty respawns. Bounty dies, it's over. I hate spawning in on a bounty and get sniped before I have a chance to even move. It happens, I get it, not a huge deal. What I want is REVENGE!!! Or when I masterfully take down the protector and get one shot off on the bounty, only to get shot by the protector who spawned right behind me. Again, he got a lucky spawn, nice shot, but I only have one life and I may never see that person again. I want REVENGE!!!

Anyway, I don't think anyone would complain about these changes. Along with more players per session, this game could be a whole lot more fun and less frustrating.

Thats a mode, where the bounty is unable to win. So no sane player would do that (unless you get way more leaderboard points than all hunters get)

but that suggestion is not that bad if the bounty is a npc. so you could take multiple hunters, and they get one prey in a red zone (with the strongest enemy in it). you get points for killing other hunters, and additional points if you kill the bounty.(maybe even an unlimeted numbers of bounty?an the last hunter standing wins?)

or you could change the mode, that you have to steal data from the bounty. so you have to stay alive for some time.