PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Controller Info Needed

DynaRider
12-25-2016, 07:31 PM
I have Syndicate installed on my Windows 10 computer from disks provided in purchased PC version. I plug in my PS4 controller via a power cord/USB connection and it works just fine. I took advantage of the free AC III offer, downloaded and installed via UBI game manager. The game opens and goes through the intro videos but when it comes time to play neither my PS3 or PS4 controller will work and I have no way to exit the game. Desmond is standing in front of the cave and I can't move him. Pressing ctrl/alt/del to bring up the Task Manager only causes the screen to go black and my only option is the reset button to reboot the computer. What do I need to do to play AC III?

strigoi1958
12-25-2016, 07:49 PM
when that screen comes up you must use the keyboard to get you to the options and select controller. Although the start screen opens and says press a controller button to play, it will not start until it is set in the options first. Also I know that the xbox wired controller works but if the ps4 controller does not there are programs like motioninjoy that will work. Merry Xmas

DynaRider
12-26-2016, 04:57 AM
Thanks strigoi. I finally figured it out. I plugged in both a PS3 controller and an X Box controller and started the game. This time when I opened options there were options for keyboard/mouse.....wireless.....and the X Box controller. The PS controllers are not listed and will not work. I'll have to check out the motioninjoy program since I really don't like the XBox controller.