PDA

View Full Version : Why Abstergo needs Helix players? (Assassin's Creed Unity)

princetontale
12-25-2016, 11:37 AM
I started playing the game and made it to the second meeting with Bishop.

As far as I know, Abstergo wants to search for Sages (some advanced civilization in the past). So they developed the Helix software (game) to relive the memories of some person and find Sages in the past as well as present.

What I dont understand is that Abstergo let the masses play the Helix. What is the reason?
Abstergo created the Helix so they know the History already. they don't need players. to hunt Sages.

Or.. Im wrong?

Last question: I was being contacted by Bishop two times now. She said that the memory of Arno Dorian will lead to the location of a Sage and she said that we need to find it first before abstergo. Is Abstergo dont know yet that arno dorian came in contact with a Sage?:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

Sorrosyss
12-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Unity didn't do a good job of explaining the premise honestly. In short, Helix is a VR console version of the Animus sold to the public. It holds the option of predefined experiences, such as the menu you see at the start of the game, or you can provide a DNA sample for a bespoke experience. Abstergo essentially has brought the reclusive Brotherhood into the public eye, and by manipulating the stories are painting the order very negatively. Now most members of the public will view them as lunatics, or worse - fictional. All this whilst Abstergo keeps banking DNA to track down Pieces of Eden even faster.

In terms of you as the player, the Assassins have hacked your console to show you the truth, and to experience the true Arno Dorian story. (it had been edited heavily as the original researcher went quite mad - the Abstergo Employee Handbook covers this in more detail if you are interested.)

princetontale
12-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Thank you Sorrosyss. I just purchased the employee handbook from amazon and waiting for delivery. I also purchased the 'Assassin's Creed Complete Visual History.