PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft should call the new game Assassin's Creed V

inferno33222
12-24-2016, 05:30 PM
Calling the new game Assassin' Creed V would signal that Ubisoft is learning from the mistakes of previous games, particularly Unity, and is willing to make larger changes. Also, if there is a new modern day story as is rumored, the V would help communicate that.

The4orTy67
12-24-2016, 06:22 PM
I think they will call it "Assassin's Creed" or "The Assassin's Creed" if they are really serious about it.

ze_topazio
12-24-2016, 07:19 PM
I fully agree, since I always prefer numbers for sequels instead of subtitles.

SixKeys
12-24-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm against numbering at this point because the higher they climb, the more ridiculous any franchise starts to sound. (Final Fantasy 15? The first fantasy wasn't final enough?) Subtitles make it easier for newbies to tell the games apart.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-24-2016, 11:15 PM
I'm against numbering at this point because the higher they climb, the more ridiculous any franchise starts to sound. (Final Fantasy 15? The first fantasy wasn't final enough?) Subtitles make it easier for newbies to tell the games apart.

Agreed.

doogsy91
12-24-2016, 11:48 PM
Unity was the best AC since II...

...Just saying

legendvinu
12-25-2016, 05:17 AM

I fully agree, since I always prefer numbers for sequels instead of subtitles.

I think they will call it "Assassin's Creed" or "The Assassin's Creed" if they are really serious about it.

Calling the new game Assassin' Creed V would signal that Ubisoft is learning from the mistakes of previous games, particularly Unity, and is willing to make larger changes. Also, if there is a new modern day story as is rumored, the V would help communicate that.

TO all the Assassin's Empire is suitable title for Assassin's creed because

(My view) In this game we are going to see how the Assassin's and Templar organisations were formed.
So Empire is the good code name but as for as code name the Assassin's creed Syndicate was coded as victory before the release. They can change that.IMO the Empire is correct or they can name a new code like Assassin's creed THE ORIGIN,Assassin's creed THE SEED,Assassin's creed The spring,etc the title may change and I think they will not number the game any more.

RVSage
12-25-2016, 06:07 AM
I prefer names over numbers as well

Fatal-Feit
12-25-2016, 02:35 PM

Agreed. Even as a big FF fan, I still get some of them confused. Sometimes I mistake FF11 for FF12, etc.

legendvinu
12-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Agreed. Even as a big FF fan, I still get some of them confused. Sometimes I mistake FF11 for FF12, etc.

True Indeed

ze_topazio
12-25-2016, 08:44 PM

I'm the contrary, I can remember all the numbered titles well, I'm constantly mistaking the ones with subtitles.

marvelfannumber
12-26-2016, 09:54 AM
I feel this is relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g

Sigma 1313
12-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Well subtitles can be quite confusing in comparison to numbers. Look at Assassin's Creed already:
Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Chronicles India
Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
Assassin's Creed (Movie).

not to mention all of the comics and books that help make the story make more sense.

We have all of these games (and several remasters that I mentioned). It can be quite confusing for someone to look at the game series and not know where they can easily enter it.

With that said, I highly doubt that Ubi will go back to numbers. Despite the fact that the pure number of games and a confusing chronology makes it hard to get into; a number system is far more scary to new comers in the series. Imagine looking at a game series and seeing that Assassin's Creed 9 or 10 is about to release. That would be incredibly intimidating for a new player because they'd feel like they needed to play the other 8 or 9 games first, which is hundreds of hours of content and hundreds of dollars, something not everyone has. A simple name like Assassin's Creed Unity seems more accessible. Unfortunately due to Ubi wanting to appeal to a new audience more, the overarching story has gone down hill.

As much as I want to see an Assassin's Creed V, I think the best thing would be to create a new trilogy, sort of like Call of Duty.
2017 - The Assassin's Creed 1
2018 - Assassin's Creed Spinoff (maybe Templar perspective)
2019 - The Assassin's Creed 2
2020 - Assassin's Creed Spinoff
2021 - The Assassin's Creed 3.

Making several subtrilogies and stories within the game series as a whole allows for each to have different plotlines. The spinoffs would be a good way to attract the newcomers as they'd have little impact on the core storyline (but maybe show templar perspective of things we see in the core numbered storyline) while still pleasing hardcore fans.

SixKeys
12-26-2016, 04:26 PM
The best subtitles are ones that easily identify the game's main selling point. Brotherhood is memorable because the game is all about building up a brotherhood, for the first time in the series. Black Flag is a pirate game, makes sense. Rogue is about.....well, a rogue. Generic titles like Revelations, Unity, Liberation and Chronicles can be confusing to keep track of. Nothing in those games really justifies the subtitle. (You could argue that Unity refers to the co-op experience, but it's completely separate from the single-player campaign and has nothing to do with the story.)

Sushiglutton
12-26-2016, 05:02 PM
As long as it's awesome they can call whatever they want. I do think the time for numbers is over though. No way back to that. My suggestion is:

Assasin's Creed: Sand in boots

crusader_prophet
12-26-2016, 05:11 PM
I think numbering should rest in peace at this point, specially because the series' reception hasn't been well and as the number keeps climbing higher, the perception of the company directs towards quantity over quality by a normal consumer. Sub-titles can be confusing but not harmful to the series' perception itself. Subtitles like Brotherhood, Revelations, Rogue, Black Flag reflected on the core element of the game itself and how it should continue.Unity - erm not sure what I united and Syndicate - if only the entire game I didn't feel like Robin Hood.

Razrback16
12-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I'd like to see numbers and a brief description as as well like AC4: Black Flag
AC7: Empire would be fine with me.

m4r-k7
12-28-2016, 12:18 AM
I would love for it to be called Assassins Creed V as that would signal that its a "big" entry in the franchise.

I do like the sound of Assassins Creed: Empire though so I hope that if they do go with a subtitle, they keep it to this.

My gut instinct makes me think this will be called Assassins Creed: Origins or something along those lines seeing as its taking place before the Assassins and Templars as we know them existed and its supposedly kinda like a reboot.

However, if they are making a new trilogy with the same character, I think a subtitle + numbered system is good such as Empire, Empire 2 and Empire 3.

legendvinu
12-28-2016, 03:57 AM
I would love for it to be called Assassins Creed V as that would signal that its a "big" entry in the franchise.

I do like the sound of Assassins Creed: Empire though so I hope that if they do go with a subtitle, they keep it to this.

My gut instinct makes me think this will be called Assassins Creed: Origins or something along those lines seeing as its taking place before the Assassins and Templars as we know them existed and its supposedly kinda like a reboot.

However, if they are making a new trilogy with the same character, I think a subtitle + numbered system is good such as Empire, Empire 2 and Empire 3.

True I agree with You but not the same name to all the series for example ezio collotions Ac2,brotherhood and revelations were the names for the game I love Your concept but I highly doubt it.

I'd like to see numbers and a brief description as as well like AC4: Black Flag
AC7: Empire would be fine with me.

Your Idea is same like m4r-k7 said Yes but if it is a trilogy then all will be same part ok like Ezio collection and each one will not be new as it is not a new game.

I think numbering should rest in peace at this point, specially because the series' reception hasn't been well and as the number keeps climbing higher, the perception of the company directs towards quantity over quality by a normal consumer. Sub-titles can be confusing but not harmful to the series' perception itself. Subtitles like Brotherhood, Revelations, Rogue, Black Flag reflected on the core element of the game itself and how it should continue.Unity - erm not sure what I united and Syndicate - if only the entire game I didn't feel like Robin Hood.

True in IMO more then numbers the Subtitle can connect more to playes once You understand it Brotherhood- forming of brotherhood in Rome, Revelations - a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others Altiar's life to Ezio. Rouge - Shay was dishonest and unprincipled Man to Assassin's. BlackFlag- Easy to understand it's all bout piratelife Edward kenway. and For You crusader_prophet Unity did Unite Arno with the Assassin's and about Syndicate:confused::confused: Got it with the help of rooks Jacob and Eviee liberated London from themplars (a group of individuals or organizations combined to promote a common interest.)

As long as it's awesome they can call whatever they want. I do think the time for numbers is over though. No way back to that. My suggestion is:

Assasin's Creed: Sand in boots

Did You see Puss in boots last night sushiglutton

The best subtitles are ones that easily identify the game's main selling point. Brotherhood is memorable because the game is all about building up a brotherhood, for the first time in the series. Black Flag is a pirate game, makes sense. Rogue is about.....well, a rogue. Generic titles like Revelations, Unity, Liberation and Chronicles can be confusing to keep track of. Nothing in those games really justifies the subtitle. (You could argue that Unity refers to the co-op experience, but it's completely separate from the single-player campaign and has nothing to do with the story.)

Unity did Unite Arno with the Assassin's.Revelations - a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others Altiar's life to Ezio. I don't want to go to Liberation and Chronicles because to be true I din't play the game as it was not the main series i did justify for the subtitles unity and Revelations and others on crusader_prophet chat above if You want You can read above. I love these titles till now and I have suggested some in a thread.

Well subtitles can be quite confusing in comparison to numbers. Look at Assassin's Creed already:
Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Chronicles India
Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
Assassin's Creed (Movie).

not to mention all of the comics and books that help make the story make more sense.

We have all of these games (and several remasters that I mentioned). It can be quite confusing for someone to look at the game series and not know where they can easily enter it.

With that said, I highly doubt that Ubi will go back to numbers. Despite the fact that the pure number of games and a confusing chronology makes it hard to get into; a number system is far more scary to new comers in the series. Imagine looking at a game series and seeing that Assassin's Creed 9 or 10 is about to release. That would be incredibly intimidating for a new player because they'd feel like they needed to play the other 8 or 9 games first, which is hundreds of hours of content and hundreds of dollars, something not everyone has. A simple name like Assassin's Creed Unity seems more accessible. Unfortunately due to Ubi wanting to appeal to a new audience more, the overarching story has gone down hill.

As much as I want to see an Assassin's Creed V, I think the best thing would be to create a new trilogy, sort of like Call of Duty.
2017 - The Assassin's Creed 1
2018 - Assassin's Creed Spinoff (maybe Templar perspective)
2019 - The Assassin's Creed 2
2020 - Assassin's Creed Spinoff
2021 - The Assassin's Creed 3.

Making several subtrilogies and stories within the game series as a whole allows for each to have different plotlines. The spinoffs would be a good way to attract the newcomers as they'd have little impact on the core storyline (but maybe show templar perspective of things we see in the core numbered storyline) while still pleasing hardcore fans.

I can clearly tell You you have done lot of wiki and works. Thanks for the titles I hope it will be easy to remember the games I have remember it easily My Idea is

Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles (Altair)
Assassin's Creed (Altair)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed 3 (conner)
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Aveline de Grandpré)
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (edward kenway)
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD (Aveline de Grandpré)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (Shay Patrick Cormac)
Assassin's Creed Unity (Arno victor Dorian)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (Shao Jun)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Jacob and Eviee frey twins)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles India (Arbaaz Mir)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia (Nikolai Orelov)
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed (Movie). (Callum Lynch(Michael Fassbender)

did You get any thing from that??!! YES! I always remember the games from title and everything with the help of character's name I have played all the main series. It's not that much difficult to remember things.How may i forget the things I love.

Sigma 1313
12-28-2016, 05:20 AM
Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles (Altair)
Assassin's Creed (Altair)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed 3 (conner)
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Aveline de Grandpré)
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (edward kenway)
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD (Aveline de Grandpré)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (Shay Patrick Cormac)
Assassin's Creed Unity (Arno victor Dorian)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (Shao Jun)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Jacob and Eviee frey twins)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles India (Arbaaz Mir)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia (Nikolai Orelov)
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (Ezio)
Assassin's Creed (Movie). (Callum Lynch(Michael Fassbender)

did You get any thing from that??!! YES! I always remember the games from title and everything with the help of character's name I have played all the main series. It's not that much difficult to remember things.How may i forget the things I love.[/SIZE]

Well, you actually did forget Bloodlines. Besides that, it's one thing for a fan to know the names, but as I said, this can become difficult for new players who have not yet played and experienced the characters and stories.

LoyalACFan
12-28-2016, 12:44 PM
I'd prefer no number, but if they decide to use one, they should go the Mortal Kombat route and call it Assassin's Creed X. I think it actually will be the tenth "major" game in the series. I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, IV, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate? "Empire" makes ten, and there's a certain gravitas to the numeral "X" that "V" doesn't quite have. Although I guess at this point the question is which games you can call "major..." One could make a case for Liberation, but if you choose to include it, why not Bloodlines? Discovery? All the Chronicles? We could be pushing twenty depending on what you're counting.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a light rebranding of the franchise with the new game, calling it "The Assassin's Creed" or something. I like that, but I think we would still need a subtitle, otherwise it's not different enough from the first game, or the movie. "The Assassin's Creed: Empire" might work. I also heard someone suggest simply "Creed: Empire," which is certainly a trendy titling fad these days ("Random Noun - Colon- Subtitle") but I'm not a fan of that idea. Reminds me too much of that sucky band. Or this guy.

http://a.fod4.com/misc/Creed%20creep.gif

SixKeys
12-28-2016, 02:52 PM
I'd prefer no number, but if they decide to use one, they should go the Mortal Kombat route and call it Assassin's Creed X. I think it actually will be the tenth "major" game in the series. I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, IV, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate? "Empire" makes ten, and there's a certain gravitas to the numeral "X" that "V" doesn't quite have. Although I guess at this point the question is which games you can call "major..." One could make a case for Liberation, but if you choose to include it, why not Bloodlines? Discovery? All the Chronicles? We could be pushing twenty depending on what you're counting.[/SPOILER]

I would laugh so hard if that were to happen. Ubi have already gotten enough grief from gamers saying the devs don't seem to understand how numbering works (1, 2, Third Game, Fourth Game, 3, 4.....). Suddenly we would jump directly from the last numbered title (4) to 10.

Anyway, I don't think the series is old enough for a hard reboot yet. Naming the next game "THE Assassin's Creed" would be really confusing when the first one, almost similarly named, from 2007 is still regularly bought and played by newbies. It's easier to justify something like that with Tomb Raider or a film series like Rocky when both of those are 20-30 years old.

legendvinu
12-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Well, you actually did forget Bloodlines. Besides that, it's one thing for a fan to know the names, but as I said, this can become difficult for new players who have not yet played and experienced the characters and stories.

Is it game from main series?? If yes Iam sorry if not them please be sorry.:confused: I play main game.

crusader_prophet
12-28-2016, 06:01 PM
"The Assassin's Creed: Empire" might work. I also heard someone suggest simply "Creed: Empire," which is certainly a trendy titling fad these days ("Random Noun - Colon- Subtitle") but I'm not a fan of that idea.

AC Empire is most likely just a code name as was Victory. And Empire will just be cliche at this point and not sure what core element of the game it will relate to other than Roman Empire. I think it should be based on a core gameplay element or a theme in the lore that will be explored in the game.

ze_topazio
12-28-2016, 11:07 PM
They could do it like Devil May Cry did with that cursed attempt at reboot.

AC: Assassin's Creed

No seriously there's nothing I dislike more that those reboots/sequels that just use the same name with no indication is a different entry.

examples:

Tomb Raider (1996) -> Tomb Raider (2013)

Mortal Kombat (1992) -> Mortal Kombat (2011)

Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) -> Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Just three examples I remembered, there's more, movies too.

Seriously that's lame as lame can be.

cawatrooper9
12-28-2016, 11:07 PM
I think we're too far removed from the series to go back to the numbering. It made sense back in 2012, because we could reasonably argue that new number meant a new protagonist. Now, it just seems arbitrary.

The only way I could see this being justified is if Ubisoft was really- and I mean really- seriously, I cannot stress that enough- REALLY confident in the new game. Confident enough to say "Look, Unity and Syndicate weren't great, but THIS is Assassins Creed- we're back, baby, here's game number five."

It's a really bold move, and it might pay off in the end (after all, 5 is still a relatively small number- in this case, it actually makes the series seem more accessible to new players).

FeakFrost
12-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Assassin's Creed One. jk, i too preferred them to go back with numbers, or even combine them like Black Flag

TexasCaesar
12-31-2016, 06:57 AM
What if Assassin's Creed started having numbers indicate a group of games with a related theme, and subtitles with those numbers indicate the specific game?

Like, Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations go together as the Ezio Trilogy, so they would be (if they were made now):
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed II: Revelations

Once we hit III and beyond, it gets crazy, but let's suppose that Liberation and Freedom Cry are marketed separately. Then, we get the "Colonial Trilogy."
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed III: Rogue

Finally, the next-gen ("Modern," perhaps) duology:
Assassin's Creed IV (Assassin's Creed: Unity)
Assassin's Creed IV: Syndicate

The big downside I can see to this is that it might give the impression that the games with subtitles are just standalone expansions (not worth $60) instead of full games, but I think people would get used to it pretty quickly.

EDIT: I'm not saying Ubisoft should rename their games, those are just examples of what these "mini-series" would look like. I imagine that Ubisoft now feels like they've done the broad Renaissance/Reformation and Enlightenment/Victorian eras, so now they're returning to Antiquity/Medieval for another mini-series.

Going4Quests
12-31-2016, 12:02 PM
I believe the next game will be called Assassin's Creed V Empire (if Empire is going to be the next game). As far that I heard if I'm right, Ubisoft is still using the numbering in their names, but the current chapter just was longer.

New numbers in Assassin's Creed names seem to come when a new chapter arrives. The first Assassin's Creed game was "just" the beginning, so we directly had the Ezio chapter after it which got Brotherhood & Revelations.

After Ezio We got Assassin's Creed III & Liberation as the next chapter which saw the end of Desmond and after that we got Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

Around the release of Assassin's Creed Syndicate it was somewhere said chapter IV was the transition of Assassin's Creed post-Desmond's death and that Syndicate was the finale of chapter IV, which really seems to be true seeing how (spoilers) William Miles has returned to the brotherhood and the Initiates have been shut down (Modern day returning?) and ofcourse the death of Alan Rikkin in the movie now and the imminent return of She Who Lies in Wait, Juno.

So if Ubisoft doesn't forget their plans, the next game should be named the same way as Black Flag was named: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2017, 05:04 PM
I would laugh so hard if that were to happen. Ubi have already gotten enough grief from gamers saying the devs don't seem to understand how numbering works (1, 2, Third Game, Fourth Game, 3, 4.....). Suddenly we would jump directly from the last numbered title (4) to 10.

Anyway, I don't think the series is old enough for a hard reboot yet. Naming the next game "THE Assassin's Creed" would be really confusing when the first one, almost similarly named, from 2007 is still regularly bought and played by newbies. It's easier to justify something like that with Tomb Raider or a film series like Rocky when both of those are 20-30 years old.

Well, note that I did say IF they brought back the numerals, which I think is a bad idea anyway. Just playing devil's advocate. Assassin's Creed X makes more sense to me than Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Third Game, Fourth Game, 3, 4, Seventh Game, Eighth Game, Ninth Game, 5 :p

Anyway, I don't think reboots/rebrands are about age. DmC did it after only nine years (with some controversy at first, but ultimately a respectable amount of success). AC has so many games and so much baggage that I think a slight rebrand of some kind would be a godsend. Look at how many people are begging for the next game to be a departure from Unity/Syndicate. While I don't personally think those games were bad, there's no question that they've left a bad taste in the fans' collective mouth. Some kind of visual cue that the next game really is something new would go a long way toward getting people excited again. They've already taken a great first step by taking a year off.

SixKeys
01-06-2017, 12:40 AM
Well, note that I did say IF they brought back the numerals, which I think is a bad idea anyway. Just playing devil's advocate. Assassin's Creed X makes more sense to me than Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Third Game, Fourth Game, 3, 4, Seventh Game, Eighth Game, Ninth Game, 5 :p

Anyway, I don't think reboots/rebrands are about age. DmC did it after only nine years (with some controversy at first, but ultimately a respectable amount of success). AC has so many games and so much baggage that I think a slight rebrand of some kind would be a godsend. Look at how many people are begging for the next game to be a departure from Unity/Syndicate. While I don't personally think those games were bad, there's no question that they've left a bad taste in the fans' collective mouth. Some kind of visual cue that the next game really is something new would go a long way toward getting people excited again. They've already taken a great first step by taking a year off.

A slight rebranding I wouldn't mind, and I think most people feel the same way, in that they also feel the lore has gotten too confusing and could do with a bit of cleaning up. Everybody expects the next game to be transformative the same way AC2 and AC3 were. I just don't want a hard reboot where they completely wipe the slate clean. The movie worked pretty well as a re-framing of the series as a whole, should they wish to pursue it: only one Apple, different Animus, bigger stakes in MD (almost all assassins have been wiped out) and only the slightest hint at the mystery of an earlier civilization.

Dead1y-Derri
01-06-2017, 04:25 AM
I dislike when franchises reboot with just the same name. Unless its 10+ years apart. Then I think it is more acceptable.

Personally I think marking it as Assassins Creed V: ----------- (whatever they end up calling it) would make more sense.

fabionasimento
01-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Guys its starting, someone on 4chan 2 days ago has talked about assassin's creed empire and is going to give more info soon on NeoGaf, the name of the thread is project legacy tombs.

LoyalACFan
01-07-2017, 06:50 AM
A slight rebranding I wouldn't mind, and I think most people feel the same way, in that they also feel the lore has gotten too confusing and could do with a bit of cleaning up. Everybody expects the next game to be transformative the same way AC2 and AC3 were. I just don't want a hard reboot where they completely wipe the slate clean. The movie worked pretty well as a re-framing of the series as a whole, should they wish to pursue it: only one Apple, different Animus, bigger stakes in MD (almost all assassins have been wiped out) and only the slightest hint at the mystery of an earlier civilization.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but IMO a single Apple is the best thing about what you just listed. The PoE's started losing their luster when we found out there were freaking dozens of them lying around, lol. There's not really any way of fixing that unless they do some kind of retconning, at the very least.

IDK, I just think the lore in general has gotten really messy, and it's going to be impossible to continue all of the hanging plot threads while simultaneously bringing in new fans. I think Pac was the one saying that a jump to the semi-distant future could work, if there's a total paradigm shift that would be as fresh to the longtime fans as the newbies. I know I'm straying from the discussion of a rebrand, but it couldn't hurt to shift course a bit in their advertising too.

Sigma 1313
01-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Guys its starting, someone on 4chan 2 days ago has talked about assassin's creed empire and is going to give more info soon on NeoGaf, the name of the thread is project legacy tombs.

Yeah, I just saw that myself. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm expecting:
1) Nothing
2) Fake ******** (no pic)
3) Fake ******** (with pic like the other empire leak)
4) Something real (no pic)
5) Something real (with pic)
In that order.

fabionasimento
01-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Well the leaks from empire started a year ago at 4chan so we never know, I want to believe I want this game so bad if it's like the rumors.

Helforsite
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM
I doubt real leaks will be coming before beginning of February, but I will welcome anything.