PDA

View Full Version : free version of assassins creed 3. poorly designed

Ibervang
12-24-2016, 01:34 AM
Im currently playing that version, and it is poorly designed. First of, everytime i have to play the game, i have to verify the files. Second, the controls are messed up. the time it dosent seem to want to pick up weapons. It said the reload button was R, yet nothing happens, i have to press Q. 3. Im at the fort where you have to free some slaves, and there is an extra option, to kill 3 people in a corner, silently. I saw a video of how to do it. Im doing it pretty much as it shows, yet it dosent accept the kills. So either it is broke, you you have to do the kill in 100% the right spot and right way, which again is ****ty gamiong design. The controls just dosent seem that well designed for pc.

Ibervang
12-24-2016, 01:59 AM
And you can't even save in the game, so you have to start all over, if you fail. Which you will, as the "post"/"open window" is so microscopic. And you have to guess when a checkpoint is, because they arent even competent enough, to ad a notification in the game, for when the checkpoint is. The game is from 2012, and it dosent even have a save function. So either they are lazy, incompetent, or just trying to screw over the players. Who ever designed that "bonus option" should not be designing games

Butcherbird59
12-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Well, no verify-files problem here but weapon pick up is a little hard hearing, yes! I usually need to do it twice until it grabs.

The difficulty in-game is apparently a bit higher than in those videos - not sure why that is.

Freeing the 'slaves' took me a dozen attempts/ different approaches until it worked out.

Saving progress? So far I think this game saves after every completed assignment or mission. However, some assignments are a bit longer hence you start over again.

Yes, this game is teething at times and it's no walk in the woods :)

strigoi1958
12-24-2016, 02:47 PM
corner kills... you don't just stand by a corner... when you are in the right position he does a slight crouch and gets very close to the wall/ box/ tent... then when the enemy is highlighted you press the kill button/ key and he will stab and drag the enemy around the corner... it takes a little practice but after a while you'll find you can do it so easy that the bodies start mounting up :)

naumaan
12-24-2016, 08:57 PM
i was in the console section for quite a while now and what is happening in the pc section ...

Lysette88
12-25-2016, 06:07 AM
corner kills... you don't just stand by a corner... when you are in the right position he does a slight crouch and gets very close to the wall/ box/ tent... then when the enemy is highlighted you press the kill button/ key and he will stab and drag the enemy around the corner... it takes a little practice but after a while you'll find you can do it so easy that the bodies start mounting up :)

Yes, this - and you can feel when it is right, because your character seems to stick to the wall or corner - it cannot just be seen optically but you can feel it at your controls, that the character is clinging to the wall or corner. It is as well good to get a feel for the range of the "whistle", so that you do not attract more than one red coat at a time - speaking to the OP, not to you, strigoi1958. Merry christmas btw.

strigoi1958
12-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Merry Christmas to you too Lysette :)

Naumaan.... I wondered where you had been hiding... you stealthy assassin :) Merry Christmas :)

naumaan
12-25-2016, 09:28 PM
hahaha ... merry christmas ..

i ve been busy in professional life,.. now I am getting married on the new year, I am surely going to try convincing my fiance/wife to get into AC :D

how are you and what you been upto .. any new avatar works there ? still a vampire assassin, are you ?

Ibervang
12-26-2016, 01:39 AM
Another thing i find a little stupid. You might be surrounded by mobs, why does it take about 5+ punches and kicks before to actualy stab the mob. It just gives the opponents time to attack you. They are open for a stab quite fast, you you just keep going at them, even though there are mobs attacking you. in fighting and life and death situations, its about taking out your oppoent(s) fast.

strigoi1958
12-26-2016, 02:00 AM
well you're supposed to be stealthy, taking out enemy 1 by 1 but if there is no alternative to fighting a big group, always counter. if you block then attack it is always a hit.

Ibervang
12-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Im at "clear the camp" where there is an option to kill 2 without getting spot. But as i assasinate 1, the ******ed game, desides that my char should just stand up in the middle of of the bush. That is a speciel level of incompetence. What about testing the game. What a joke. Im so happy i havent wasted any money on this piece of ****. I can't see how this **** became popopuar. Don't people have standards for what they pay for

Ibervang
12-26-2016, 02:31 AM
well you're supposed to be stealthy, taking out enemy 1 by 1 but if there is no alternative to fighting a big group, always counter. if you block then attack it is always a hit.

when you attack the fort in the start, it is open fight at one point

A game based on stealth, and you dont even have a god damn stealth button, you have to rely on the environmen, just to be able to crunch. So stupid

Ibervang
12-26-2016, 02:50 AM
I was hanging on a small cliff, and jumped off, hitting a smalle slope, and i got desyncronised. And now I have to start over with sneaking and waiting. Seriously, how ****ty can you design this game "lets come up with more ways to screw over the players". Play your god damn game, so you can see how ****ty it is. As someone said. If you don't do exactly as the developers intended, you get screwed over. I have completet 16% and im stating to think i have wasted my time, and im about to give up. Im staring to wonder if the other free games are even worth speding the time to dl and install, just to try, because ubisoft dosent seem that able to create a prober game

Butcherbird59
12-26-2016, 04:28 AM
Well, by now I have similar sentiments - the 'remove Posters' mission, I am at ~ 9% by now, was ridiculous coz fighting the enemy is like fighting with a 'toothbrush weapon" - they have guns and you got a frickin' axe/bow and too many of them chasing you all the time. I am not sure how much longer I can take this sh*t of a game....

I think it is very hard for any developer to get a properly balanced game done - point is more how much they care or just throw that 'beta' bone at gamers and be done with it. I feel lucky to not have paid for this thing of a game and it discourages me to ever try such thing again.

strigoi1958
12-26-2016, 09:32 AM
it's just different play styles, AC games are about stealth, about staying hidden.... over the last 30 years I've learned to adapt to game styles rather than try to get games to adapt to me. Obviously there are games I am not good at playing, several of my friends are like me (older but not wiser :) ) and have found some great games that we have got skilled and enjoy playing together...
The guys from New Zealand and U.S.A. like a lot of what I call "run and gun" games usually zombie games, no skill needed, no planning just run around in a group, shooting or hacking away with a machete going from place to place... not my type of game.... Also there are lots of games that critics and fans score extremely highly that have been on my pc for 20 minutes before I uninstalled them... they are not bad games... they are just games that I do not enjoy or games that I'm either bad at playing or do not want to take the time to develop better skills, unlock better weapons. I don't think a game is bad just because I find it difficult or do not like it. :)

I enjoy a challenge and starting out any game with the most powerful weapons and skills would make games too easy.... might just as well have an instant win button :)
It can get a little frustrating at times but as the game progresses it is more satisfying to beat sections and overcome problems and I know that is not for everyone. AC3 was the first game I played with crafting, and finding animal skins and making better things or selling things to buy powerful guns is brilliant for me but I know it is not for everyone.

The game can be played at times without following the main mission and I think in the beginning I looked online for tips and youtube videos that helped me unlock better weapons and change my style of play... and I really love stealth games now... if I can get in, do a job and get out unseen without killing anyone it's great.

But maybe it's not for you, you might prefer something like Rainbow 6 siege with a building with 22 enemies and several refill spots and you just choose an operator with different weapons and tools, (grenades, claymore mines etc...) then clear out the building... it's great solo or with friends... which is better because if you do get down to zero health the first time, you can be revived to 50%....

So AC3 is a free game that develops into a great game but it hasn't cost you anything so no great loss, I'm sorry you're not enjoying it, you should find something you do enjoy. No point spending time doing anything that is not fun :)

If you find a game you want to play in co-op just add me as a uplay friend... I have several mates who play in co-op and small groups and we chat in mumble and just generally have a laugh while we play (usually dying a lot in R6 siege) :)

Lignjoslav
12-26-2016, 10:33 AM
... What about testing the game. ...What do you mean? The game was playtested by millions of us who bought it back when it was new, before it got patched to the level you now see. ;p Jokes aside, it was by far the buggiest release in the AC series until Unity came out, but, on the other hand, I got to play it on day one and finished it and the DLCs at 100% sync, so it's far from unplayable.

The game allows for different approaches, but for 100% sync (optional objectives) you sometimes need to think a bit more about what will work and what won't. Also, it's worth keeping in mind that optional objectives are exactly that - optional. During my own playthrough, I encountered a couple that I found frustrating and just decided to finish the missions without them. Later, after I've finished the game, I replayed those memories specifically to get them to 100%.

Well, by now I have similar sentiments - the 'remove Posters' mission, I am at ~ 9% by now, was ridiculous coz fighting the enemy is like fighting with a 'toothbrush weapon" - they have guns and you got a frickin' axe/bow and too many of them chasing you all the time. I am not sure how much longer I can take this sh*t of a game....

I think it is very hard for any developer to get a properly balanced game done - point is more how much they care or just throw that 'beta' bone at gamers and be done with it. I feel lucky to not have paid for this thing of a game and it discourages me to ever try such thing again.I vaguely remember the mission and I don't recall it being super difficult. Pay attention to when and where you are in the field of view of the guards and try to keep yourself outside of it as much as possible to avoid conflict. Also, learn how to escape a chase, instead of fighting: break the line of sight, get out of the search area, hide.

As you progress through the game, the fighting will be getting easier and easier, but knowing how to escape your pursuers is one of the basic mechanics of the entire series.

strigoi1958
12-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I got to play it on day one and finished it and the DLCs at 100% sync, so it's far from unplayable.

The game allows for different approaches, but for 100% sync (optional objectives) you sometimes need to think a bit more about what will work and what won't. Also, it's worth keeping in mind that optional objectives are exactly that - optional. During my own playthrough, I encountered a couple that I found frustrating and just decided to finish the missions without them. Later, after I've finished the game, I replayed those memories specifically to get them to 100%.

I vaguely remember the mission and I don't recall it being super difficult. Pay attention to when and where you are in the field of view of the guards and try to keep yourself outside of it as much as possible to avoid conflict. Also, learn how to escape a chase, instead of fighting: break the line of sight, get out of the search area, hide.

As you progress through the game, the fighting will be getting easier and easier, but knowing how to escape your pursuers is one of the basic mechanics of the entire series.

A true master Assassin...adapt and evolve :)

I am not as skilled and have often looked to the players like Lignjoslav for tips to get through difficult areas... often stealth and strategy is far superior to weapons... I think I've only managed 100% synch in one assassins game... but the one I did want and never got was Unity as it unlocked a great outfit (I think Altairs) and I was always a bit jealous when seeing someone else wearing it :)

Lignjoslav
12-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Oh, stop it, you! :o;)

Ibervang
01-05-2017, 11:04 PM

some incidents you just can't do that. Like in the bar/tavern, where you have to fight groups of 4 redjackets.

The controls dosen't seem to react the time. I got attacked by a cougar, and pressed the buttions it told me to. It did nothing. How can you design something so poorly, and think, this is good enough.

I barely feel like im playing the game. So many short pointless cutscenes, with a little pointless gameplay. I had to run a place, then got a cutscene to see me enter a place. I recall there being a cutscene where you just take a few steps, thats it. Quite a bit could have been taken out of the game. It dosent feel like the assassin creed game, i saw a friend had (think it was the first one, he had). This is just alot of boring stuff, with a few nice things inbetween.Why do i have to run/walk a place, to then get a cutscene where i walk a little, and then mins gameplay that is pointless/boring and then a longer cutscene

Ibervang
01-05-2017, 11:13 PM
it's just different play styles, AC games are about stealth, about staying hidden.... over the last 30 years I've learned to adapt to game styles rather than try to get games to adapt to me. Obviously there are games I am not good at playing, several of my friends are like me (older but not wiser :) ) and have found some great games that we have got skilled and enjoy playing together...
The guys from New Zealand and U.S.A. like a lot of what I call "run and gun" games usually zombie games, no skill needed, no planning just run around in a group, shooting or hacking away with a machete going from place to place... not my type of game.... Also there are lots of games that critics and fans score extremely highly that have been on my pc for 20 minutes before I uninstalled them... they are not bad games... they are just games that I do not enjoy or games that I'm either bad at playing or do not want to take the time to develop better skills, unlock better weapons. I don't think a game is bad just because I find it difficult or do not like it. :)

I enjoy a challenge and starting out any game with the most powerful weapons and skills would make games too easy.... might just as well have an instant win button :)
It can get a little frustrating at times but as the game progresses it is more satisfying to beat sections and overcome problems and I know that is not for everyone. AC3 was the first game I played with crafting, and finding animal skins and making better things or selling things to buy powerful guns is brilliant for me but I know it is not for everyone.

The game can be played at times without following the main mission and I think in the beginning I looked online for tips and youtube videos that helped me unlock better weapons and change my style of play... and I really love stealth games now... if I can get in, do a job and get out unseen without killing anyone it's great.

But maybe it's not for you, you might prefer something like Rainbow 6 siege with a building with 22 enemies and several refill spots and you just choose an operator with different weapons and tools, (grenades, claymore mines etc...) then clear out the building... it's great solo or with friends... which is better because if you do get down to zero health the first time, you can be revived to 50%....

So AC3 is a free game that develops into a great game but it hasn't cost you anything so no great loss, I'm sorry you're not enjoying it, you should find something you do enjoy. No point spending time doing anything that is not fun :)

If you find a game you want to play in co-op just add me as a uplay friend... I have several mates who play in co-op and small groups and we chat in mumble and just generally have a laugh while we play (usually dying a lot in R6 siege) :)

I do like stealthplay games. I just think this game is poorly designed. Fights that are just unfair/stupidly designed. Im playing on a PC, and perhaps it is just better on a console. The controls seems very ****ty for PC. I just had an incident where I got attacked by a cougar, and the game didnt see to react, even though i pressed the button it told me to, quite fast. And until it stopped blinking on the screen. I ended up dead. That is ****ty design, when you press what it tells you to, and you still die. And then there is alot of pointless cutscenes and gameplay, that could have been cut out of the game. It is as if they just added all the **** they could come up with... Its okay to cut away boring/pointless gameplay, like comming out of a cutscene, to just walk 10 meters, and get another cutscene. And there have been several of similar things, already

Ibervang
01-05-2017, 11:24 PM
I just at the stage, where you are the native american boy, and have to convince the guy in the house you train you. Go and try to convince. go sleep. go and try to convince, go sleep. Awesome!.. then you get woken and have to fight. but you and they are place, so if you attack 1 of them, the other attacks you, and the optional quest says you can't lose more than 50% health. I had to restart, because of course that happened, with such ****ty placements. and just how poorly that was done. killed all of them succesfully. Then another cutscene, that has a point. And then i get to run to the house... uuhhhhh, awesome. Then a cutsceme, that acts as if it tells you something, but it dosent. So those of us that havent played the previous games, knows what he is really talking about.... brilliant done...!

strigoi1958
01-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Playing as Haytham on the ship we are taught to counter and block attacks. You should have protected more instead of attacking constantly,,, it is possible to do that section with 100% health left. You don't need to have played previous games, you do not need to watch cut scenes but that's your choice

Butcherbird59
01-06-2017, 05:35 AM
I vaguely remember the mission and I don't recall it being super difficult. Pay attention to when and where you are in the field of view of the guards and try to keep yourself outside of it as much as possible to avoid conflict. Also, learn how to escape a chase, instead of fighting:.......

Escape an unnecessarily long drawn fight (removing posters) is difficult since the game hardly lets you get out...due to masses of enemies - for now I retired AC3 and maybe I'll continue at a later time. I prefer FC3/4 over AC3 any time coz I have my freedom what to do and not being told on what's my next step to do!