PDA

View Full Version : Is the bleed mechanic balanced as it is right now?

naisuguydesu
12-23-2016, 02:53 PM
[erased because of the NDA, didn't know sorry ^^'']

Fatal-Feit
12-23-2016, 03:15 PM
We're under NDA so we can't discuss these things here.

naisuguydesu
12-23-2016, 03:20 PM
I didn't know sorry. Do you know if I can erase the thread? ^^

Fatal-Feit
12-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately not. I do think we can discuss bleed mildly since there are videos of the PK in MP matches out now, but we can't talk about the Nobushi.

I personally don't think bleed should exist since its balancing varies too much depending on which side you are on. Bleed damage can be recovered and it takes time to kill the opponent, so from the user end, it's not THAT useful. If it dealt the same damage as any other attacks, such as the Raider's Zone Attack, then it's kind of redundant. However, if you're the opponent and you get hit 2 or 3 times, it stacks up to the point where you're dead (assuming you don't Revenge or perform a finisher) and I think that's why it feels OP.

T_Sesh
12-23-2016, 04:11 PM
I think as a mechanic, it can be pretty interesting. If you're in a 1v1 duel, once you stack some bleed on your opponent it essentially puts them on a time limit to kill you. This may be balanced out somewhat by your character's lower health relative to some of the other characters. That time limit inherently puts pressure on the opponent as well, potentially throwing their game off as they frantically try to kill you. I imagine it would be rather annoying to face that in general though, especially if the classes that cause bleed become particularly popular. I'm willing to bet many people will die just shortly after killing you because they didn't find health in time or didn't get the execute.

Dark-Thomy
12-24-2016, 08:52 PM
I think as a mechanic, it can be pretty interesting. If you're in a 1v1 duel, once you stack some bleed on your opponent it essentially puts them on a time limit to kill you. This may be balanced out somewhat by your character's lower health relative to some of the other characters. That time limit inherently puts pressure on the opponent as well, potentially throwing their game off as they frantically try to kill you. I imagine it would be rather annoying to face that in general though, especially if the classes that cause bleed become particularly popular. I'm willing to bet many people will die just shortly after killing you because they didn't find health in time or didn't get the execute.

Hum, I think you're wrong. Giving the informations we have, it's not an interesting ability at all.

If the victim cannot do anything relative to how the bleed drains his health, it's not interesting for him.
If the aggressor does not have any bonus for having the opponent's bleeding, it's not interesting for him. That's actually worse than raw damages..

And that is (apparently) exactly the situation in which the bleed mechanic is currently.
The only exception is, "if the injured bleeding warrior succeed to execute the opponent", but such a solution has two majors problems :
- bleed-attacks really have no advantages to the user
- the best solution would be to fleeing the combat, waiting the opponent to bleed out.

That is not a good mechanic then.

(same if we can recover from the bleed damages by simply waiting... but this time, it's the injured one that would flee, and the user has nothing to act on !)

edit : I think a good mechanic is something that would reward a particular type of play, in a particular situation enabled by this mechanic.
For example, if "not attacking while bleeding would reduce the bleed-damages".
Or, if "attacking a bleeding opponent dealt more damages".
Maybe even if some characters (nobushi? *cough cough*) dealt more damages on bleeding targets. That would add depth to team compositions !