PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Integrate Just Dance Controller app better with the game

XenoGC
12-22-2016, 06:43 PM
I'd like to share my feedback based on my experience with Just Dance 2017 on my Xbox One S so far:

1. Look for mobile phone controllers upon starting Just Dance 2017

I often use the Xbox app on my phone to control Netflix and other apps on my Xbox One S. This immediately creates a disconnect when I launch Just Dance 2017, as I have to turn on an Xbox One controller just to make a few button presses until the game starts looking for mobile phone controllers.

It would be far better if the game started looking for mobile phone controllers right away. I could then switch from the Xbox app to the Just Dance Controller app on my phone and start playing the game, without having to use an Xbox One controller in between just to press a few buttons and never touch it again.

2. Use a mobile phone controller as a microphone for karaoke

For players without a Kinect such as myself, it would be great to have the option to use the microphone on a mobile phone controller for karaoke. It could even be activated as an option for a secondary mobile phone controller to act as a microphone only.

E.g. the Wii U version of Just Dance 2017 has the option of a secondary player using the Wii U GamePad only for karaoke with the lyrics being displayed on the touch screen. This would be a great addition to the Just Dance Controller app and make the experience better as no one is left out for not having a Kinect. (I don't have experience of how Just Dance 2017 works on platforms other than the Xbox One and Wii U, but having feature parity for all versions would be very welcome either way.)

3. (Just Dance Controller app only) Remove the Photo Booth button from the dance screen

I can't tell you how often I've misfired the Photo Booth option on the Just Dance Controller app as I'm playing the game and subsequently miss out on points as the app stops tracking my movements! Please at least make it an option to remove the Photo Booth button from the dance screen. As I clutch my phone in my hand, it's simply too easy to mistakenly touch the Photo Booth button during gameplay and ruin the fun.

4. (Xbox One only) Update troubleshooting tips on Ubisoft support page

I experienced connectivity problems with Just Dance 2017 and the Just Dance Controller app at first and tried everything the Ubisoft support page suggested, including restarting all associated devices (my phone, console, and Wi-Fi router) as well as setting my Xbox One S in the DMZ(*). Nothing worked, until I finally found the advice from user ImaFrickinBeast in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1525706-Controller-App-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-and-Note-5-do-not-work.

That piece of advice (enabling all Xbox app connections) finally worked for me, but there was no mention of it anywhere. Kudos to the user ImaFrickinBeast for helping me solve the connectivity problems I faced, which had nothing to do with my network to begin with (which is all that the Ubisoft support page covers).

(*) I believe this piece of advice is very poor and I only attempted it after trying the suggested port forwarding tips to no avail. I hope Ubisoft updates the troubleshooting tips to not mention putting anything in the DMZ, as it's a real security risk to open up any device, including a console, to all incoming traffic.

----

I hope this feedback reaches Ubisoft and the Just Dance team to make Just Dance 2017 better! I'd like to add that I'm hoping for updates to the UI of the Just Dance Controller app as well, as currently it's very plain and therefore sluggish and hard to use. However, I hope the priority is with fixing the important problems I have outlined above. Thank you!

That's all. And happy holidays everyone! :)

nchellee
06-26-2018, 09:44 PM
I had my nieces and nephews who were enjoying Just Dance, but because we don't have a Kinect the singing option wouldn't work and then they were disappointed. I tried some options and nothing worked. There should be a way since Kinect is discontinued for Xbox One S.

Ubi-RealDude
10-06-2018, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback, XenoGC! Rest assured your insights have reached Ubisoft, and I'll be sure to pass them along to the team.