PDA

View Full Version : Simple Suggestions / Improvements

goldant
12-21-2016, 08:38 PM
- Use the player movements as keyframes instead of absolute instantaneous motions. The framerate in the game looks gorgeous on my Vive if I'm looking at my own character (90 FPS for each eye). When looking at other players (PSVR...etc) they appear quite choppy at 10-15 frames per second. Smoothing out this movement would make the game look SO much better.

- Better Vive Motion Controller support, almost non-existent support at this point. Can we please do hand motions with the controllers? I thought we were going to be able to move our hands like in the Altspace VR game.
or
- Make it more obvious you need to point the Vive headset at the thing you want to press (took me 20 minutes to figure out why my motion controllers weren't working properly, it is because they aren't being used :( which is sad).

- Make it so if you look down at the controllers they will list what each button does. When you first start the game this can be disorienting trying to figure out what buttons do what during a live game.

- Support both dpads for Vive controllers for pre-programmed emotes

- Make it more obvious you can turn pages in the settings / friendlist in the rulebook

- Sort the friends list in the book so that online friends sort to the top, and people playing the game sort even higher

- Add friend icons from Steam to the book

- Mark a player as avoid/prefer (Don't make it a hard rule otherwise you'll end up with the same problem Overwatch hit). This would be nice so that I don't feel like I have to add people as friends when really, I'd just like to play with them only if they're already playing

- Allow for other rulesets, IE the original werewolf that takes more than one night (what I originally thought I was buying, but one night werewolf is decent too)

- See how many other people are in the queue to join a game / see player counts for different regions
- And/or use the primary region initially, but then fallback to other reigions automatically

- Since this is a unity game engine, would be semi easy to add support for Google Cardboard and/or Google Daydream. Daydream would allow for different gestures, and cardboard does have the single button which could be good enough to play a game with. Would make this game accessible for parties or for families to play :). (Not everyone in my family has a Vive or PSVR, but they all have androids phones and can shell out $15 for the cardboard or $75 for the daydream).

- Have an easy option to switch up the players after a game ends (Maybe have an option to have the game randomly select one person to switch out after the game ends). IE, "do you want a new random player?" and then a single player gets selected randomly by the game to be replaced

- Make it more obvious when starting a game server that you need to open the game server to the public for people to join (should be alleviated once the matchmaking is fixed)

- Some kind of easy meta game for when you're sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes waiting for enough players to start a game. Just something simple, even if it is just trivia or conversation pieces, anything.

NozXT
12-31-2016, 02:39 AM
Unfortunately, I wonder who even reads this. I could not find this forum on the Ubisoft website. If you click on the ''forum'' button above in the forums, itll take you to a list of forums and this isn't listed on it. It's not even listed if you do a search using the websites search tool.

http://forums.ubi.com/forum.php

No one could tell me where the forum was for this game. The search engine at the very least should have shown me. needless to say, I finally found it after typing in variants of ''were wolf within vr forum ubisoft'' into google.

Seeing how difficult it is to just find this forum, I really, REALLY doubt any developers or many readers have been here. We need a way to get in contact with them because right now it just feels a little empty and unloved.

UbiSkyBear
01-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately, I wonder who even reads this. I could not find this forum on the Ubisoft website. If you click on the ''forum'' button above in the forums, itll take you to a list of forums and this isn't listed on it. It's not even listed if you do a search using the websites search tool.

http://forums.ubi.com/forum.php

No one could tell me where the forum was for this game. The search engine at the very least should have shown me. needless to say, I finally found it after typing in variants of ''were wolf within vr forum ubisoft'' into google.

Seeing how difficult it is to just find this forum, I really, REALLY doubt any developers or many readers have been here. We need a way to get in contact with them because right now it just feels a little empty and unloved.

Sorry to see you were having trouble locating the forums. On the link you provided, you can locate this forurm by visiting "Ubisoft VR". It's the 15th slot there on the main page. :)

We read these forums quite often and we've been checking out feedback provided here, from Twitter, and from Reddit. So feel free to keep sharing your thoughts with us!

Foodrage117
01-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Hi ! I am so happy you guys made this game, I was just wandering if you're gonna add more roles after you fix all the bugs
And I have a little suggestion about waiting time before game : Put The Telephone game. I triy it yesterday and everybody had so much fun.
Also just an idea that I want to say : make a Town that the players can visit and interact with other players and mini-games .

Thank you for reading my suggestion

Have a nice day! :D

Foodrage117

NozXT
01-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Sorry to see you were having trouble locating the forums. On the link you provided, you can locate this forurm by visiting "Ubisoft VR". It's the 15th slot there on the main page. :)

We read these forums quite often and we've been checking out feedback provided here, from Twitter, and from Reddit. So feel free to keep sharing your thoughts with us!

Glad to see it was fixed. Thank you .

UbiSkyBear
02-09-2017, 05:46 PM
I was just wandering if you're gonna add more roles?

There are currently no plans on the board for a content update, but this is dependent on interest. Definitely keep sharing your excitement and interest and we'll make sure to pass the feedback along!

Xaenith74
03-01-2017, 10:59 AM
There is a bug that surfaces when someone in the group has a really long name. Not long by number of characters but too long to be displayed on the vote ballot.
One example is a user with name M_a_j_i_c_a_L while only 13 characters long it screws up the displayed name for everybody in the voting round and you rarely see the correct name of the player you vote for.
Sometimes I get only an L on the ballot, sometimes even my own name. The work around is to make sure you look at the person to vote for and lock the vote with the X button, but as a saint you wouldn't want to be too obvious with the vote and people tend to claim their vote was for another person in games with really long player names.