PDA

View Full Version : Duel mode a 3D fightgame?

el_CHINOCUDEIRO
12-21-2016, 01:20 PM
I am soo surprised when I watch some battles of skilled players in YT of For Honor, I thought it was going to be a hackīslash game, or maybe a strategy game with some kind of action... BUT, this art of battle mechanics reminds me a 3D fightgame. parrys, mindgame, unblockables, combos.... I am a player of this games so at first , honestly, I didnīt pay attention to this game.
But now it reminds me so kind of DOA(deadoralive) where the triangle system works: strikes beats throws, blocks beat strikes and thorws beats blocks.
What do you think?
Also, in 2vs2 mode , the teanmate and the strategy makes for honor even more interesting as a fightgame.
4vs4 and perks makes this game less "fightgame",
Dominion mode perhaps for me is the less interesting mode

P.D: Now I want a key to play the beta :rolleyes:
P.D: Sorry for my english, ,itīs not my language

Dark-Thomy
12-23-2016, 10:22 AM
I always say that this game looks more like Super smash than tekken !

The controls are basics and the same for all, but when mastering the little specificities of a character you can do great things !
Plus, of course, it's all about mindgame !
And when truly trained you can even win your 1vs2 battles !

ShugokiShark
12-23-2016, 10:35 AM
And eventually 1v3 but 1v4 is nearly impossible

el_CHINOCUDEIRO
12-23-2016, 10:57 AM
So....can we have the frame data of the moveset?
It would be super usefull ;)

TCTF_SWAT
01-01-2017, 02:15 AM
I see FH as a combo of a TPS moba (like paragon) and a fighting game (both 3d and 2d). Which I like fighters so I should feel right at home here. And it feels like paragon (before monolith). As for fighters it feels kinda like KI since breakers stop combos and combos in FH don't last really long by design.

ReyusD
01-26-2017, 02:17 PM
its 100% a 3d beat em up with melee weapons

but your triangle system doesnt work because blocks do no damage and throws only when combined with the environment.

noone till now was able to create a 3d game where you can duel properly with melee weapons

MaxPain_
01-26-2017, 08:46 PM
its a 3d rip off of mortal combat aimed at console users as keyboard mouse combo will be virtually impossible against game pad users.