PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Ambient Music Question

Frank9182011
12-20-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm currently doing my first replay of Brotherhood in several years through the Ezio Collection.

Like many of you, I have fond memories of listening to the tracks "Rome Countryside" and "City of Rome" while wandering around doing random tasks.

So far, in my replay (I'm on sequence 5 or 6), I haven't come across either of these tracks and am fairly bummed out. What am I missing? Is there something going on with the Ezio Collection port, or am I just not in the right areas of the map? Does the ambient music change after a certain sequence or if you liberate areas from Borgia towers? I feel like I'm getting the same tracks everywhere: the wind chimes track in the country, and the more dramatic vocal one in the city. Haven't heard "Echoes of Roman Ruins," either. It's weird! Just wondering how to find those old tracks I'm so nostalgic for in the game.

Anyone have any insight?

SixKeys
12-20-2016, 07:20 PM
"City of Rome" doesn't start to appear until you've done some significant renovations in any of Rome's districts. As you renovate more buildings, eventually the track will spread to all districts (except one, I forget the name, but it's the poor district where the Banker assassination happens).

Not sure why you haven't run into "Rome Countryside", though. That could be a glitch as I don't think there are any special conditions related to it as with "City of Rome". "Echoes of Roman Ruins" normally makes its first appearance as soon as you discover the Colosseum. It should also play in one or two of the Romulus lairs when you discover the treasure.

Sorrosyss
12-20-2016, 07:59 PM
There is definitely an issue with the music in my view. Last night I had the same track playing twice a half second apart, leaving a horrific echo. Reloaded the game to solve it, but yeh... never ran into this on the PS3 version.

Frank9182011
12-20-2016, 08:37 PM
"City of Rome" doesn't start to appear until you've done some significant renovations in any of Rome's districts. As you renovate more buildings, eventually the track will spread to all districts (except one, I forget the name, but it's the poor district where the Banker assassination happens).

Not sure why you haven't run into "Rome Countryside", though. That could be a glitch as I don't think there are any special conditions related to it as with "City of Rome". "Echoes of Roman Ruins" normally makes its first appearance as soon as you discover the Colosseum. It should also play in one or two of the Romulus lairs when you discover the treasure.

That's interesting - didn't know certain songs had special conditions attached to them. Maybe "Rome Countryside" requires a certain renovation level before playing in the countryside? Makes sense that something similar would happen as with the city.

I can't find any guides online or posts on Reddit or anywhere else laying this stuff out. Is there anywhere to find this information?

SixKeys
12-21-2016, 11:27 AM
I can't find any guides online or posts on Reddit or anywhere else laying this stuff out. Is there anywhere to find this information?

Probably not, I've just played the game (my favorite) so many times that I tend to remember this stuff.

RobertMcSassin
12-22-2016, 05:36 AM
There is definitely an issue with the music in my view. Last night I had the same track playing twice a half second apart, leaving a horrific echo. Reloaded the game to solve it, but yeh... never ran into this on the PS3 version.

The viewpoint music is a bit strange...Either it plays twice, but close together, so you get a really weird effect...Or it's once but with a huge amount of reverb...I can't work it out...Sounds odd anyways...

I'd never really given the music a thought - other than the enjoyment of it - until this playthrough...Given the trouble I had during ACII, with the viewpoint-synching taking out its ambient musics until it was reloaded, I was wondering if I was more sensitive, somehow...

I noticed the oddness with that first viewpoint, and then running over the Pantheon, there was definitely something really strange with the reverb as I ran past the opening in the roof...trying to give the illusion of hugeness inside I suppose...for some reason it blankets the music too, which makes everything really strange...

It makes sense that specific musics are tied to specific conditions...The Borgia Theme - my least liked bit of music in Jesper Kyd's time - constantly playing before you clear them from the Centro area, and whatever music it is before you clear/buy up much of the countryside and are rewarded with that lovely countryside music...

But yeah...Strangely enough, I'd never thought about it before...And for a time, Brotherhood was my fave too...

But hey, at least these things/issues are changing the way we play (there was an issue with the lack of courtesans in Florence for much of my ACII playthrough) or making us think about/notice the sound/music more than ever before... :D ...Probably a good thing, no?... :D ...