PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper

Coma_Cola
12-19-2016, 11:02 PM
This character is pretty balanced in all aspects but her Bleed attack. This move is entirely to easy to spam, her grapple is so quick its super difficult to time the counter correctly to prevent the bleed attack. The bleed attack itself does WAAAAYYYYYYY to much damage. It can easily drain a player of 1/3 of their health. After the attack is completed the victim player is still stunned for another moment which is easily enough time for the peacekeeper to repeat the grapple and bleed attack again. All these come together to allow the peacekeeper to bleed a character to death with only 3-4 of these attacks and plenty of stamina to spare. This bleed attacks needs to be turned into a special attack altogether and have a chance to block it because as of right now its absurd.

Yggdrasil_67
12-19-2016, 11:30 PM
The bleed attack isn't that much of a problem I think, maybe make it so it can't kill could help. The way I see it it's the guard break counter/repel that is way too hard to do. Not only that, but the p2p system makes it even harder to pull off and I often got grabbed while attacking. If the timing for guard break counters allowed to repel by doing it slightly earlier, I don't think it would be that much of a problem.
But still, it does do quite a lot of damage.

Comrade_Stekov
12-19-2016, 11:32 PM
yep i see many peace keeper player spam this attack like they dont have another attack method. Same problem as nobushi

Coma_Cola
12-19-2016, 11:39 PM
The bleed attack isn't that much of a problem I think, maybe make it so it can't kill could help. The way I see it it's the guard break counter/repel that is way too hard to do. Not only that, but the p2p system makes it even harder to pull off and I often got grabbed while attacking. If the timing for guard break counters allowed to repel by doing it slightly earlier, I don't think it would be that much of a problem.
But still, it does do quite a lot of damage.

What id like to really see is the damage from the bleed attack to be toned down, or add in the ability for the victim to break away from hit by hitting the grapple button while she is doing the attack to limit the amount of stabs she gets in.

SpazzMaticuz
12-19-2016, 11:58 PM
This character is pretty balanced in all aspects but her Bleed attack. This move is entirely to easy to spam, her grapple is so quick its super difficult to time the counter correctly to prevent the bleed attack. The bleed attack itself does WAAAAYYYYYYY to much damage. It can easily drain a player of 1/3 of their health. After the attack is completed the victim player is still stunned for another moment which is easily enough time for the peacekeeper to repeat the grapple and bleed attack again. All these come together to allow the peacekeeper to bleed a character to death with only 3-4 of these attacks and plenty of stamina to spare. This bleed attacks needs to be turned into a special attack altogether and have a chance to block it because as of right now its absurd.

Hey dude, if you think its absurd, think of lawbringers and the big one in the samurai's faction. Those clumsy guys have a serious problem dealing with peacekeepers and valkyries. Its more like a death sentence instead of a challenge.

Comrade_Stekov
12-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Hey dude, if you think its absurd, think of lawbringers and the big one in the samurai's faction. Those clumsy guys have a serious problem dealing with peacekeepers and valkyries. Its more like a death sentence instead of a challenge.

yeah i know what are you talking about because i main shugoki and i got targeted by the assassins and hybrid type enemy. Vanguard type and tank is not problem to me

waraidako
12-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Probably easily fixable by telegraphing it more so the enemy gets a chance to dodge away, even if it's not blockable.

SpazzMaticuz
12-20-2016, 04:12 PM
yeah i know what are you talking about because i main shugoki and i got targeted by the assassins and hybrid type enemy. Vanguard type and tank is not problem to me

Yeah dude! Every time I came across one peacekeeper I usualy ended up in pieces. In first technical test I remember fighting off vanguards easily (I couldn't out run them because of run+strongstrike [vanguards dash at their victims] so I simply turned around and fought them off usualy). Now I had to run and roll like its Darksouls but that's not all, in Darksouls you had that gap between boss striking and here peacekeepers just spam their dash BLOODY FORCING the combat. The thing is after I ran out of stamina with yet 4 cuts on my back! I had to deal with this fast creature in the hood. I always struggle with parrying those insta-like slices and dodges they perform while it takes me 2 seconds to swing my halberd. I swear from all that fun i've had playing this game I must admit that playing Heavy vs Light was not pleasant at all. It was a torture. Fights like those we're changing my mood 180 degrees all the time so that I couldn't enjoy the game anymore. This game never angered me untill I had a "chance" to test my test my nerves versus that disappointment wielding two daggers.
*REACHES FOR DIET COKE AND SPITS IT ALL OVER HIS MONITOR*
https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

Comrade_Stekov
01-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Yeah dude! Every time I came across one peacekeeper I usualy ended up in pieces. In first technical test I remember fighting off vanguards easily (I couldn't out run them because of run+strongstrike [vanguards dash at their victims] so I simply turned around and fought them off usualy). Now I had to run and roll like its Darksouls but that's not all, in Darksouls you had that gap between boss striking and here peacekeepers just spam their dash BLOODY FORCING the combat. The thing is after I ran out of stamina with yet 4 cuts on my back! I had to deal with this fast creature in the hood. I always struggle with parrying those insta-like slices and dodges they perform while it takes me 2 seconds to swing my halberd. I swear from all that fun i've had playing this game I must admit that playing Heavy vs Light was not pleasant at all. It was a torture. Fights like those we're changing my mood 180 degrees all the time so that I couldn't enjoy the game anymore. This game never angered me untill I had a "chance" to test my test my nerves versus that disappointment wielding two daggers.
*REACHES FOR DIET COKE AND SPITS IT ALL OVER HIS MONITOR*
https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

not to mention sometimes when you duel you about to win the duel the CHAOSMAKER (I prefer calling peacekeeper that) suddenly shows up on your back and stab your kidney violently and you lose the duel. i remember i only win ONCE againt peacekeeper just because environment kill if i keep dueling with her i lose for sure (also demon emberance did a lot of help to win againts this type of enemy) and still i have same problem as Nobushi player who keep spam the bleed attack. and in the end what you say its true the Heavy tank player is punished by assassins and hybrid type of enemy

CaptainPwnet
01-05-2017, 01:59 AM
What id like to really see is the damage from the bleed attack to be toned down, or add in the ability for the victim to break away from hit by hitting the grapple button while she is doing the attack to limit the amount of stabs she gets in.

You have 3 chances to tech the grab and stab lol. It really isn't that bad. Yes that's right this is the git gud post. But yeah you can tech on the guard break, and you can also time a tech on each stab except the last. TBH against better players you are better off just doing guard break>heavy. It's pretty easy to tech the stabs.

If you want to know what the real problem is the fact that the Peacekeeper can literally just bleed you and back out very quickly so a lot of classes can't really catch her as they slowly bleed to death. But this takes quite a long time, despite what people seem to think about how much damage bleed does. Although peacekeeper's bleed does do a fair bit more damage than Nobushi's.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-05-2017, 07:29 PM
the family has its black sheep.