PDA

View Full Version : Collectables

pmorales50
12-18-2016, 05:15 PM
I just wanted to start off by saying I am a big Assassins Creed fan. I have played every game at least twice except for Syndicate. I am just getting into the Chronicles now. I am also a big collector. I have most of the figures that come with the special edition games, Art books, McFarlane figures, Lithographs, and Steelbooks. Now this is what I am on here to talk about. I am a PC user and all my games are in PC. Now I collect the Steelbooks and they have all been great up until Unity and Syndicate. Both of these games had 4 or 5 DVDs for the install but there are no Steelbooks to hold these in. You make these G2 ( smaller ) steelbooks that are fine if you buy Xbox or PlayStation games because they have 1 Disc in them. How about making some G1 Steelbooks that hold the PC version of the games. This is not a deal breaker for me but it doesn't seem fair either for us PC users. Just a thought for Ubisoft for there next game. From what I am hearing I am pretty sure the next game will have multiple disc for installation also. Please let me know people if you agree here or not. Thanks to all.

andynaruto10
12-18-2016, 06:03 PM
When games will have 100 GB, 150GB, then what? They'll make 13 DVDs? At some point, they have to go to BluRay discs for PC too. At this moment the game developers know that very few people have BluRay Readers/Writers. Some don't even have DVD-RW anymore. And I don't think games will be only Digital Download. As they occupy more and more space, it'll take a very long time to download. And not everyone has a fast internet speed. Some even have a limited traffic.

But then again, who plays games that have over 40 GB? Obviously, the gamers. And if they have money for a powerful PC, they'll have money for a BD-RW too. So I guess that's the future.

strigoi1958
12-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Andynaruto10 is right, games are becoming bigger. Unity was 50GB plus DLC which is amazingly small considering the size and detail. GTA V is 60+ and I think X Plane-9 is over 70GB C.O.D. Ghosts SP and Multiplayer exceed 70GB (maybe 80 GB). I had a blu-ray writer on my last pc and used it once. I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in years and maybe that is where most games are bought now, but I know there are a lot of fans who do not get a good enough internet service to be able to download games as an option so for that reason and limited edition game reasons there will always be disks. But as Andy said not many have Blu Ray (not even me now, my DVD-RW has been used once in 13 months to install some camera software I could have downloaded) but as Blu ray sales increase I think it is logical to start selling games on blu-ray.

I'm surprised some of the big game stores do not sell digitally.... take in a large USB stick and they put the data on the the stick and give you an activation code.

pmorales50
12-19-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah you guys are right but I dont ever think PC playing will stop especially when you can build a PC more powerful than the consoles. Also there are games built for PC first or only for PC. All I am saying is that for collectors like me and all out there they need to make some of there items to curtail to the PC audience. It is only fare weather we download or buy the game itself.

strigoi1958
12-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Well it is a good idea to make a bigger steelbook to hold the extra disks... it's only fair, PC users, (especially fans who really spend a lot of money) should have the same benefits as console users.:)