PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Platform?

AdverseEffects
12-17-2016, 11:48 PM
An idea and I've seen it work. Will you all be allowing the game to cross platforms? Such as allow those playing on the consoles to also play with those on PC and visa versa? FFXIV does it rather well and I've heard there are other games who are cross-platform as well. It may be a good idea considering it opens a lot of options for larger servers with more players than simply having one of the Platforms dying off due to lack of players they can interact with.

ILoveVikingMen
12-19-2016, 12:59 AM
I would love to see this as well, even if it's just PS4+PC. The skill differences between a gamepad and mouse+keyboard in this kind of game aren't that severe.

waraidako
12-19-2016, 02:04 AM
Won't happen. Reason being it's released on all 3 platforms.

First and foremost, it's a competitive game, and PC has an advantage with 60fps. But even without that, PS4/Xbone cross platform is never going to happen, so it would be either of the two and PC. And no matter which one you'd go with, PS4/PC or Xbone/PC it would kill whichever platform wasn't picked. Say they go with PS4/PC, and a separate version for Xbone. How would the Xbone version not be dead on arrival? The vast majority of the userbase would be on PS4/PC, and thus the other version wouldn't be relevant.

There's a reason all of the cross-plat games out there skip the third console entirely. If you're going cross-platform, then your main advantage is centralising your entire playerbase in one place. Having that third platform negates that. Better to just not release for that, and force everyone to play in the same combined community if you're doing that.