PDA

View Full Version : Question for other Trackir users

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 03:29 AM
I've noticed that when you play a track after using tir and switch manual panning on, that when you switch to external view the pilot's view is fixed forward. I know this may be stating the obvious but if you considered the implementation of tir in FB with the enhanced mode I would have hoped the pilots model would 'keep' his head movements when 'manaully' panning when in external view, so my question is actually two:

1. Do you notice the same on your setup? If not then I've a problem with mine, if so it might mean that 'feature' is not in the game.

2. If it is not a feature in the game do you think it would be a nice 'touch'?

If it is'nt in the game I can think of a few possible reasons from a technical point as to why that might be, but if it's not a problem from a programing point of view I think it would be a nice bonus when you playback a mission, it might also be benefical, it could help you improve your skills because of being able to tell 'where you were looking at, at the time'; apart from that I think it would just look good.

Well what do you think?...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rook/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 03:29 AM
I've noticed that when you play a track after using tir and switch manual panning on, that when you switch to external view the pilot's view is fixed forward. I know this may be stating the obvious but if you considered the implementation of tir in FB with the enhanced mode I would have hoped the pilots model would 'keep' his head movements when 'manaully' panning when in external view, so my question is actually two:

1. Do you notice the same on your setup? If not then I've a problem with mine, if so it might mean that 'feature' is not in the game.

2. If it is not a feature in the game do you think it would be a nice 'touch'?

If it is'nt in the game I can think of a few possible reasons from a technical point as to why that might be, but if it's not a problem from a programing point of view I think it would be a nice bonus when you playback a mission, it might also be benefical, it could help you improve your skills because of being able to tell 'where you were looking at, at the time'; apart from that I think it would just look good.

Well what do you think?...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rook/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 03:34 AM
Yep that normal!

Yep it would be a nice additions I was dissappointed long ago about it in IL2.

I would like to be able to pull up next to some one and look at them and them look back give a nod and a hand gesture to be freindly and the big up yours would be cool too. LOL

Also since the track records your head position as it looks in fixed mode, I would think it wouldn't take much to make it track it in ouside veiw aswell. I'm sure it would ad some size to the file but I wouldn't care. And if its a lot of work to make it happen, I'm sorry but please nicely I ask please.

<Center>http://www.geocities.com/mad_squadron/index.html
<Center>http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADeAnwUNsF!xmzi74V7fM0zsNZLrdqP6EJfhM3yD3f!sLEO4 CdvQZqaQWugce7lDgv!bcKdQTASFYHmbE1x5F2s6VkEKqZOH67 8VupJ4y0/Toad's.jpg?dc=4675413127089644669
</a>
<Center>
&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDdAo4Ue9rMgrGRpm67Ij*O8isG1PQXDYqaZ*pZOuenHzj31 K61WxrXQmZKj6P0FGhxrm*4FYgMBI6aoAIC6oqXGW0NPjerG5o II1eYIkg/tranflag.gif?dc=4675417702733748611';var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>
&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#666600";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#660000";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#003300";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#2B3038";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

Message Edited on 06/25/0309:36PM by MAD_TOAD

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 04:00 AM
I always liked the way in CS when my teamate and i are pinned down going over our attack plan and his mouth moves when he talks.
Little details are always appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 04:09 PM
There is a way to have your pilot look out the side of your window - I've seen movies where this happens. A lot of times if you follow an enemy plane (Ctrl-F2) his head will move along with whatever plane he is tracking.

Someone mentioned that all you have to do is Padlock someone and then when you switch to external your pilot's head will be turned - but I've never been able to get it to work.

Maybe someone can help out here....

<center> http://www.autumnhullphoto.com/fbsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
I want to flip the bird. For those times when your both out of ammo..;D

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/hartm1-2.jpg