PDA

View Full Version : General ideas for additions to the game

CallmeZyno
12-17-2016, 04:55 AM
This forum post I hope will be a away we can talk about Ideas and hopeful expand on the core game at the moment for future updates or more release content (highly unlikely).

I think for future additions that there should be instead of just more classes for the original 3 races there should be a few more races later on based on other nations like the Chinese or other nations.

I hope this will spark some discussions and maybe be seen by developers. Please just be respectful and open to these additions.

Killerbrian26
12-17-2016, 05:26 AM
I don't quite know what Ubisoft plans for DLC. The thing is, if they create a new faction, like the Chinese in this case, for them to be complete and on par with the other factions, they would have to make 4 classes. These classes would all have to be balanced with every other class in the game while also providing a unique style of gameplay, otherwise they are irrelevant to the game becoming better over time. If they were to simply add new characters to factions, like a new vanguard or assassin, that character has to be on an equal status with their counterparts that were already in the game or they make one of the two irrelevant (making one objectively worse or better at something). If they were to add new class types, like a new group (vanguards, assassins, tanks and hybrids are the existing ones already), Ubisoft would have to get incredibly creative to think of a new type that isn't already covered by the others, and then they would have to do that 3 times, if they want to add a new class to each currently existing faction, if they plan on keeping numbers the same. One of the main issues that any of these have to overcome is being game-balanced. Making sure the game stays balanced is a feat of itself because as overtime Ubisoft makes new heroes, these new heroes have to be competitive with all the others which tends to end up in power creep over classes. Honestly, I feel like I made this out to be harder than it is, but I still think Ubisoft must tread carefully when making new heroes, which is something I think they will do at some point to help keep the game going.

What I think the main thing that will come out is a ton of cosmetics. You can already see them doing this with the pre-order bonus and faction war reward. While yes I understand this is Ubisoft not wanting to give people a day 1 advantage over others, the point still stands. It would take an enormous amount of time and effort to run out of cosmetics to implement and the thing about them is that they don't mean anything towards game-balance. Adding in more and more doesn't change how the game is played as well as it becomes an easy way to earn a bunch of free money through micro-transactions that I do think the game will have, if not on release, then after when such things are added.

ElPeblo
12-17-2016, 05:59 PM

What I think the main thing that will come out is a ton of cosmetics. You can already see them doing this with the pre-order bonus and faction war reward. While yes I understand this is Ubisoft not wanting to give people a day 1 advantage over others, the point still stands. It would take an enormous amount of time and effort to run out of cosmetics to implement and the thing about them is that they don't mean anything towards game-balance. Adding in more and more doesn't change how the game is played as well as it becomes an easy way to earn a bunch of free money through micro-transactions that I do think the game will have, if not on release, then after when such things are added.

I dont think so. Just imagine an indirect weapons implement such bows or javelins: this sould be a huge change for the strategy in a match. And the free money its just matter of time...

Killerbrian26
12-19-2016, 07:38 PM
I dont think so. Just imagine an indirect weapons implement such bows or javelins: this sould be a huge change for the strategy in a match. And the free money its just matter of time...

There already are some of these things you speak of are already in the game as feats. If they haven't changed it from the alpha i played in September, bows were in use by the orochi class as feats, along with kunai and the berserker class had a throwing axe. Ubisoft has already said on many occasions that they have absolutely no intentions of making a class that is focused on ranged combat as it defeats the purpose of the combat system they have made. While in the future there may be more classes with ranged feats, I am certain there will be no ranged classes.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-20-2016, 08:00 AM
I suggest a new viking class for DLC. The "Thunderer" (for example?:P), a big guy with the huge hammer. I know that 1 big guy is exist already, but what about the second one? Don't know about special abilities though.

Russerov
12-20-2016, 11:01 AM
I played the game last weekend in the technical test and have noticed how much alike the game is to other free moba's. I suggest to leave the multiplayer free to play with microtransactions to let for honor compete with other moba's and sell the single player for 60 bucks. I think this would be very positive for the game, since there are already microtransactions. If for honor multiplayer will be free it will guarantee busy servers.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-20-2016, 12:42 PM
I played the game last weekend in the technical test and have noticed how much alike the game is to other free moba's. I suggest to leave the multiplayer free to play with microtransactions to let for honor compete with other moba's and sell the single player for 60 bucks. I think this would be very positive for the game, since there are already microtransactions. If for honor multiplayer will be free it will guarantee busy servers.

lol. xD