PDA

View Full Version : Darby Please! I beg you!

Mr.Black24
12-17-2016, 04:22 AM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/916e51bb80aa538addaf0bffe1290d5d/tumblr_oib1o0sIjF1tvoq00o1_1280.jpg

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/809786493485121536

Its been 4 years after Altair had his return and closure in Revelations alongside Ezio. Four years later after Connor's first game and now here we are.

Look, us Connor fans had been dunked on for so long, from fake news and brushed under the rug of any mention of him other than in Rogue, can we at least have this please. Please. Plus its a chance to capture new fans and appeal for him like how we did for Ezio. He done a great job for doing Revelations AND writing up grandpa Edward's story and development, Darby writing for Connor will be amazing!

Please, can we have this?

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Just saw this and I wanna get excited to, but if it does get confirmed, we won't get the product for a while.

But as long as Mr Darby is not leading us on, I'll wait longer if I must. :)

And of course, take everything with a grain of salt.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-17-2016, 05:00 AM
I would be happy with a game or a book.
1807 would put connor in his early 50s and we know his story doesnt end well from easter eggs within past games.
I would love to experience how it ends whatever it is...
Movie
Game
Book
id be happy

ERICATHERINE
12-17-2016, 05:44 AM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/916e51bb80aa538addaf0bffe1290d5d/tumblr_oib1o0sIjF1tvoq00o1_1280.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Not only would it be a Connor sequel, but it would be in my country. Me want this.

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/809786493485121536

Its been 4 years after Altair had his return and closure in Revelations alongside Ezio. Four years later after Connor's first game and now here we are.

Look, us Connor fans had been dunked on for so long, from fake news and brushed under the rug of any mention of him other than in Rogue, can we at least have this please. Please. Plus its a chance to capture new fans and appeal for him like how we did for Ezio. He done a great job for doing Revelations AND writing up grandpa Edward's story and development, Darby writing for Connor will be amazing!

Please, can we have this?

This could be SO GREAT. I always have wanted more of Connor. I wonder if, in this project, we could get an epic death battle with Connor facing off against Shay. It would be great to know what happenned to other characters as well and god know they are many. There is Arno and Aveline ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

... but many people seems to forget about all (or at least part) of the others.

From ac liberation hd, there is Leblanc. He is more or less a tactician among the Assassins, but an Assassin nonetheless. After all Green from ac syndicate was about the same thing and he took part in the fight against Starrick anyway.

From ac rogue, there is that admiral which we had to control the ship. There is also Gist and at least one other Templar which I don't remember the name but surely survived after rogue.

From black flag's Aveline dlc, there is that recruit Connor wanted which I don't remember if she was called Prudence or Patience.

From acinitiates.com, there is at least Eseosa (Adewale's grand son) which Connor recruited.

From ac iii, I think we can forget the Homestead characters, if we would be in Ontario, but who knows. Maybe we could see one or more of them as a cameo in a video like Charles Lee for rogue. There is also the 6 recruits Connor got in that game and maybe Faulkner would miraculously, still be alive.

That is if I don't forget anyone. Like I already said in some threads, there is an enormous amont of characters, already made, that could be in a Connor sequel. Their backstory are already all made. All that is left is to put them togeter.

There is also some things that could be included like the mysterious disapearence of the manor, the Aquila and the Morrigan. Connor and Shay could even fight in a Shay vs Adewale sort of fight, where the both of them could start fight, Templar ship against Assassin ship and when Connor win, he would fight Shay.

Mr.Black24
12-17-2016, 06:34 AM
From ac liberation hd, there is Leblanc. He is more or less a tactician among the Assassins, but an Assassin nonetheless. After all Green from ac syndicate was about the same thing and he took part in the fight against Starrick anyway.

From ac rogue, there is that admiral which we had to control the ship. There is also Gist and at least one other Templar which I don't remember the name but surely survived after rogue.

From black flag's Aveline dlc, there is that recruit Connor wanted which I don't remember if she was called Prudence or Patience.

From acinitiates.com, there is at least Eseosa (Adewale's grand son) which Connor recruited.

From ac iii, I think we can forget the Homestead characters, if we would be in Ontario, but who knows. Maybe we could see one or more of them as a cameo in a video like Charles Lee for rogue. There is also the 6 recruits Connor got in that game and maybe Faulkner would miraculously, still be alive.

That is if I don't forget anyone. Like I already said in some threads, there is an enormous amont of characters, already made, that could be in a Connor sequel. Their backstory are already all made. All that is left is to put them togeter.

There is also some things that could be included like the mysterious disapearence of the manor, the Aquila and the Morrigan. Connor and Shay could even fight in a Shay vs Adewale sort of fight, where the both of them could start fight, Templar ship against Assassin ship and when Connor win, he would fight Shay.

Well he did say he had this planned out along time ago and now with new info present, perhaps he will rewrite a new draft or some new edits to have them included? Since books take a good chunk of time to be written and published, I think he will take the chance to update his draft with the new lore from Liberation, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, and the Initiates website. Its too early to tell, especially if it will even be in book form. Perhaps an animated movie or something. I honestly don't know but I will patiently wait and see what comes next!

Avenger815
12-17-2016, 08:46 AM
I could imagine Connor by that time would likely be a Revelations Ezio-esque established Assassin (Mentor?) and would likely try to establish more connections outside of the colonies.

It would be interesting for a novel to see how much his character has developed, and to tie up other loose-ends such as the disappearance of the Homestead, or the conspiracy involving him & his family.

Not getting my hopes up, but it was nice of Darby to bring this subject to light.

ERICATHERINE
12-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Perhaps an animated movie or something.

Yea, why not. I'm not against an animated movie, if it truly is a movie, instead of just a short. It could even make a death battle of Shay vs Connor, way better than just battling by ourself and using counterkill all the time. Not to mention that when people do that, they sometimes miss the two combatant's conversation. In a movie, it wouldn't happen, since the people making would most probably want the fight to finish AFTER the conversation is done.

The only prblem I would see with such a movie, would be it's duration. A movie would be way less longer than the time we would pass, playing the same story, based on the ac movie which, from what I readed on it's thread of this forum, will have a duration of about 1 hour. A game "movie" on youtube generally have a duration of more than 2 hours and a half. I even saw there is an ac 3 "movie" with a duration of mor than 6 hours. Also, in each ac games "movie" there is tons of contents that isn't shown. In the md, the only things we see, WHEN we see them, are generally the cutscene that are obligatory, so no email or collectibles. As for the past days, we generally only see main missions and cutscenes that are considered by the games as main "missions". Everything else is normally just not shown. So, that the only problem I have with a movie. I feel like I wouldn't get as much as I'm used to in it a main ac title which, for me, mean it better be good or I will most probably feel like it isn't worth buying. That's without saying that I would still watch it, but most probably on youtube, but that is if I don't think it is good, which hasn't happenned yet on ac video.

I guess the ac movie will make me decide if I'll think an ac movie is worth it or not. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
12-17-2016, 09:01 AM
... such as the disappearance of the Homestead, ...

The homestead didn't disapeared in fact, to this day, it still exist and is called Rockport or something like that. In the database of ac iii, it's said that the manor (so, only it) has mysteriously disapeared. ^-^

Mr.Black24
12-18-2016, 06:37 AM
I would be happy with a game or a book.
1807 would put connor in his early 50s and we know his story doesnt end well from easter eggs within past games.
I would love to experience how it ends whatever it is...
Movie
Game
Book
id be happy
For a book, if I had a choice, I would love for it to be an illustrated one like The Journal of Blackbeard. It had amazing art with its writing just as solid, making that book a joy to have in my book shelf! I just hope Ubisoft considers this, seeing that they are branching out on comics, novels, and other media.