PDA

View Full Version : PC controls: pad vs. mouse & keyboard

Belphegorn
12-16-2016, 09:02 AM
Hi,

What is your opinion on PC's XBox Controller vs. Mouse & Keyboard? I would like to know if any of these methods offers an edge over the other. I understand that preference and experience are usually the deciding factors but assuming one is equally skilled in using both the pad and the mouse & keyboard combo which do you think grants better control over the in-game characters?

Thank you.

KidCrypt0
12-16-2016, 10:35 AM
There aren't any distinct factors giving one an advantage over the other. All of my friends use controllers and I don't play console games or use controllers at all. I have no issues doing the same moves they do at equal speed. I personally think you answered your own question, it's all about preference and experience with the controls and game mechanics. The only difference I would be concerned about is the learning curve for using a mouse/keyboard. You don't normally play these types of games on PC let alone with a keyboard/mouse so it's out of everyone's comfort zone. It took me a while to train my mouse hand to move appropriately at the required times to block while moving with the keyboard and trying to pay attention to your enemies movements. I think the control set up for keyboard/mouse is done superb.