PDA

View Full Version : Always online = no buy

Traktor Jens T
12-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Seriously, why piss of your entire fan base using this well known method?

Joe_Corleone
12-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Been looking forward to this game since it's announcement. Always online and no split screen doesn't sway me from buying the game at all. Just saying it's not the entire fan base.

DBLxxShotz
12-16-2016, 01:09 AM
Seriously, why piss of your entire fan base using this well known method?

I have to say its quite disappointing to hear its online only.

Zombiespire
12-16-2016, 06:31 AM
It's not online only? The servers went down yesterday while I was playing and I did singleplayer practice uninterrupted for hours. Where is this idea that it's "online only" coming from?

ShadowTheTyrant
12-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Probably because its an multiplayer game and because always online is common now and much needed.

KidCrypt0
12-16-2016, 10:45 AM
I see these posts pop up nonstop, why don't you guys use the search function and post under the same thread instead of individually making your own about the same topic. If you want to be taken seriously, I would also refrain from using phrases like "your entire fan base" as if you speak for all of us collectively. This game was designed as a multiplayer online game if that is honestly an issue for you, I don't know what to say. Don't buy the game? People that enjoy the game how it was designed to be played will pay money to enjoy it.

I've only ever played games that are online. What is the difference? What are the possible issues that come about from having the game being always online? So the game has maintenance or your internet goes out and you can't play 4 honor until the problem is resolved... big deal, grow up, go do something else until its fixed. How can you give an ultimatum to a company that unless they cater to what YOU want, you're going to boycott their game. Sounds very entitled and snobby to me.

Honorhound01
12-16-2016, 05:48 PM
It's not online only? The servers went down yesterday while I was playing and I did singleplayer practice uninterrupted for hours. Where is this idea that it's "online only" coming from?

Several game news sites have reported that For Honor will require an internet connection.

DerHerbman
12-16-2016, 08:19 PM
I see these posts pop up nonstop, why don't you guys use the search function and post under the same thread instead of individually making your own about the same topic.

Itīs because the Forum is not moderated! Filled with spam and multiple topics. So people even if they wanted to hold a structure can easily oversee existing topics.

Btw: If you want to be taken seriously, I would also refrain from using phrases like "grow up"

Thats interesting. That would mean that it would be possible! But they decide to make it the other way around in the final product!

Traktor Jens T
12-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Piracy doesn`t excist on consoles. They want to piss of everyone just because they want to protect their PC version with a bad single player campaign? It takes 3-4 months to crack Denuvo on PC anyways.

jeannaq
12-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Yea, I think its a rather stupid decision to keep even the campaign connected. Considering all the flak games like The Crew and The Division got for doing the same thing. Then again it's Ubisoft, it's hard to believe that they care what the fans want.

dsxy-
12-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Don't care about fans? The DLC model they have chosen says otherwise.

Some of you need to stop being such whingy little *****es, it is what is it, deal with it.

DBLxxShotz
12-17-2016, 11:07 PM
So basically if you buy this game on disc youll be paying 60 bucks for a really nice cup coaster. I was waiting for news on this and i wont be buying if this remains the case. A shame. A real shame.

DBLxxShotz
12-17-2016, 11:18 PM
I see these posts pop up nonstop, why don't you guys use the search function and post under the same thread instead of individually making your own about the same topic. If you want to be taken seriously, I would also refrain from using phrases like "your entire fan base" as if you speak for all of us collectively. This game was designed as a multiplayer online game if that is honestly an issue for you, I don't know what to say. Don't buy the game? People that enjoy the game how it was designed to be played will pay money to enjoy it.

I've only ever played games that are online. What is the difference? What are the possible issues that come about from having the game being always online? So the game has maintenance or your internet goes out and you can't play 4 honor until the problem is resolved... big deal, grow up, go do something else until its fixed. How can you give an ultimatum to a company that unless they cater to what YOU want, you're going to boycott their game. Sounds very entitled and snobby to me.

Youre pretty narrow minded and selfish because of course its all about you. As long as you get to play to hell with the rest. I hate to break it to you but there are people that live in areas where internet services are spotty,servicemen abroad and some people who dont enjoy playing online and should have the right to do so if they spend theyre hard earned money. Sure your on your high horse right now but when you go a couple days without being able to play because of some ddos attack or some nonsense where you cant play offline in the mean time youll be among the first on here crying about not being able to play. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for this game to be playable offline. You have a very narrow minded view and it is actually you who seems to have a lot of growing up to do.

lolbash
12-18-2016, 05:21 AM
Seriously guys ... you dont play For Honor for the singleplayer. I can understand about the no split-screen. I guess the always online is a way to fight piracy
thats really stupid. I hope ubisoft thinks that the privacy prevention is really worth losing sales

Dez_troi_aR
12-18-2016, 05:33 AM

This. Thank you

jeannaq
12-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Well I live out in the middle of no where, with very, very spotty internet, so I don't want my game disconnecting every 5 minutes. Also I do a lot of long distance trucking for my family and I take my Xbox along with me and there is no internet connection out on the road. Or how about if a person spends their hard earned money on a game they should be able to play with when ever the want to, nnot when some developer says so.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-18-2016, 11:57 AM
nowadays i can't imagine gamer who'se not always online while playing and etc. I mean, wtf, people? I live in ******* backwoods of Russia and i have a solid internet connection pretty much all the time. Seriously, complain about online features in 2016?

mkovie20
12-18-2016, 03:11 PM
If your lifestyle doesn't permit you to be connected to the internet when you want to game well then maybe gaming isn't for you. Get over it. Its another form of DRM. oh well. This game wont shine in single player, its about the the MP. If you're buying it to lurk around in single player what are you really doing?

DBLxxShotz
12-18-2016, 11:11 PM
If your lifestyle doesn't permit you to be connected to the internet when you want to game well then maybe gaming isn't for you. Get over it. Its another form of DRM. oh well. This game wont shine in single player, its about the the MP. If you're buying it to lurk around in single player what are you really doing?

Kids.:rolleyes:

KidCrypt0
12-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Youre pretty narrow minded and selfish because of course its all about you. As long as you get to play to hell with the rest. I hate to break it to you but there are people that live in areas where internet services are spotty,servicemen abroad and some people who dont enjoy playing online and should have the right to do so if they spend theyre hard earned money. Sure your on your high horse right now but when you go a couple days without being able to play because of some ddos attack or some nonsense where you cant play offline in the mean time youll be among the first on here crying about not being able to play. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for this game to be playable offline. You have a very narrow minded view and it is actually you who seems to have a lot of growing up to do.

No sir, not narrow minded at all. More like realist. Games are developed in certain ways for TONS of reasons. They're the creators and have a specific view for this specific game, which is to be an online strategic multiplayer game. That is how they want the game to be played and have spent millions of dollars on development to make it that way. It has absolutely nothing to do with me mr. narrowmind because I'm not the one complaining or developing the game. You clearly have no idea how much time, and money it will take to reconstruct the game model to allow offline play at this stage in development. So I think it is you and everyone else who gives ultimatums like "make offline play or I wont buy it" the ones who are selfish and think it's all about you. You're obviously not the audience they're trying to create the game for and appeal to. So stop trying to change the game just for you. They're making a game to appeal to all the people who ONLY want to play online and with other people. I'm sorry to break it to you, but life isn't about making everyone happy. Simple reality is, this game wasn't made for people who want to play offline or single player. End of story. If it's that big of an issue for you. Then move on to the next game. We can't always get what we want, sorry not sorry.

T_Sesh
12-19-2016, 05:41 PM
From what I can tell, the game is always online because everything you do, including the single player, ties to an overall profile in the game. In certain videos of the single player campaign, you can see the players earning Steel, which is the currency that is used for unlocks in the game. Allowing Steel to be gained offline would open the game up to exploits that would potentially render the game economy moot, and I imagine, prevent them from selling Steel for real money (not confirmed as far as I know, but seems likely) as is becoming more common in games. I suppose it might not be too difficult to disable that stuff while offline, but who knows how integral that stuff is - it may not actually be as simple as it sounds.

DBLxxShotz
12-20-2016, 01:02 AM
They're the creators and have a specific view for this specific game, which is to be an online strategic multiplayer game.

So why spend all that time and money on a campaign? This is you trying to pass an opinion as a fact to support your already weak argument. Nice try.

I'm not the one developing the game.

So again you make your first point moot.

[QUOTE=demisedofrice;12126914]You clearly have no idea how much time, and money it will take to reconstruct the game model to allow offline play at this stage in development. [QUOTE/]

Do you? Please enlighten me. Ill wait for you to google a good answer. And by "reconstruct" do you me itd be as difficult as microsoft claimed changes to the dmr plans were just too difficult to fix before launch of the xb1 yet when they got the backlash it seemingly was changed overnight difficult?
[QUOTE=demisedofrice;12126914]So I think it is you and everyone else who gives ultimatums like "make offline play or I wont buy it" the ones who are selfish and think it's all about you.[QUOTE/]

[QUOTE=demisedofrice;12126914]They're making a game to appeal to all the people who ONLY want to play online and with other people.[QUOTE/]
Again, how do you know that? Did you hear that from the developers or is this another one of your strawman arguments to support your crap argument? If this is the case then Ubi Soft would have to be run by a bunch of morons. If you want to sell something the worst thing you can do is limit your target audience. You want to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. If i have a guy working for me with your mindset he`d be fired.

Im so selfish that im on here pushing for offline play although i have access and a pretty good isp. I dont need offline play im looking out for others that do and to a much smaller extent me and my fellow online gamers wholl have nothing but an expensive frisbee when psn or our internet is down. Youre too caught up in the sheep mentality that youll take and do as youre told and like it. Its sheep like you that have allowed the gaming industry to sell us games with content already in the game on release locked behind a wall that we later have to pay to access. Microtransactions and every other way to squeeze every dime they can out of gamers. You are a fool so i dont think you understand what me and people like me are trying to do so let me clue you in in a simple way for you to understand.
Im selling you a car and i let you test drive it. It comes with all the bells and whistles and you love it and are sold on it but before you buy it i tell you that the car only drives on highways and turns off whenever you get on a regular road. Also from time to time and without warning it wont work on highways either but dont worry because it will be temporary so you can do something else for a couple hours while you wait for it to turn back on. So youre going to say "id just buy another car". Sure but you really enjoyed the car and how it handled and you should be able to have such a car without the silly restriction which could absolutely be changed or shoulve never been implemented in the first place.

Free-Fall_
12-20-2016, 05:28 AM

DRM - Thats why the games ALWAYS ONLINE. Not because of the Multiplayer, not because of any other reason to do with servers.

Though the part about growing up, go do something else until It's fixed is a load of BS. **** happens, servers go down, can't play online. No worries! I will just have some fun with against the BOTS- Oh... right... DRM - ALWAYS ONLINE.

Joe_Corleone
12-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Not being a jerk here...I understand that not everyone has great internet or that sometimes you just wanna play offline, or one of the many reasons that you are angry about it, but it's happening. You can be mad and boycott Ubi, never buy For Honor, or never buy another Ubi game, but that's not going to fix anything. For every one person not buying because of this issue there's still ten people that probably don't know or don't care.

Is it shady they announce this two months before release? Yes. Will it deter a small group from buying the game? Possibly.

If the game is good then people will buy it no matter what.

DBLxxShotz
12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
DRM - Thats why the games ALWAYS ONLINE. Not because of the Multiplayer, not because of any other reason to do with servers.

Though the part about growing up, go do something else until It's fixed is a load of BS. **** happens, servers go down, can't play online. No worries! I will just have some fun with against the BOTS- Oh... right... DRM - ALWAYS ONLINE.

So refreshing to see someone who gets it.

KidCrypt0
12-20-2016, 04:33 PM
@DBLxxShotz

The fact that campaign exist is simply a part of their design to have a story behind their game. Just because a campaign exists doesn't mean it must be an offline feature. I don't have to be on the development team to be able to reach a conclusion based on what they've said and how they have developed the game to this point. It's pretty obvious. I do have an idea of the money and resources it takes, including dedicated people's time to changing what they don't need to change. I doubt google has the answer you're looking for, but go ahead and search for it. I don't need to prove anything to a narrow minded derp. I do like how you had nothing to say about your childish ultimatums towards the gaming company. You know it is possible to ask for changes to the game in a professional manor right? Like here's an example, because I know its hard for something like this to cross your mind. You rather just defend your selfishness.

"We have _____ amount of people here in the community who are big fans of the game but don't have a stable means of connecting to the internet. We want to play your game but without there being an option for offline play we wouldn't be able to efficiently play your game"

You might get a more appropriate response than posting something a 14 year old child would say to their parents because they're unhappy and want what they want right away.

The same argument could be thrown at your face, how do you know its ONLY because DRM reasons? Are you a developer? Do you work for the company? Pretty cool analysis you have here, hypocrite. But that's besides the point, you said it yourself. You believe that the reason they won't make offline play available is for DRM reasons, looks like you know the reason and it's a good one. You can't compare the reasons behind microsoft to ubisofts single game, that's silly they're not the same situations.

Yes you are selfish and it's clearly shown by the way you present yourself, you can defend your selfish ways all you want to make yourself feel better but it wont change the way people see you. You're not looking out for anyone besides yourself with the way you spew your ********. That's a pretty cool leap of logic to connect "sheep mentality" with being happy the way a game is developed because they're doing it right. Trust me, you make so much sense when you make your random assumptions based on flawed incoherent reasoning. Lets try to stay on point here a bit okay? I don't want this post being all about you. Lets talk about the important thing here, that there are plenty of RPG games that are offline only that the "offline gaming" community can happily play. Maybe they'll make a game like for honor with a unique story line that is offline RPG. You do see people rampaging towards RPG communities demanding that they make an online co-op and multiplayer features for their game. You're absolutely right, you can buy another car. Because in life we don't always get what we want, some things are made the way they are for reasons. We don't have to be whine and ***** because we don't get our way.

Here's the best part though. Who doesn't have internet these days? If you have a counsel or PC, you have internet this is 2016. So there really isn't any reason you can't buy and play the game and enjoy it. The only valid reason behind arguing for offline play is have no internet at home. The only possible reason for complaining is if you don't have internet. You're whining and threatening to boycott their game because of the off chance that your internet goes down and you cannot play their game for what ever period of time. That's absolutely ridiculous. Get real.

coolbord9
12-20-2016, 08:36 PM
@DBLxxShotz

The fact that campaign exist is simply a part of their design to have a story behind their game. Just because a campaign exists doesn't mean it must be an offline feature. I don't have to be on the development team to be able to reach a conclusion based on what they've said and how they have developed the game to this point. It's pretty obvious. I do have an idea of the money and resources it takes, including dedicated people's time to changing what they don't need to change. I doubt google has the answer you're looking for, but go ahead and search for it. I don't need to prove anything to a narrow minded derp. I do like how you had nothing to say about your childish ultimatums towards the gaming company. You know it is possible to ask for changes to the game in a professional manor right? Like here's an example, because I know its hard for something like this to cross your mind. You rather just defend your selfishness.

"We have _____ amount of people here in the community who are big fans of the game but don't have a stable means of connecting to the internet. We want to play your game but without there being an option for offline play we wouldn't be able to efficiently play your game"

You might get a more appropriate response than posting something a 14 year old child would say to their parents because they're unhappy and want what they want right away.

The same argument could be thrown at your face, how do you know its ONLY because DRM reasons? Are you a developer? Do you work for the company? Pretty cool analysis you have here, hypocrite. But that's besides the point, you said it yourself. You believe that the reason they won't make offline play available is for DRM reasons, looks like you know the reason and it's a good one. You can't compare the reasons behind microsoft to ubisofts single game, that's silly they're not the same situations.

Yes you are selfish and it's clearly shown by the way you present yourself, you can defend your selfish ways all you want to make yourself feel better but it wont change the way people see you. You're not looking out for anyone besides yourself with the way you spew your ********. That's a pretty cool leap of logic to connect "sheep mentality" with being happy the way a game is developed because they're doing it right. Trust me, you make so much sense when you make your random assumptions based on flawed incoherent reasoning. Lets try to stay on point here a bit okay? I don't want this post being all about you. Lets talk about the important thing here, that there are plenty of RPG games that are offline only that the "offline gaming" community can happily play. Maybe they'll make a game like for honor with a unique story line that is offline RPG. You do see people rampaging towards RPG communities demanding that they make an online co-op and multiplayer features for their game. You're absolutely right, you can buy another car. Because in life we don't always get what we want, some things are made the way they are for reasons. We don't have to be whine and ***** because we don't get our way.

Here's the best part though. Who doesn't have internet these days? If you have a counsel or PC, you have internet this is 2016. So there really isn't any reason you can't buy and play the game and enjoy it. The only valid reason behind arguing for offline play is have no internet at home. The only possible reason for complaining is if you don't have internet. You're whining and threatening to boycott their game because of the off chance that your internet goes down and you cannot play their game for what ever period of time. That's absolutely ridiculous. Get real.

This has gotten silly.... (and would if hurt you that much to admit our servicemen dont always have easy internet access?)

Pope138
12-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Ubisoft, in some maniacal scheme to make money, decided that the best way to maximize profits is to ensure their game appeals to the broadest possible audience of gamers. They have a massive, well-funded department entirely devoted to market research and consumer data analytics. If this crack team that they've assembled thought that these decisions would hurt sales then there is no way they would've gone through with it. In fact, decisions like these are made because it is shown to boost sales.
This is hardly the first online only game, and you are hardly the first person to make the claim that an entire fanbase rejects this decision.
Let's also take a moment to look back on all the online only games that have released and are raking in the cash still to this day.
I'm not saying you don't have your reasons for disapproving of this decision. But I will say that (especially on the internet) people tend to relate their own personal problems in a way that makes it sound as though everyone has that problem as a way to give their issue a greater importance in the hopes that it'll become a priority for whoever can fix it (in this case, Ubisoft).

Pope138
12-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Well I live out in the middle of no where, with very, very spotty internet, so I don't want my game disconnecting every 5 minutes. Also I do a lot of long distance trucking for my family and I take my Xbox along with me and there is no internet connection out on the road. Or how about if a person spends their hard earned money on a game they should be able to play with when ever the want to, nnot when some developer says so.

Then buy a game that allows you to do that. Basically what you are saying is
"Ubisoft, you made a product I can't use because of my lifestyle. Please change that and in the future make sure every thing you produce can be used by me."

A lot of posts I read on this subject are just people that are upset over a product they can't use. No one is forcing you to buy it.
I can't fit a Hummer in my garage, but I'm not on their website telling them how stupid they are for making them so big.

Dez_troi_aR
12-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Until Summer 2016 i have been living in a student dormitory for 3 years. We had an ok internet connection but our Landlord closed all ports needed for multiplayer for security reasons, so i did not play a single multiplayer game for a long time.

I was only looking for good single player games which i could enjoy. This took me some time to get used to because i was a long time competitive player. It dimmed my overall interest in games a little but i had some great experiences and many good hours with good singleplayers.

But one thing i did sure as hell not do during my forced single-player period was logging into Forums of multiplayer games and ranting about the game beeing a multiplayer game even though i would want it to be focused on singleplayer. I also would never have though of threatening some company with boycotting a product not designed around the type of customer i am.

What is wrong with you people Oo ?

DBLxxShotz
12-21-2016, 12:06 AM
Ubisoft, in some maniacal scheme to make money, decided that the best way to maximize profits is to ensure their game appeals to the broadest possible audience of gamers. They have a massive, well-funded department entirely devoted to market research and consumer data analytics. If this crack team that they've assembled thought that these decisions would hurt sales then there is no way they would've gone through with it. In fact, decisions like these are made because it is shown to boost sales.
This is hardly the first online only game, and you are hardly the first person to make the claim that an entire fanbase rejects this decision.
Let's also take a moment to look back on all the online only games that have released and are raking in the cash still to this day.
I'm not saying you don't have your reasons for disapproving of this decision. But I will say that (especially on the internet) people tend to relate their own personal problems in a way that makes it sound as though everyone has that problem as a way to give their issue a greater importance in the hopes that it'll become a priority for whoever can fix it (in this case, Ubisoft).

"you are hardly the first person to make the claim that an entire fan base rejects this decision."

Do not put words in my mouth. I NEVER said or implied such a thing.

"Let's also take a moment to look back on all the online only games that have released and are raking in the cash still to this day."

You mean like The Division and The Crew? Go look at how many people are playing those games as opposed to when the game was in its first 6 months of released compared to other titles. Does anyone even play The Crew anymore?

"In fact, decisions like these are made because it is shown to boost sales."

Not a fact just your opinion.

If this game was offline only would you be ok with that?

Dez_troi_aR
12-21-2016, 12:20 AM

If this game would be singleplayer only i would not be interested in it. Note there is a difference between "not beeing interested" and "demanding the game to be changed because i want it to be something else"

Dez_troi_aR
12-21-2016, 12:22 AM
I can't fit a Hummer in my garage, but I'm not on their website telling them how stupid they are for making them so big.

Thanks. This says it all.

DBLxxShotz
12-21-2016, 01:07 AM
If this game would be singleplayer only i would not be interested in it. Note there is a difference between "not beeing interested" and "demanding the game to be changed because i want it to be something else"

You are full of it. Of course if im not interested in the game i would not care but fact is i am so your comment is just a strawman argument. If you were interested the way you are for this game and they announced a couple months before release instead of months ago that it was offline only youd be on here saying what i am.

DBLxxShotz
12-21-2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks. This says it all.

"View Post
I can't fit a Hummer in my garage, but I'm not on their website telling them how stupid they are for making them so big."

Absolutely horrible analogy. How is a request for a game that i pay for to let me choose whether to play online or off so difficult to understand? How can you guys be ok with having a simple choice taken away for no legit reason? It is mind boggling to me that this concept is not an issue. I have internet access and offline is not an issue but i give a crap about those that have issues. Those of you that dont are simply selfish.

Dez_troi_aR
12-21-2016, 02:21 AM
Absolutely horrible analogy. How is a request for a game that i pay for to let me choose whether to play online or off so difficult to understand? How can you guys be ok with having a simple choice taken away for no legit reason?

Noone ows you anything because you could potentially buy something. If you and another person have made a sale contract THEN you have the right to receive what you and the person you bought something from agreed upon.
You seem to think that you are fighting against unjust treatment but that is not the case. Ubisoft is free to develop every product they like and you/we can buy or not buy it...
See, i do not have any advantage from not having the option to play offline. I guess i would do it quite often to practice against bots. But i really cant stand that unreasonable complaining about a thing that publishers will do nontheless. It helps them to fight piracy, which equals more profit. If i would be in their place i'd do the same. These are not charity organisations.

You are full of it. Of course if im not interested in the game i would not care but fact is i am so your comment is just a strawman argument. If you were interested the way you are for this game and they announced a couple months before release instead of months ago that it was offline only youd be on here saying what i am.

What's the problem with my statement? The Point i was trying to get across is that i, as a person who is looking for multiplayergames, am interested in multiplayer games and will therefor not be disapointed about single player gamesnot being multiplayer-ish enough . This statement is so trivial it feels strange to write it down.

For Honor was always marketed and presented as an online-multiplayer game. Back in 2015, many people were surprised when they announced the campaign because it looked like they would just go raw multiplayer. I am glad they include a campaign, and it looks great so far, but it has always been treated as an extra-feature. Being mad at ubisoft because an internet connection is required to play a game which is designed around competitve online pvp seems to be unappropriate from my point of view.

The Problem here might be that people project all sorts of things into ForHonor because they like the setting.

feuerundblut
12-21-2016, 02:38 AM
I agree with the last post entirely. This game was marketed as online multiplayer right from the start so people complaining they have to be online to play it is pointless and shows they have no clue whasoever what the game is about. Which would lead to some assumption they are blind consumers who don't get informed about a game before buying it. Fair enough but it's completely out of place here to complain about such a key feature like they do.

So my advise here is if you don't like what you see, just don't buy it and you are fine.

wolfboy203
12-21-2016, 04:49 AM
Heres the problem with that statement Nyankonono73, They already said that the singleplayer campaign was going to be playable offline beforehand but then all of a sudden they change t to online-only. Thats the main reason why people are pissed. If they said from the get go that you have to be online all the time, then people wouldn't really have a problem with it. Heck, some people eould just skip the game and move on.

HideoshiKaze.TV
12-21-2016, 05:11 AM
This was because single player integrates into multiplayer. Multiplayer takes place right after single player and some sort of progress carries over.

The game is playable offline without progress carrying over to multiplayer as with PC, it's due to the introduction of their anti-cheat software that's plugged into the single player experience as well, so people don't cheat and bring any of that progress to multiplayer.

Easy fix though, which I will post here after the game launches.

feuerundblut
12-21-2016, 06:38 AM
Heres the problem with that statement Nyankonono73, They already said that the singleplayer campaign was going to be playable offline beforehand but then all of a sudden they change t to online-only. Thats the main reason why people are pissed. If they said from the get go that you have to be online all the time, then people wouldn't really have a problem with it. Heck, some people eould just skip the game and move on.

I understand the reason then but let's not fool ourselves here. According to what I have seen so far about the singleplayer campaign, it is as much relevant to the game that it is in titanfall 2 if you have played it. The singleplayer in Titanfall 2 is just there to learn the moves and how to aim but doesn't stand out by itself. And in for honor, the singleplayer looks just like that, some tutorial on how each class plays with some straight forward missions which have no twist whatsoever and in which the hero kills blindlessly legions of bots until he or she reaches the boss fight in the end. What a super narrative there is, right?

The backbone of this game IS the multiplayer. And paying 50$ for the singleplayer aspect of it is clearly wasting your money.

Now if you tell me the narrative has as much depth as The Witcher 3 because you have played further, I am listening. Please, prove me wrong :P

Dez_troi_aR
12-21-2016, 09:58 AM
This was because single player integrates into multiplayer. Multiplayer takes place right after single player and some sort of progress carries over.

The game is playable offline without progress carrying over to multiplayer as with PC, it's due to the introduction of their anti-cheat software that's plugged into the single player experience as well, so people don't cheat and bring any of that progress to multiplayer.

Easy fix though, which I will post here after the game launches.
It would be helpful if they could finally tell us in which way campaign and multiplayer are connected. If that info is not NDA i'd appreceate some clarification. It would help those who are buying the game because of the singleplayer aspect to decide whether to buy the game or not.

Pope138
12-21-2016, 04:01 PM
"you are hardly the first person to make the claim that an entire fan base rejects this decision."

Do not put words in my mouth. I NEVER said or implied such a thing.
No, but the OP of this thread did. It's not all about you.

"Let's also take a moment to look back on all the online only games that have released and are raking in the cash still to this day."

You mean like The Division and The Crew? Go look at how many people are playing those games as opposed to when the game was in its first 6 months of released compared to other titles. Does anyone even play The Crew anymore?

"In fact, decisions like these are made because it is shown to boost sales."

Not a fact just your opinion.
Right, so Ubisoft did it so they would have LESS sales. Brilliant.

I would wait to get it when it was offered free from Games with Gold (Xbone player here).

Hope this helps.

Pope138
12-21-2016, 04:05 PM
"View Post
I can't fit a Hummer in my garage, but I'm not on their website telling them how stupid they are for making them so big."

Absolutely horrible analogy. How is a request for a game that i pay for to let me choose whether to play online or off so difficult to understand? How can you guys be ok with having a simple choice taken away for no legit reason? It is mind boggling to me that this concept is not an issue. I have internet access and offline is not an issue but i give a crap about those that have issues. Those of you that dont are simply selfish.

We're selfish? Who's demanding a company change a product that you are under no obligation to buy?
Also, you haven't paid for this game and any pre-order can be canceled. No one has been swindled, stop acting like it.

DBLxxShotz
12-21-2016, 11:24 PM
We're selfish? Who's demanding a company change a product that you are under no obligation to buy?
Also, you haven't paid for this game and any pre-order can be canceled. No one has been swindled, stop acting like it.

Im through talking to the deaf,dumb and blind. And yes SELFISH!

Pope138
12-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Im through talking to the deaf,dumb and blind. And yes SELFISH!
Translation: "You make a valid point that I have no rebuttal to, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I admit that I'm wrong!"

Also...

"Ubisoft! Stop making the game not the way I want it!!!"

Yeah, I'm the selfish one for understanding that I don't always get what I want. Pfft.

DBLxxShotz
12-24-2016, 06:06 AM
Translation: "You make a valid point that I have no rebuttal to, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I admit that I'm wrong!"

Also...

"Ubisoft! Stop making the game not the way I want it!!!"

Yeah, I'm the selfish one for understanding that I don't always get what I want. Pfft.

Nope. Im not wrong. Im absolutely right! If Ubi announced tommorow that the game was offline all of you clowns would be complaining about it. The only reason this game and ubi soft games are becoming online only is that they dont want people having pirated copies of games but theyre disguising it as "we got some cool stuff that only works if your always online". You and the rest of the suckers buy that bs hook line and sinker. I have internet and being online is not an issue but im looking out for people that cant be online. I also dont want to pay 60 bucks for something that i cant play whenever i want. If getting my moneys worth is being selfish then ill be that. I am absolutely 100% right on this issue. You guys are dead wrong and only thinking of yourselves. Whe`ll see how high and mighty your going to feel when you cant play for a couple days because of ddos attack or some other bs.

feuerundblut
12-24-2016, 06:17 AM
Nope. Im not wrong. Im absolutely right! If Ubi announced tommorow that the game was offline all of you clowns would be complaining about it. The only reason this game and ubi soft games are becoming online only is that they dont want people having pirated copies of games but theyre disguising it as "we got some cool stuff that only works if your always online". You and the rest of the suckers buy that bs hook line and sinker. I have internet and being online is not an issue but im looking out for people that cant be online. I also dont want to pay 60 bucks for something that i cant play whenever i want. If getting my moneys worth is being selfish then ill be that. I am absolutely 100% right on this issue. You guys are dead wrong and only thinking of yourselves. Whe`ll see how high and mighty your going to feel when you cant play for a couple days because of ddos attack or some other bs.

As I stated above, it would be silly anyway, in my humble opinion, to pay 60 bucks for a game which offers 5 to 10 hours of hack and slash campaign, some tutorial with bots only and no customization whatsoever, don't you think?

Aibjorn
12-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Yeah, i'm a tiny bit dis-appointed, but is that going to keep me from buying and getting the game? Of course not! That would be ridiculous.

DBLxxShotz
12-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Yeah, i'm a tiny bit dis-appointed, but is that going to keep me from buying and getting the game? Of course not! That would be ridiculous.

Thats understandable but thats why these companies will continue to pull stuff like this.

Avirex_Idyll
12-24-2016, 09:35 AM
Requiring constant internet connection is not a dealer breaker for me currently. However, I can understand why some might be upset with this. If one is in an area that is lacking in internet access then I can see the frustration.

When I was stationed in AZ the internet connection in our baracks made online gaming near un-playable. While this was extremely frustrating, it never actually stopped me from buying any future games knowing full-well the headaches that were to follow.

DBLxxShotz
12-25-2016, 02:52 AM
Requiring constant internet connection is not a dealer breaker for me currently. However, I can understand why some might be upset with this. If one is in an area that is lacking in internet access then I can see the frustration.

When I was stationed in AZ the internet connection in our baracks made online gaming near un-playable. While this was extremely frustrating, it never actually stopped me from buying any future games knowing full-well the headaches that were to follow.

Thanks for your service. This is why im complaining. Sure i can play online as thats not an issue but like i said originally my concern was the exclusion of people who have poor connections, dont have internet and service members. Im not thinking of just myself unlike most of the people that have criticized my position.

Avirex_Idyll
12-25-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks for your service. This is why im complaining. Sure i can play online as thats not an issue but like i said originally my concern was the exclusion of people who have poor connections, dont have internet and service members. Im not thinking of just myself unlike most of the people that have criticized my position.

While this is a good issue to bring up, be careful when attempting to speak for others if your situation is not as theirs. No offense is intended. I have seen many of these types of threads since voicing the same concern, however it seems that many of them tend to 'speak for others' but in a rather demanding or assertive tone.

Again, I mean no disrespect or insult. I will agree that "always online" can ruin the major focal point of a game that is primarily multiplayer centered for many effected, however, this is more of a geographical situation and expecting a gaming company to accommodate all of these is a fair stretch. I would hope that the company would take the approach that would benefit the majority of its customers.

DBLxxShotz
12-25-2016, 07:09 AM
While this is a good issue to bring up, be careful when attempting to speak for others if your situation is not as theirs. No offense is intended. I have seen many of these types of threads since voicing the same concern, however it seems that many of them tend to 'speak for others' but in a rather demanding or assertive tone.

Again, I mean no disrespect or insult. I will agree that "always online" can ruin the major focal point of a game that is primarily multiplayer centered for many effected, however, this is more of a geographical situation and expecting a gaming company to accommodate all of these is a fair stretch. I would hope that the company would take the approach that would benefit the majority of its customers.

No offense taken and i dont mind the criticism but i believe in what im saying. I really dont see how asking for offline playability is such a big deal.

The_Quieter
12-25-2016, 01:54 PM
To all people who won't buy this game because it's always online.

Good-bye, quit posting, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You have no valid argument. This is an online game.

waraidako
12-25-2016, 04:01 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5k6d1g/still_mad/

Can we stop talking about this now?

keizersozer
12-26-2016, 03:43 PM

hey demisedofrice,
As you said it your self "I've only ever played games that are online" this based on your own experience. but there are many places were internet connection is not always available with unlimited usage or even something more simple with people that may keeps having issue with their connection.
Although this is made for a noble cause which is fighting piracy I ll give it no longer than two month before it get cracked and guess who will have the advantage after that the people who didn't pay a penny and can play offline.
look what happened to assassins creed 2, it took them a month to crack it, and some player who bought the game end up dl the pirated version to play offline. In the end Ubisoft updated the game with the offline version.
I know we have to something to fight piracy and I am no master mind to purpose a solution but this in my point of view not the efficient what to do so and has an impact on the customer.

Joe_Corleone
12-26-2016, 10:08 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5k6d1g/still_mad/

Can we stop talking about this now?

What does that mean? I can't see the whole text.

AlmightyWarlock
12-26-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't see why offline bot practice is an issue. as long as the players aren't rewarded with anything or xp, class levels, etc that they can then use online should they choose to participate. Otherwise- it's going to end up like a funny version of online dynasty warriors..and come on now, is that really what we want here guys?

waraidako
12-26-2016, 10:33 PM
What does that mean? I can't see the whole text.

What does it matter what the rest of the text says? "Offline Campaign" isn't some vague statement that could mean anything. There is only one correct way to interpret that.

Avirex_Idyll
12-27-2016, 06:09 AM
I don't see why offline bot practice is an issue. as long as the players aren't rewarded with anything or xp, class levels, etc that they can then use online should they choose to participate. Otherwise- it's going to end up like a funny version of online dynasty warriors..and come on now, is that really what we want here guys?

Is there a type of pve multiplayer mode where you and your friends can play against bots? If so, I do not see a problem with allowing them to earn exp or rewards of some sort, maybe do it at a reduced rate?

What does it matter what the rest of the text says? "Offline Campaign" isn't some vague statement that could mean anything. There is only one correct way to interpret that.

The statement provided in the link could have made a valid point if it was in its entirety, however, when you take 2 words out of the context they lose their meaning and are open to interpretation.

waraidako
12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Please, enlighten me. How is offline campaign open to interpretation? What could it possibly mean, besides that the campaign is playable offline?

DerHerbman
12-27-2016, 07:51 PM
It could mean anything if you just can read the two words, donīt you see the problem? How about:

We really wanted to include offline campaign but we were unable to!
or:
We think offline campaign is a afull idea.
or:
there wount be an offline campaign, deal with it.
And so on...
only taking two words out of context means nothing. I thought always on was confirmed already?

waraidako
12-27-2016, 08:36 PM
None of yours are possible at all. They don't follow the wording in the actual picture. But ok, let me try one, based on what's visible in that image. The text visible in the picture is highlighted. This is probably like 99% accurate.

For Honor offers an orange. We really tried but we couldn't do a single player, offline campaign and that's why I shot JFK.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/for-honor-standard-edition/bpp70w2dsw3h

djb204
12-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Everyone who wants this topic to die, do you work for Ubisoft? This thread doesn't hurt any gamers, but it does call out Ubisoft's going back on previous statements. I can't see why any random person would want this thread to die, or not be talked about. These forums are place for gamers to voice their opinions and concerns regarding Ubisoft games. I view this "no-buy" thread as a petition of some sort. Devs tend to respond to things like this, and when they see a thread with 60+ replies, it's obvious it's getting a lot of attention regardless of what side of the fence your on. I would love an offline campaign option, and I'll voice my opinion until release. If it remains online only, I won't buy.

waraidako
12-28-2016, 03:00 AM
Everyone who wants this topic to die, do you work for Ubisoft?

Nope.

This thread doesn't hurt any gamers,

It hurts my eyes having to read this crap over and over again. How about sticking to one thread? The search function, have you heard of it?

but it does call out Ubisoft's going back on previous statements.

Nah, microsoft's page for the game says it has an offline campaign.

I can't see why any random person would want this thread to die, or not be talked about.

Because the constant whining is annoying.

These forums are place for gamers to voice their opinions and concerns regarding Ubisoft games.

I find it ironic that you use the plural of concern here in yet another thread about this one-note, done to death topic.

I view this "no-buy" thread as a petition of some sort.

It's not, though, is it? You could go start an actual petition if you wanted to. But you won't.

Devs tend to respond to things like this, and when they see a thread with 60+ replies,

No they don't. 60+ replies is frak all. This is nothing. 60 replies doesn't even equal 60 people.

it's obvious it's getting a lot of attention regardless of what side of the fence your on.

It's getting some very vocal attention from the very small group of people who actually give a damn about offline gaming in 2016.

I would love an offline campaign option,

No ****?

and I'll voice my opinion until release.

There you go, singular.

If it remains online only, I won't buy.

No one cares.

djb204
12-28-2016, 03:54 AM
Nope.

It hurts my eyes having to read this crap over and over again. How about sticking to one thread? The search function, have you heard of it?

Nah, microsoft's page for the game says it has an offline campaign.

Because the constant whining is annoying.

I find it ironic that you use the plural of concern here in yet another thread about this one-note, done to death topic.

It's not, though, is it? You could go start an actual petition if you wanted to. But you won't.

No they don't. 60+ replies is frak all. This is nothing. 60 replies doesn't even equal 60 people.

It's getting some very vocal attention from the very small group of people who actually give a damn about offline gaming in 2016.

No ****?

There you go, singular.

No one cares.

What a baby lmao, crying over customer feedback and concerns lol, like it even involves you. Here's a piece of advice, if you don't like a thread title, don't read it. Constantly kissing Ubi's ??? lol

DrExtrem
12-28-2016, 10:21 AM
always online should not be a reason to ot buy a game in 2016/7 ...

this is actually quite normal - at least for login. this is the modern way of anti piracy protection. steam, battlenet (or whatever they call it now ...), ubi club, origin ... all those numerous extra clients on PC only have one reason - anti piracy.

if the story (sounds better than campaign) and maybe sparring (pure bot-matches) are playable offline - very nice. especially, when the connection is not that stable. i dont know if the latter is available but it should be.

badrackas
12-28-2016, 11:18 AM
most of the games are online only. soon probably all of them will be.

waraidako
12-28-2016, 12:34 PM
What a baby lmao, crying over customer feedback and concerns lol, like it even involves you. Here's a piece of advice, if you don't like a thread title, don't read it. Constantly kissing Ubi's ??? lol

I'm not the one crying about online games threatening to take my toys and go home.

djb204
12-28-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm not the one crying about online games threatening to take my toys and go home.

lol you might as well be, your getting so butt hurt over other people's views that you go out of your way to argue over things that obviously don't involve you. Such a sad existence lol. But, welcome to the world of customer feedback. We the customers will continue to give Ubisoft every opportunity to sale their products to us, all it takes is a simple feature. We will continue to voice our requests right up until release. It's totally up to Ubisoft as to whether or not they want these sales. Also, regardless of how many people are voicing their concerns here, they'rd is a lot more then that. Gaming sites like IGN, Gamespot, and Gamefaqs are talking about this too. Simple Google 'For Honor Online Connection' to see for your self. But anyway, keep complaining about other players requests, opinions, and views if it makes you feel better. It's sad really.

iHunny
12-28-2016, 10:24 PM
Killing a thread slowly 101

waraidako
12-29-2016, 11:56 AM
lol you might as well be, your getting so butt hurt over other people's views that you go out of your way to argue over things that obviously don't involve you. Such a sad existence lol. But, welcome to the world of customer feedback. We the customers will continue to give Ubisoft every opportunity to sale their products to us, all it takes is a simple feature. We will continue to voice our requests right up until release. It's totally up to Ubisoft as to whether or not they want these sales. Also, regardless of how many people are voicing their concerns here, they'rd is a lot more then that. Gaming sites like IGN, Gamespot, and Gamefaqs are talking about this too. Simple Google 'For Honor Online Connection' to see for your self. But anyway, keep complaining about other players requests, opinions, and views if it makes you feel better. It's sad really.

Trust me, it's not out of my way. And customer feedback comes from customers. You're not that. You're just some dude online crying because they're not making this game to fit your personal preferences, no different from the people throwing a tantrum over the gender locked classes. It's sad really.

Killing a thread slowly 101

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/40/40b96f717103244d7d9dea023de22820619058efade0a529f2 938430963ed6c7.jpg

AlmightyWarlock
12-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Is there a type of pve multiplayer mode where you and your friends can play against bots? If so, I do not see a problem with allowing them to earn exp or rewards of some sort, maybe do it at a reduced rate?

If you're playing with friends, you're not really playing offline- are you? Think about that for a moment. That'd be similar to say...the bot mode in Overwatch.

djb204
12-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Trust me, it's not out of my way. And customer feedback comes from customers. You're not that. You're just some dude online crying because they're not making this game to fit your personal preferences, no different from the people throwing a tantrum over the gender locked classes. It's sad really.
First of all, ive been a Ubi customer since the orginal Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six titles on PC and the original Xbox. Probably been a customer of of theirs way be for you. Your so defensive over this online requirement, do you realize this is just an excuse to enforce DRM? It's anti-consumer, and the game NEVER belongs to those who purchased it. You pay $60 for a tripleA title, but you can only play it when Ubisoft says so, or when your internet permits it. When the Ubisoft moves on from this game years later and shuts down the servers, your game is gone too. DRM is bs. But what ever, I'm done arguing with you lol. You just don't get it.

AlmightyWarlock
12-30-2016, 07:27 PM
"Look guise, I ams ubisoft buyerz andz cuz amz has beenz heer longerz my words is like truths for sure. Aktuually, u dun undurstand."

That's effectively how I read that.

PowerSenpai
12-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Not gonna defend their position here, but personally i don't see the big deal. I wanna play this game for it's PVP and i probably won't bother to play the campaign solo anyways. That is just my perspective though.

djb204
12-31-2016, 12:00 AM
"Look guise, I ams ubisoft buyerz andz cuz amz has beenz heer longerz my words is like truths for sure. Aktuually, u dun undurstand."

That's effectively how I read that.

If you were a tad more intelligent than your reply suggests you are, then you'd realize that my statement of how long I've been a Ubi customer was in direct reply to the person who tried to say I wasn't a customer, and nothing more. It wasn't in no way attempting to suggest my Ubi history makes my word truth. Do your homework before leaving comments that make you look... well you know.

AlmightyWarlock
12-31-2016, 10:46 PM
You're absolutely correct, as a Biochemistry major my intelligence is incredibly sub-par. I'm also not going to nitpick or anything, but if you're going to insist that others are stupid you should first use spell-check. Just some advice there kemosabe.

Pope138
01-05-2017, 10:55 PM

Difference between you and me:
If a product with feature(s) I dislike is released I shrug and say to myself "I guess this product isn't for me."
But you?
"This is outrageous! You mean to tell me I'm going to spend money on something that does things I don't like although no one is forcing me to?--I mean, not me specifically, I'm just looking out for all the other people--WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE INUITS AND SOLDIERS!?!"

Life isn't burger king, you don't get it your way. Part of being an adult!

I.S.T.A.
01-06-2017, 03:43 AM
If a product with feature(s) I dislike is released I shrug and say to myself "I guess this product isn't for me."
But you?
"This is outrageous! You mean to tell me I'm going to spend money on something that does things I don't like although no one is forcing me to?--I mean, not me specifically, I'm just looking out for all the other people--WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE INUITS AND SOLDIERS!?!"

my sides >.< lol, couldn't have said it better myself.

PowerSenpai
01-07-2017, 01:19 AM
But you?

It is generally thought of that always online is an anti consumer practice, and i have a hard time disagreeing with that notion. This hardly seems like a matter of "being for" someone but rather being a cool game with downsides that many think should not be there. Complaining is an important step of feedback to developers to tell them what we do not like, saying we should not do that seems really weird.

So rather, the role of an adult in this context is to tell the devs that we do not like it and vote with our wallet-

djb204
01-07-2017, 11:57 PM
You're absolutely correct, as a Biochemistry major my intelligence is incredibly sub-par. I'm also not going to nitpick or anything, but if you're going to insist that others are stupid you should first use spell-check. Just some advice there kemosabe.

You need a comma after 'stupid'. Thanks for the advice, I almost missed that. It must be a Biochemistry thing.

AlmightyWarlock
01-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Are you absolutely sure about that? There appear to be grammatical rules stating otherwise. You see, it's not a run on-sentence, nor did I pause to introduce a new or independent clause or phrase in between the words "stupid" and "you". I do like these little baby jabs you're making though, they're particularly amusing when I know you've got no platform from upon which you can preach to me in return. But yeah, totally a Biochem thing, Kemosabe. You tried though, gold star for effort.

UbiJurassic
01-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Let's avoid making our posts a bit too personal. Try and remain on the topic of the thread, please. :)

Dez_troi_aR
01-08-2017, 02:00 PM
It is generally thought of that always online is an anti consumer practice, and i have a hard time disagreeing with that notion. This hardly seems like a matter of "being for" someone but rather being a cool game with downsides that many think should not be there. Complaining is an important step of feedback to developers to tell them what we do not like, saying we should not do that seems really weird.

So rather, the role of an adult in this context is to tell the devs that we do not like it and vote with our wallet-

I agree.
But lets be honest, while always-online isn't really something any gamer would be happy about (because the benift is obviously at the publishers side) it isn't anything that would really justify a boycott. For most people it is more a matter of principle than something that actually hurts them in any way.

So long story short i think it's just not as big a deal as people pretend it is....

I have not been able to play online for the last three years so i did not buy these sort of games. And so won't anyone who is truely affected by always-online implementations. The developers calculate how much they will benefit vs how much copies they wont sell and they are free to do that. Anyone who complains even though he/she has a perfectly working online connection most likely just wants to complain for the sake of beeing a whiny victim, which gamers of all communities love to do.

PowerSenpai
01-09-2017, 08:20 AM
I agree.
But lets be honest, while always-online isn't really something any gamer would be happy about (because the benift is obviously at the publishers side) it isn't anything that would really justify a boycott. For most people it is more a matter of principle than something that actually hurts them in any way.

So long story short i think it's just not as big a deal as people pretend it is....

I have not been able to play online for the last three years so i did not buy these sort of games. And so won't anyone who is truely affected by always-online implementations. The developers calculate how much they will benefit vs how much copies they wont sell and they are free to do that. Anyone who complains even though he/she has a perfectly working online connection most likely just wants to complain for the sake of beeing a whiny victim, which gamers of all communities love to do.

I agree with you in that i don't really see it as a big deal, i do however disagree that it is not a justifiable reason to boycott a product. I think a decision to boycott something, or vote with your wallet as it is, is entirely driven by subjective feelings and motive, and can't really be judged objectively.

I do believe we can all agree that this is horrid for the game's overall PR, as it definitely drives down public opinion of the game, for a company that already has a lot of hate driven towards them.

I really like Ubisoft though, as they try to innovate, and i have pre-ordered gold edition of the game.

Pope138
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM

As I expressed earlier, if it were me I would not buy the product if that decision affected me negatively. Pretty sure that's an endorsement for voting with one's wallet. And (constructive) feedback is of course welcome, but let's not pretend I WASN'T reacting to whiney outrage.
If you also feel that the user I was responding to could have provided feedback in a more down to earth manner, then I would say you and I have the same views for online-only games.

DBLxxShotz
01-11-2017, 01:25 AM
But you?

Nice strawman argument. I have zero issues being able to play online. Youve completely missed my point. But you did make a cute little joke so atleast you contributed that.

DBLxxShotz
01-11-2017, 01:26 AM

Someone who gets it. Thank you.

Aarpian
01-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Someone who gets it. Thank you.

+1

Complaints raised are perfectly valid - nobody is claiming the developers don't have the right to release the game with whichever features they want, but letting Ubisoft know what we like and what we don't like is useful for both parties. Of course they have a product to make and sell, and it's up to them whether or not they heed our feedback, but they've just spent a lot of time and effort setting up alphas and technical tests specifically to get our opinions, so clearly they want to hear it.

Personally I'm also of the opinion that always-online is anti-consumer, shafting some players in an attempt to thwart the pirates (who will a: get around it anyway, and b: spend more money than non-pirates on media anyway).
Does it affect me? Not really.
Does it bother me from a moral perspective? A bit.
Will it stop me buying the game? I'm pre-ordering the gold edition tonight.

VodkaSlam
01-12-2017, 03:19 AM

You can play the Practice Mode uninterrupted but your progression will not be saved. The Campaign is linked to your Multiplayer characters, not only that but their Faction War is possibly going to be a separate Meta game like Planetside 2 which is Always Online. Chromehounds was the same, but Singleplayer can be played offline as for this game, it isnt.

Eirmund
01-12-2017, 03:31 AM
Just want to throw my 2 cents in on this subject.

I do not like, nor ever want a game to be online only. But let me tell you why it doesn't bother and why it's not a deal breaker. Firstly, i'm not wanting to play this game because it has offline, I want to play because of the gameplay. That is my main draw. If you ordered a Steak because you wanted Steak, would you leave because they didn't have mashed potatoes? I don't think so. As long as gameplay is as it's shown, then i'll play this game and enjoy it. I'm not going to let something I view as a secondary feature ruin my enjoyment.

Think of all your MMOs, and free to play games that you spend money on: Warframe, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, etc. How is this ANY different? If you don't have internet, you won't be able to play these games at all. How can you complain about this game being online only, but not these other ones?

Pope138
01-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Nice strawman argument. I have zero issues being able to play online. Youve completely missed my point. But you did make a cute little joke so atleast you contributed that.

You do not know what a strawman is.

Also, do you really think I'm funny!?! Aww, what a sweetie...

djb204
01-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Just want to throw my 2 cents in on this subject.

I do not like, nor ever want a game to be online only. But let me tell you why it doesn't bother and why it's not a deal breaker. Firstly, i'm not wanting to play this game because it has offline, I want to play because of the gameplay. That is my main draw. If you ordered a Steak because you wanted Steak, would you leave because they didn't have mashed potatoes? I don't think so. As long as gameplay is as it's shown, then i'll play this game and enjoy it. I'm not going to let something I view as a secondary feature ruin my enjoyment.

Think of all your MMOs, and free to play games that you spend money on: Warframe, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, etc. How is this ANY different? If you don't have internet, you won't be able to play these games at all. How can you complain about this game being online only, but not these other ones?
For me personally, I've never played any of those other online only games you've mentioned. I don't ever plan on playing them. I preordered For Honor. Now Ubisoft is saying I need to be online all the time to play, and they cancelled split screen, etc. I'm complaining because they went back on their word after I pre-ordered. I don't want to have to cancel my preorder on a game I was hyped for, but theses last minute changes are anti-consumer. Forcing DRM is not something I'm a fan of. My pre-order stands for the time being, but I think it's all based on hope at this point. Chances are nothing will change and my pre-order cancelation is inevitable.

Dez_troi_aR
01-14-2017, 07:18 PM
For me personally, I've never played any of those other online only games you've mentioned. I don't ever plan on playing them. I preordered For Honor. Now Ubisoft is saying I need to be online all the time to play, and they cancelled split screen, etc. I'm complaining because they went back on their word after I pre-ordered. I don't want to have to cancel my preorder on a game I was hyped for, but theses last minute changes are anti-consumer. Forcing DRM is not something I'm a fan of. My pre-order stands for the time being, but I think it's all based on hope at this point. Chances are nothing will change and my pre-order cancelation is inevitable.

I admire how firm you stand when it comes to principles. Not playing a game that you are hyped for, not because you would actually care for the changes but simply because you dislike the way how these changes were communicated really shows a lot of self disciplin. I guess you are as principled in real live, too. I guess you do not eat meat, do not buy cheap clothes made under questionable conditions and ride your bicycle instead of owning a car, to protect the enviroment.
You must be, because if you would just go to through live not giving a **** about these things and then log on the intenet and talk about not buying a game because a minor issue like the removal of a small feature contradicts your strong principles, that would be absurd, wouldnt it ?

But thank you for giving me something i can be sarcastic about, it helps me to de-stress while beeing buried in uni-work.
Basically i want you to agree with me on my salty criticism of your post and also show some pity for me. Cn u do that for me, plz ?

LiveKiller7x
01-15-2017, 02:25 AM
I admire how firm you stand when it comes to principles. Not playing a game that you are hyped for, not because you would actually care for the changes but simply because you dislike the way how these changes were communicated really shows a lot of self disciplin. I guess you are as principled in real live, too. I guess you do not eat meat, do not buy cheap clothes made under questionable conditions and ride your bicycle instead of owning a car, to protect the enviroment.
You must be, because if you would just go to through live not giving a **** about these things and then log on the intenet and talk about not buying a game because a minor issue like the removal of a small feature contradicts your strong principles, that would be absurd, wouldnt it ?

But thank you for giving me something i can be sarcastic about, it helps me to de-stress while beeing buried in uni-work.
Basically i want you to agree with me on my salty criticism of your post and also show some pity for me. Cn u do that for me, plz ?

Das war ja mal geil :D

Pope138
01-17-2017, 04:39 PM

I can't consider that "going back on their word."
When a game is still in development (a worki-in-progress) things are subject to change. This happens all the time and it's naive to think Ubisoft is the exception.
If you want to come here and express your disappointment in those decisions you have my full support, until you start playing victim and accuse others of lying (still way more level-headed than a lot of the entitled outrage I've seen in these forums). Also, pre-orders can be canceled and fully refunded.
The mature thing to do in this situation is post calm and constructive feedback, then vote with your wallet.

E71
04-10-2017, 03:22 AM
Really wanted The Division but lost all interest when I heard its AO even for the SP content. Never purchased an Always-Online game before, never will.

You put a tight leash around your customers' necks, they will rebel.

escacleo
04-10-2017, 04:14 AM
The only way you're getting offline mode is with either completely removed rewards, xp, and steel. or a separate save between local and online profiles. If they ever choose offline those are the only option. You wouldn't be able to use your multiplayer account in single player nor your single player account in multiplayer.