PDA

View Full Version : So why couldn't (SPOILERS)

joshoolhorst
12-15-2016, 10:36 PM
He and Desmond have the same DNA so?

Someone: I sensed a disturbing of lack of questions on this forum from you

Farlander1991
12-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Yes, but Desmond also had the DNA of his mom, William didn't. So William provided some precursor genes to Desmond, Desmond's mom also did, making Desmond special, but neither William nor Des's mom have enough on their own.

Sorrosyss
12-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Plus Minerva specifically left the message for Desmond 75,000 years. It was preordained.

Kind of makes you start questioning the futility of fate within the series, but that's a discussion for another thread.

cawatrooper9
12-16-2016, 03:34 PM
Plus Minerva specifically left the message for Desmond 75,000 years. It was preordained.

Kind of makes you start questioning the futility of fate within the series, but that's a discussion for another thread.

I always saw it as less of a prophetic thing, and more of a sort of portal (or nexus) through time. It seems almost as if the First Civ people were able to project themselves through time, and could even view/hear through that projection. So, I guess less like a voicemail and more like a two way call. I could be wrong, though.

joshoolhorst
12-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Yes, but Desmond also had the DNA of his mom, William didn't. So William provided some precursor genes to Desmond, Desmond's mom also did, making Desmond special, but neither William nor Des's mom have enough on their own.

So every random bartender in the world with precursor DNA could've saved the world with the right parents -_-

Farlander1991
12-16-2016, 10:29 PM
So every random bartender in the world with precursor DNA could've saved the world with the right parents -_-

Well, no. It's not about just having precursor DNA, it's about having huge concentrations of it. So if William had happened to marry another woman their son wouldn't have had enough precursor DNA.

Basically, while Desmond's not the only person who could've saved the world, there are only a few 'lucky' people who could do it.

joshoolhorst
12-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Well, no. It's not about just having precursor DNA, it's about having huge concentrations of it. So if William had happened to marry another woman their son wouldn't have had enough precursor DNA.

Basically, while Desmond's not the only person who could've saved the world, there are only a few 'lucky' people who could do it.

I just remember William said something only one of a million people have the right ''genes'' but this still makes me wonder the hole pedestal thing in assassin's creed 3, the thing was done couldn't they just sacrifice somebody during the Isu era like one of the scientists?

Edit: damn AC3 ending was rushed

ERICATHERINE
12-17-2016, 06:03 PM
I just remember William said something only one of a million people have the right ''genes'' but this still makes me wonder the hole pedestal thing in assassin's creed 3, the thing was done couldn't they just sacrifice somebody during the Isu era like one of the scientists?

Edit: damn AC3 ending was rushed

My guess about this, story wise, is that the isu made it as a solution, but too late for themselves while, at the same time, ready for us. ^-^