PDA

View Full Version : AC3: How you do it?

Butcherbird59
12-15-2016, 08:27 AM
This eavesdrop mission is impossible without being detected!?

http://pasteboard.co/a0EesXGtP.png

Lysette88
12-15-2016, 09:07 AM
To me it looks like that you will have to silently take out the guard near you first and then you will have the opportunity to eavesdrop from the corner of the house - it looks like this would be inside the eavesdrop range. I cannot see how well accessible the guard near you is, eventually you will have to try to lure him away first without the officers noticing.

Butcherbird59
12-15-2016, 09:27 AM
My experience is you can't kill any guard without "drawing to much attention" hence fail with this attempt - sure no problem to take guards out but...
The mission, at the beginning, is warning you not to kill any guards too.

strigoi1958
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
I cannot remember this one very well but I think the first time I did it (and failed) I watched the route the officers took, and I hid in the bushes as I listened to the beginning of the conversation then I climbed on top of the building to the left (in your picture). I think we only have to eavesdrop about 15 to 20 seconds and as long as the sentries do not attack us (even though they may catch sight of us) it is completed.

Lysette88
12-15-2016, 08:50 PM
My experience is you can't kill any guard without "drawing to much attention" hence fail with this attempt - sure no problem to take guards out but...
The mission, at the beginning, is warning you not to kill any guards too.

Ah good to know, I am not that far yet in the game, I just looked at the scene and what I would do judging from that - maybe I should have said nothing without to actually know this mission.

Butcherbird59
12-16-2016, 12:22 AM
I cannot remember this one very well but...I think we only have to eavesdrop about 15 to 20 seconds ...then I climbed on top of the building to the left ....

Well, not that simple, the eavesdrop is about 40 seconds at least and even IF you master to stay within the range undetected, hence finishing the eavesdrop, it's not done yet. BTW, climbing on the roof of that building makes you lose contact. The following sequence tells to 'steal the map' and that is more Sh*t making you fail the complete mission due to being detected.

Another problem is how can you dive into the haystack and stay in? Here you can dive in but you get out immediately - there is no way for me to hide for longer!

Ah good to know, I am not that far yet in the game, I just looked at the scene and what I would do judging from that - maybe I should have said nothing without to actually know this mission.

Yep, it's a good idea to know the situation but don't worry I see your goodwill ;)

strigoi1958
12-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Jump out of the haystack, that's happens if you jump in when someone can see you jumping in, it kicks you out. Anyway I did find a video on youtube that runs similar to how I did it but slightly different. I'm going to post it in a spoiler section and you can click here to view it if you would like. video 1 walking https://youtu.be/98WR3y7j5GU I don't know how hhe made it look easy, I couldn't do it.

Video 2 similar to my way https://youtu.be/-TYc_O-20nM

Butcherbird59
12-16-2016, 04:27 AM
Yep, I've seen both videos before - however, for me it's much more difficult to stay undetected. The videos must have been recorded in sorta "HoneySuckle" difficulty mode. Okay, I keep trying now 'stealing the map' and 'sabotaging the canons'

I'll be away from home for 1 week hence progress has to wait ;)

PS: Okay, I progressed a bit, now, the young Indian Haytham Kenway is playing on his indian ground:
http://pasteboard.co/arrptBpBZ.png

AC3 can be a pain in the butt, really!

strigoi1958
12-16-2016, 02:49 PM
That is great, I always think games would be less fun if we didn't have something to challenge us... maybe life should have a difficulty setting, I'd like mine on easy for a little while :)

You've just started as Connor so this is where it begins to get even more interesting :)