PDA

View Full Version : Finally back up and running...

ScrubbyMonkey
03-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, I finally got my old computer to the point where it would run the original IL2 decently. Hopefully it will help me practice a bit before I build my new computer and get FB and AEP.

I've never played FB, so my question is: will playing IL2 help me prepare to play FB? I'm assuming yes, but I really don't know.

And finally, hello out there to everybody on the boards. This forum got me to the point where I couldn't take it any more, and had to have at least something playable on my computer.

ScrubbyMonkey
03-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, I finally got my old computer to the point where it would run the original IL2 decently. Hopefully it will help me practice a bit before I build my new computer and get FB and AEP.

I've never played FB, so my question is: will playing IL2 help me prepare to play FB? I'm assuming yes, but I really don't know.

And finally, hello out there to everybody on the boards. This forum got me to the point where I couldn't take it any more, and had to have at least something playable on my computer.

willyvic
03-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Welcome and yes, IL2 will get ya ready for FB and AEP. If you play offline mainly you can probably use IL2 till FB and AEP go down in price. If you want to mix it up online you'll have to get FB and AEP very soon as IL2 is pretty much deserted now days.

Good luck in your flying.

http://www.geocities.com/mompeepers/willyvic/mig3u.jpg

ScrubbyMonkey
03-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Thank you willy, and yes, for now it is just offline. I'll have my new comp built hopefully by the end of the semester, which is in about 2 months. No big deal on the wait, with school work I hardly have enough time to even think about gaming right now.