PDA

View Full Version : [PC] AC3 not working with x360ce

No-Puhi
12-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I have some problems setting up my generic USB controller with this game.
If i try to use it without the x360ce emulator, the buttons are all mapped wrong and the game doesnt pick up on the button press all of the time.
When i do install x360ce the controller works fine, the game is reading buttons properly but the game crashes 2-15 minutes after startup.

Is there anyone here that managed to set up this controller emulator and play the game without any problems. I really dont like playing with keyboard+mouse and would like to fix this issue.

I know this isnt the developers problem since i am using a 3rd party software. I already created a post on the x360ce forum about my problem about a week ago but no one seems to be answering so i taught i might find someone to help me here.

UbiFancy
12-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Hi No-Puhi!

I've moved this thread to the PC forum, as you may have more luck finding an answer to this issue there. :)

strigoi1958
12-13-2016, 06:03 PM
My son uses motioninjoy from motioninjoy.com for lots of games that he cannot get his generic controller working, If you have win 10 there may be a problem with the driver but there is an easy fix if you google "How To Fix Motioninjoy(DS3) Error in Windows 10" this program seems to work on all controllers on all games. Hope that helps

USASgtNickFury
12-14-2016, 02:37 PM
No- Puhi Yes I have it setup and it works good. I tried to make a Steam Guide on how to do this but it would let me, as I own the game via Ubisoft. So I will make a post here on how it's done.

The program is x360ce_x, which is an emulator for the Xbox 360 controller. So I downloaded the 64- bit (they offer both 32 and 64) depending on the game you are running. As the file is on GitHub I felt safe getting it there. Norton (or your anti-virus) will want to stop you from downloading / install it, but just click ok.
I. Download either 32 or 64 bit depends on game being 32 or 64 bit. Download file here: https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce
2. Extract to AC3 folder normally here C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed III
3. Then right clicked on the exe and run as an administrator. It will update its data base from the internet and then install itself. NOTE: Norton (or your anti-virus) will want to stop you from install it, but just click ok. Right click on the x360ce_x.exe in the Crew folder and then Send to > Desktop (create short-cut) this will make it easier for you to edit your controller setup later.
4. NOTE ! : Before you open the program for the first time MAKE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING
Open your windows explorer and go to the following directory
C:\ProgramData\X360CE and make sure the administrator and / or if you have a online Microsoft Account that you sign on to the computer with, permissions are set to full for all three files, OR YOU WILL GET AN ERROR

Here is the link to my Steam Guide for GTA V. Just follow it and use the AC3 game info instead. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573253647

Here is a link to the How to Use info online.
http://ngemu.com/threads/what-is-x360ce-and-how-to-use-it.154965/

No-Puhi
12-31-2016, 02:39 PM
I followed the steam guide but the game is still freezing and crashing after a couple of minutes.

strigoi1958
12-31-2016, 02:49 PM
did you try motioninkoy ?