PDA

View Full Version : I can't start Freedom Cry?!

Ger-Mantarochen
12-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, I bought Freedom Cry as a DLC, activated it, downloaded it. Now it is in my DLC list for AC IV but I can't find a button or anything to start it.

Edit: I found out that I have to click the button with Adewales face on it in the main menu. But when I do that, it just opens my browser and leads me to the Ubisoft Shop.

strigoi1958
12-11-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm not absolutely certain but I think Freedom Cry was released in 2 ways. A standalone game or as DLC for Black Flag. If that is correct and you have the DLC version, you may need to have Black flag installed and start it from the blag flag game menu.

EDIT I just read it may be in the menu in the top right corner under AVELINE.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-11-2016, 06:12 PM
EDIT I just read it may be in the menu in the top right corner under AVELINE.

Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb6refJDmO4 In the first seconds of this video, you can see that there is "Freedom Cry" in the top right corner. But in my Black Flag main menu it just says sth like "click here for more adventures" and when I click it, it opens the Ubisoft shop.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 02:16 AM
did you buy the game and dlc from the same place? Uplay/ steam? I ask because I think Steam DLC does not work unless you have bought the game from steam.... if you bought the game from uplay and freedom cry from steam or somewhere that sold you a steam DLC then I do not think they will work together. But if not, I'm assuming you have gone into DLC and downloaded it.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-12-2016, 10:37 AM
did you buy the game and dlc from the same place? Uplay/ steam?

Yes, I bought both on Uplay.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 05:43 PM
I didn't get freedom cry DLC and so I'm not sure if this will help but, when I go to my library, I click on my game and it takes me to the "play" screen (like in the picture) and that is where I download my DLC. I was wondering if you have downloaded the DLC since you bought it, or are just going into game first?

Click the picture to make it bigger
http://i.share.pho.to/25ffe600_c.png (http://pho.to/AYe8N)

Ger-Mantarochen
12-12-2016, 09:45 PM
I was wondering if you have downloaded the DLC since you bought it, or are just going into game first?

Yes, after buying the DLC it downloaded. And I do also have such a DLC list like yours. But I don't have an "uninstall"-button for it.

Btw I have already tried to fix it by reinstalling the game but it did not work. I should add that all the files from the Documents folder were not deleted though.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Ok, the only time I had a problem like this was on steam and I bought DLC from ebay and the DLC was for a different region, I put the code into steam and activated it but I couldn't play it, but as you bought both through Ubi-store there shouldn't be a problem. It's unusual so I'll see what I can find.

I've seen a few replies, some say you must get to a certain sequence before you can access the DLC, someone else contacted support who sent them another key which they activated.

I'm not sure if this will help but go into uplay, in the top right corner will be your name and avatar picture, click on the picture and it will open a menu, go to account information. then go to my games, do not click on show key, click on the words Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and it should open up a list of DLC. It might say Activate key in there but if not you could show the dlc key and copy it and try to activate it again.

Click picture to make it bigger

http://i.share.pho.to/277f8061_c.png (http://pho.to/AYfB8)

Ger-Mantarochen
12-12-2016, 11:10 PM
It might say Activate key in there but if not you could show the dlc key and copy it and try to activate it again.

Freedom Cry is listed but there is no button for showing the key. I know it is really weird. Do you think it would help to contact the support? Cause I still have the order confirmation email.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Yes definitely contact support because they can check in case you need a key.

pojeb_sa
12-14-2016, 03:08 AM
Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. It says I own the DLC. Bought it from Uplay. Can't see the key for freedom cry eventhough it is listed there. Can you please tell me once you find out the solution.

Thank you.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Can you please tell me once you find out the solution.

Thank you.

I sent a ticket to the Ubisoft Support on monday. I will tell you as soon as they answered.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-16-2016, 03:02 PM
Still no answer, whats wrong there..

lukearcus
12-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Having the exact same problem here, have you been able to get any further?

pojeb_sa
12-18-2016, 06:32 PM

Nah man. I have already mesaged them three times since 12th December and they still haven't answered. Great support from Ubisoft. One has purchased game from tham which he can't even access and they don't care anymore. You already paid for it so apparently they are going to ignore us now. Thumbs up Ubisoft.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-19-2016, 12:11 AM

No, not a single f****** answer from Ubisoft.... Worst support I have ever experienced. You pay for a game, you can not play it and the Publisher won't help you. Just unbelievable.

pojeb_sa
12-22-2016, 12:23 AM
please tell me that they are f****** kidding us right now. I don't know how about yu but Ubisoft still doesn't give a f**** about my case. What the f****? how do they call this sh** a support? f****** hell. i am so pissed off

strigoi1958
12-22-2016, 12:31 AM
Ubisoft has just given us 7 free games and a free new map in Rainbow 6 siege and I would imagine support is getting a lot of tickets at this moment, not just ac3. Every support ticket I've opened with any company, from Steam to Bethesda, warner, Rockstar etc... has always taken a week minimum, we need to realise there are millions of gamers and a few hundred or thousand support. They'll get to you but there's no way of us jumping the queue... happy holidays merry Christmas

pojeb_sa
12-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Ubisoft has just given us 7 free games and a free new map in Rainbow 6 siege and I would imagine support is getting a lot of tickets at this moment, not just ac3. Every support ticket I've opened with any company, from Steam to Bethesda, warner, Rockstar etc... has always taken a week minimum, we need to realise there are millions of gamers and a few hundred or thousand support. They'll get to you but there's no way of us jumping the queue... happy holidays merry Christmas

For some reason I hold an opinion that cases of those of us who actually paid for the games should be solved first. I paid for that DLC so I expect to be able to play it. I appriciate them giving us 7 free games but that is not an excuse for this kind of support they are giving us. My previous experience with support in Steam or Rockstar for example is answer within 3 days. Just sayin. Even for my previous case with Ubisoft support, i recieved answer the same day i submitted the case. Yes there are millions of gamers but most of them don't contact support so from my point of view that is pointelss argument. I don't want to jump the queue. I just want them to do something about the queue and not to leave it ridiculously long.

strigoi1958
12-22-2016, 01:51 PM
how can they tell who paid and who got a free game? and what if someone has bought 1000 of ubi stuff and only have a problem with their free game while someone else has only bought 1 game and DLC on offer, then who should have priority?... I'm just saying there are probably a lot of people who have contacted support especially with so many free games just given away plus the release of Watch dogs 2 and steep and bonus map in R6 so they're probably very busy and they are dealing with them in order. I know it can be frustrating to wait, I usually play a different game or continue the main game if I haven't finished... if I have I try to get 100% sync in the memories where I sucked (usually all of them) :)

I don't think Rockstar have released a new game for a few years so that probably reduces the number of tickets.

Ger-Mantarochen
12-23-2016, 01:06 PM
If Ubisoft cant answer all tickets this fast, they could at least try to help in the forum.

strigoi1958
12-23-2016, 02:10 PM
The forums are just for us fans and players to help each other when we need help in a game or discuss ideas etc... it is also good if we have a problem and find what causes it or, better, what fixes our pc so the game can run... then we pass it on to others who might have the same problem.

So it's like a friendly chat group with help and support from each other, but the moderators are always around keeping an eye on things, they pick up on ideas, suggestions and anything that pops up and needs to be relayed back. It may seem as though they are not here because they do not write in every thread but they do read every thread. In the past some posts have been picked up by a moderator and taken further but as for helping in the forum....

The reason why it is always best to go through support is that they keep a log of problems and solutions, your ticket actively helps others later with similar problems. I hope you get it soon.

lukearcus
12-30-2016, 11:30 PM
Have managed to talk to customer service and they gave some troubleshooting stuff, ended up sending me an email telling me to reinstall uplay, run in admin mode and verify files. This did nothing at all, just wondered if anyone else had heard back yet?

pojeb_sa
12-31-2016, 02:25 PM
Have managed to talk to customer service and they gave some troubleshooting stuff, ended up sending me an email telling me to reinstall uplay, run in admin mode and verify files. This did nothing at all, just wondered if anyone else had heard back yet?

No. Apparently Ubisoft Support is struggling with turning on their computers so they can not asnwer us. Or maybe they have no idea how to use keyboard. I don't know. And reinstalling uplay and verifying files. If that is the best idea they have we are doomed guys. They might as well advice us to turning the game off and on again.

strigoi1958
12-31-2016, 02:35 PM
I saw in another post about some different problem, the guy rang support. Support re-added the game to his account and it generated a key that fixed the problem so maybe thatis all that's needed with this problem.

pojeb_sa
01-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Customer Support, my name is Marta and I'll be helping you.
I would like to start by apologising for the time that I have taken to get back to you on this ticket. We aim to reply within 48 hours, sadly this is not always possible. We are doing our best to improve our service to ensure our responses are as quick as possible.

In order to access Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry you should have the option on the top of the Main Menu. Please take a look at our support page where the images may guide you on the Menu:

- https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025772/Accessing-the-Freedom-Cry-Content/

If the issue persists please send us the code used for the DLC as the proof of purchase so we can investigate further.
I'll be looking forward for your reply and always feel free to reach us.

I am so happy for this help. Now it is working. or maybe not. What a great support. When I say I can't access ii i mean i can't access it. I can't even believe this.

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 05:51 PM
did you ask them to re add the game to your library as this is what worked for others?

pojeb_sa
01-02-2017, 08:12 PM
well they asked for my code in cane I need any further assistance which I do not have because the option to show key doesn't come up in my uplay. I explained this to them and they asked for some .txt files from Ubisoft Game Luncher. I sent them those and I am waiting for reply now. I hope they will come up with some sort of solution for me as soon as possible,

Ger-Mantarochen
01-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Today they finally answered me too and asked for the purchase confirmation. I am so glad :D

AtlanGEDC
01-04-2017, 01:10 PM
I had a reply from support and was asked to upload a picture of my AC 4 codes ( the Freedom Cry code is missing there as i told)

2 days later i get answer that this will be forwarded to the "Team in Charge"

okeeee, why get this kind of problems to people not in charge?

additionally i find it quite strange that i can see all of my ubisoft purchases inside the uplay client. But the web shop claims that i never ordered anything.

in my opinion its a shame that UBI has such a poorly programmed frontend to the customer.

i told them the problem not being able to play the DLC
i told them about the absence of any opurchases in the webshop
i told them about more people with this problem.

checking my account they would have seen that i ordered and that the client states i own the DLC, yet i should upload pictures of my account?
and nobody in charge was informed before today?

Ger-Mantarochen
01-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Okay guys, I got a new answer. They told me that they didn't receive my email confirmation but they could find my order for Freedom Cry though. So she sent me a key, I used it and now it works :D

HAWAIIAN_1118
01-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Okay guys, I got a new answer. They told me that they didn't receive my email confirmation but they could find my order for Freedom Cry though. So she sent me a key, I used it and now it works :D

Now how long is the wait. I never got answered.

Ger-Mantarochen
01-13-2017, 07:48 PM
Now how long is the wait.

It took them almost one month for the first answer and then 4 days for the second one.

pojeb_sa
01-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Now how long is the wait. I never got answered.

I created my case on 12.12. 2016. So far I got two answers but they still didn't solve it for me. Last answer was on 2nd January.

HAWAIIAN_1118
01-14-2017, 03:35 PM
ok thanks I'll hang tight then.

Ger-Mantarochen
02-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Oh great.. You know guys I bought the AC bronze pack including AC Rev with the "lost archive" DLC. And I have EXACTLY the same problem there as with the Freedom Cry DLC.. GJ Ubisoft hahah