PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Poor PC optimisation

HoopsBass
12-10-2016, 10:50 PM
AC3 has been out for four years now yet still runs poorly on PC. When I say say poorly I mean the dips into the low 30fps. Why has this not been addressed yet Ubisoft?

There are most likely more people playing the game right now than there has been since 2012 - 2013. Many would have picked up the free game simply to finally enjoy playing AC3 on hardware that can run the game at a solid 60fps. Yet as far as I know not even a gtx1080 will run this game at a solid 60fps at all times.

My rig runs AC unity with overall better performance at max settings...

strigoi1958
12-11-2016, 01:47 AM
Please tell us your specs. There is a guy on here with a 1060 who made 1 change in settings and his FPS jumped from 40 to 50 fps to 100 FPS.
The problem is game makers make games then Nvidia and AMD make settings, some settings improve the looks, some make the game look ugly but they all damage performance either a little or a lot.
It's like buying a ford car, covering it in heavy bodywork and spoilers then complaining to ford that now it weigh 500kg more it is not as fast any more :)

Some people are blinded by the words MAX and ULTRA and 60 FPS and do not know that settings can be altered and make games look better and run faster but they don't want to change settings because they believe ULTRA is the best when it usually is not, and they think their system is always good enough to max every game at 60 fps.

I played Mafia 3 the day it released locked at 30 FPS and it was brilliant, 300 FPS wouldn't have made it a better game.

I am currently playing AC3 at 2560x1440 and even made the game look dark and ugly by setting everything to max and I'm still getting a constant 60 FPS with vsync on.

Don't be one of those people who never use settings, who do not know how to make a game look and run right.

Below is a chart from a pc playing Batman Arkham city using 2 titan x gpu's in SLI (€2000 of gpu's and only averaging 84 FPS with MSAA set to 8x) imagine how few FPS a single 1080 would get

You can see msaa x8 cuts the avg fps in half, also the visual difference between 4x and 8x is not noticeable but 8x really impacts FPS. Play with your settings, find what looks nice to you and ignore FPS counters

...................................Avg. FPS......................Max FPS..........................Min FPS
No AA...........................161.................. ............224................................... ..57
MSAA 8x........................84...................... ........166......................................4 4
FXAA (high....................154...................... .......204......................................60
TXAA (high)...................98....................... .......118.......................................6 7