PDA

View Full Version : Feedback - Invasions are a huge step back from Watchdogs 1

Reegeee
12-10-2016, 04:07 AM
Pretty much all in the title. The invasion multiplayer is just terrible compared to the first game. Its just not fun. Its such a shame, I loved it in the first game, a really unique multiplayer mode where there was tension, panic, great chases across the city etc. has been replaced with a guy sitting down in the middle of the street piloting a miniature helicopter.

It was like the one thing that was pretty much universally enjoyed by players in the first game. Why change it?

I can't think of a bigger **** up in all my time of gaming, theres not one change that was made to this mode thats a positive. Having to hack immediately and then hide very close to them was a bad idea. Yes, you can follow them around and wait for them to get to a place were theres a good spot, but sometimes that can take forever, and its so annoying when there is a fantastic spot just out of range. The hacking of vehicles - ruins any awesome cross city chases like in WD 1. The X-ray vision - Literally destroys the whole point of the game! Combined with the chopper and its basically now utterly rubbish. It means you quite literally can't hide unless you have a roof over your head, and even then the chopper spots hackers instantly through shop windows.

I'm leaving my feedback here, but honestly, I don't think this can be fixed. There is just too much here that is completely wrong, its an absolute disaster in my opinion.

God damn, I was really looking forward to it as well.

forpostingthis
12-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Pretty much all in the title. The invasion multiplayer is just terrible compared to the first game. Its just not fun. Its such a shame, I loved it in the first game, a really unique multiplayer mode where there was tension, panic, great chases across the city etc. has been replaced with a guy sitting down in the middle of the street piloting a miniature helicopter.

It was like the one thing that was pretty much universally enjoyed by players in the first game. Why change it?

I can't think of a bigger **** up in all my time of gaming, theres not one change that was made to this mode thats a positive. Having to hack immediately and then hide very close to them was a bad idea. Yes, you can follow them around and wait for them to get to a place were theres a good spot, but sometimes that can take forever, and its so annoying when there is a fantastic spot just out of range. The hacking of vehicles - ruins any awesome cross city chases like in WD 1. The X-ray vision - Literally destroys the whole point of the game! Combined with the chopper and its basically now utterly rubbish. It means you quite literally can't hide unless you have a roof over your head, and even then the chopper spots hackers instantly through shop windows.

I'm leaving my feedback here, but honestly, I don't think this can be fixed. There is just too much here that is completely wrong, its an absolute disaster in my opinion.

The online hacking invasions in Watch dogs 1 got destroyed from idiots that did nothing but camp and take advantage of a bug in the game that let you know someone entered your game when they weren't supposed to, players also took advantage of the fact that as soon as a player entered the game the map had a purple icon on it showing you how close the person who invaded you was. That purple circle should have ONLY shown up AFTER you successfully hacked.

First of all the invasions aren't a problem/blessing it's the individual player that causes your experience to be good or bad and if players start using online in a manor it was not intended for and that catches on, then it doesn't matter how good or bad the online is, the players have wrecked it.

The drone should have been disabled in this game because people are stupid and will never do any real work to earn their rewards

Sorry but I have to disagree with you about the online hacking in Watch Dogs one was great. It was terrible because all people did was camp and tried killing you before you could even get the objective done. It's called online tailing or Online hacking for a reason, and people turned that into it I'll kill you before you can do the objective by taking advantage of exploits. Not too mention cheating.

Panmisiek2012
12-10-2016, 01:27 PM
There is different issue here.

I see online invasions being worse but from absolutely different point of view as you guys.

I personally liked the first WD experience. I even enjoyed when I got hacked and guy run as far as possible. It was all fun and tension for both of us. With this new bullshlt funded by Ubi its very difficult to enjoy not only this particular MP modes but the entire game itself. I made full rant post just now.

Reegeee
12-10-2016, 02:24 PM
The online hacking invasions in Watch dogs 1 got destroyed from idiots that did nothing but camp and take advantage of a bug in the game that let you know someone entered your game when they weren't supposed to, players also took advantage of the fact that as soon as a player entered the game the map had a purple icon on it showing you how close the person who invaded you was. That purple circle should have ONLY shown up AFTER you successfully hacked.

First of all the invasions aren't a problem/blessing it's the individual player that causes your experience to be good or bad and if players start using online in a manor it was not intended for and that catches on, then it doesn't matter how good or bad the online is, the players have wrecked it.

The drone should have been disabled in this game because people are stupid and will never do any real work to earn their rewards

Sorry but I have to disagree with you about the online hacking in Watch Dogs one was great. It was terrible because all people did was camp and tried killing you before you could even get the objective done. It's called online tailing or Online hacking for a reason, and people turned that into it I'll kill you before you can do the objective by taking advantage of exploits. Not too mention cheating.

Yeh, I agree to an extent. At the very top levels of play the hacking in WD1 was broken. For me though it was very rare that I ran into these players, not to say it never happened, but it was rare enough that I could just shrug it off and queue again. For the vast majority of the time though it just worked as it should, you could hide from people in plain sight or standing on a bus stop etc (Because he actually had to profile you in that game). And the last few moments of a hack were normally genuine panic as the circle had close right around you and the guy was really close to you.

In Watchdogs 2 though, its all gone. All of it. All of the things that made invasions fun in WD1 have been taken out. Its an awful, disastrous piece of game development.

A_Colder_Vision
12-10-2016, 03:16 PM

I can't think of a bigger **** up in all my time of gaming, theres not one change that was made to this mode that's a positive. Having to hack immediately and then hide very close to them was a bad idea. Yes, you can follow them around and wait for them to get to a place where there's a good spot, but sometimes that can take forever, and its so annoying when there is a fantastic spot just out of range. The hacking of vehicles - ruins any awesome cross city chases like in WD 1. The X-ray vision - Literally destroys the whole point of the game! Combined with the chopper and its basically now utterly rubbish. It means you quite literally can't hide unless you have a roof over your head, and even then the chopper spots hackers instantly through shop windows.

I've agreed with this assessment in other threads, and will agree with it in this one as well. Online hacking has been a huge step backwards in this iteration of WD. Online hacking was near perfect in WD. The only issue was the occasional camper that got into an unreachable spot for the invader to get to without being profiled and subsequently killed. This is the very reason that a lot of us asked for the aerial drone, including myself.

The drone should have been an anti-camping tool afforded to the invader to tag campers and initiate the hack. That would have solved the camper problem. It should not be allowed for the targets. That completely unbalanced online hacking to the targets favor. Now, with a birds-eye view afforded the target, it's way too easy to spot the invader. There is no more crouching and cornering around objects. Too easy to spot. In fact, you can't crouch to hide at all, else you be easily spotted. Add to that, now, the ability to see through walls. Now that is all contingent on the invader finding a place to hide in the first place. Gone, too, is the time time initiate hack. That time is needed to make the game more competitive, especially since there is so much open space, and fewer places to hide in WD2.

It's great that Ubi placed a better emphasis on the story line, and improved the graphics, but the true replay value in the game was the Online Hacking. With that mode so unbalanced, now, there is very little replay value beyond completing the campaign and 100% of the game.

Solutions to fix this:

1. Disable drone use for targets
2. Disable x-ray
3. Allow time for invader to hide

As a point, I know and talk to on a regular basis almost all the Watch Dogs Star Players that were flown to E-3 and subsequent events. What got many of them noticed was their dedication to how much they played WD even long after it was released and all the way to and through the release of WD2. The one thing they mostly have in common, is that they heavily played online hacking. I would recommend to Ubi to reach out to those Star Players and get their assessment about the new Online Hacking.

Yohon
12-11-2016, 01:33 AM
I can't see how anyone could not agree with this, especially those who played the first game. Drone + X-ray view is just ridiculous for hacking invasions. it's so stupidly easy to spot someone that you can spot them without even actually seeing them first. You can be just spam clicking LB and get the alert to neutralize the hacker and you're like, "oh there he is" Who during play testing thought that was a good idea. Very disappointed.

Nzdog
12-14-2016, 04:18 AM

Sorry, but I will need to disagree with you on this. WD1 online hacking was way better. I played it like A LOT. To the extent that I am in the top WW 100. Very, very rarely did I drop in to a hack where there was a camper sitting - but after playing so much it was easy to disconnect without losing points in the fist 4-5 seconds if you realized from the map that there was a camper. Now I never play it, because graphically WD1 is far behind WD2, but now that I've finished WD2 I don't have any inclination to continue online and enjoy hacking. The no 60 sec start feature has made this very "slapstick", where there is often no strategy to the hack because you're stuck in the middle of nowhere and there's nowhere to hide. Even though WD2 game play was better, WD1 online was far superior. The weapons and hilarious use of the IED on your target was awesome. Now the whole WD thing is disappointing.

Ubisoft, is there any way to fix some of these issues in WD2? Or a comment at all? This has been discussed in many threads...