PDA

View Full Version : Please help! AC3 acting up!

solidipc
12-10-2016, 03:03 AM
Hey all, i just tonight downloaded the free game AC3 from UPlay30. The game boots up fine, And as far as i can tell, having never played an AC game, was working fine.

My problems started when i started to try and play the game. The screen was kind of jumping or juddering, and i could see another me but much more transparent, flicking on and off all the time, as did the surrounding area of the cave. I could play the game, and the cut scenes were OK, and the game seemed to be saving as i went into the cave.

I've tried grpahics on every setting, tried every setting i thought ,might possibly help, but it wont stop.

I'm pretty gutted, as ive never played an AC game before and had been waiting for this one.

Also, the only cpntrols that seemed to work on my xbox 360 controller, were R to run, the movement stick and camera stick. no other button did anything. i dont know if that is how its meant to be or not.

I'm playing on a Toshiba Satellite P50t c .

Hardware is Intel i5 5500U 2.2Ghz - 2.8Ghz
12GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

I can play many newer games on high grpahic settings, so i dont think its my laptop that cant handle it at all. I play Infinite Warfare on 1080p on high grpahic settings, CS:GO the same, MGS:TPP. So i cant work out why this game is having a flicking screen all the time.

Could someone pls give me some help. I'm new to PC gaming, i am a Nintendo fan, so dont do the darkside consoles lol. So im not good at working pout why it just doesnt work like my WiiU games would when i download them.

Thanks for any help. David.

strigoi1958
12-10-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi Dave, I'm a dave as well :) The only time I had something like that was a graphics driver problem, if you do not have the latest driver it might help to download it and install it from nvidia
just google nvidia drivers download the page is easy just select your operating system the geforce 900m series and 950m then search and download the top one version 376.19.

different games have different performance so even if 1 game plays at ultra it doesn't mean any other will get above medium or high or very high but you should be okay in ac 3. as you've already tried changing settings and it made no difference turning things low or off, it is pointing to the driver so I hope it gets sorted quickly.

As for the controller, I think you must have the controller plugged in before you start the game and other devices can sometimes affect it so as it is a laptop, if you have a mouse, don't connect it just boot with only the controller plugged in and see if that helps, and make sure the controller is set in options, not keyboard and mouse :)

Lysette88
12-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I see you are using a Nvidia card - try this solution, it helped me with my shaking screen issue
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/978574-PERMANENT-FIX-Stutter-Issue-Fix-For-NVIDEA-Users!-Forums

Be cautious - you have to remove the AC Unity profile, not the marked AC DX9 in the picture.

Black_Widow9
12-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Can you please try running in compatibility mode?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Thanks

solidipc
12-11-2016, 09:30 PM
thanks to all of you that replied to help me. i really, really appricate it.

It seems to be fixed now. i unistalled then reinstalled it. The problem might well of been that i i paused tne download.alot to play other games. might have messed with iut.

i,ll be looking at the advice about thye nvidia drivers. cheers again 4 the help. much love LV

Black_Widow9
12-12-2016, 03:36 AM
Glad it's working for you now. Enjoy!

Strajder69
12-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Had the same issue, it seems that game has some issues running on Windows 10. I had to start the game in Windows 7 compability mode to resolve this problem.

Lysette88
12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
thanks to all of you that replied to help me. i really, really appricate it.

It seems to be fixed now. i unistalled then reinstalled it. The problem might well of been that i i paused tne download.alot to play other games. might have messed with iut.

i,ll be looking at the advice about thye nvidia drivers. cheers again 4 the help. much love LV

Not the drivers, my advice was about the profiles Nvidia has in it's Geforce experience pool by default - on my machine for example, the existence of the AC Unity profile (not even the AC3 one) caused my AC3 to have a pretty messed up screen in menus - wildly shaking - removing that profile from AC Unity resolved this issue totally - that is what I was referring to.