PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Assassin's Creed 3 save game file location

TailDevil
12-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Hello, I'm trying to move my saves and I can't find the folder in which it needs to be placed on my laptop. I got my files from my desktop from the '54' folder but there is no such folder on my laptop. I was able to go on the Ubisoft folder and I've found similar files, I've replaced them but it didn't work. So can someone tell me what the problem is? Why do I have different folders? Do I need to reinstall the game? PS: I have the same windows version on both PCs.

strigoi1958
12-10-2016, 02:16 AM
if you run it on your laptop and after a few minutes leave the game I'm guessing it should create a saved game(54) folder and then you can overwrite it with the copy.
BUT
saved games are not compatible with different users so provided you are using the same account I'm only guessing it should work.
Also I am not certain if it matters but, have you turned off cloud save in uplay on your laptop just in case your game is saving online and not creating a folder 54 on your laptop hard drive. you can enable it again afterwards if it works and you load up from the copied 54 folder.

TopazScorpion
04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
In Windows 10, the saved games are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<really long string>\<game #>

<game #> are the numbers like 40, 54, etc.... You will need to copy the <really long string> directory plus the right game # inside that directory to the new computer in the same location.

I just copied the whole "savegames" folder plus all subfolders to the new computer and it worked for me.

I believe that <really long string> directory is keyed to your Uplay login (or the game serial #) so you cannot give your saved games to someone else.
Cheers.

Black_Widow9
04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Topaz has the right idea. Take a look here:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025801/Manually-backing-up-Uplay-save-files/

Stormfluff36
07-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Go to wherever you installed uplay and then follow topaz scorpion's reply