PDA

View Full Version : I am new to AC got any advice?

DetroitHiker
12-09-2016, 04:16 PM
I picked up unity and would like to know if you have any advice for a new player.

Lysette88
12-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Hm, things like fluent parcouring downwards (with continuous free-run down until ground level) and using each lift you come across for the first time provides extra creed points. You use these points to upgrade your gear, so make use of these opportunities. Skill points are just acquired by doing missions, so at the beginning focus on missions to get skill points in order to acquire more abilities. Stealth related gear does not give a lot of protection if at all, but it makes dealing with enemies a lot easier, because their reaction time and the time they need to detect you is increased - stealth gear is all what is called "Sans Culottes". Otherwise the first few missions will teach you most of what you need and there is an ingame tutorial, which is worth reading, if you are a first time AC player. Especially pay attention to the description of enemy archetypes and how to deal with them, they are not all the same and you need different tactics in open combat with them. Otherwise make use of tools you get, like smoke bombs and other useful tools, which can conceal you for a little while or stun the enemy - especially helpful when you are using stealth gear which does not provide a lot of protection.

Otherwise you are an assassin (resp. you will become one shortly), not a warrior - assassins kill silently and if possible unseen, open combat is for warriors, avoid it and try to take enemies down unseen. With Sans Culottes gear enemy reaction time is so slow, that you can often walk straight up to them and assassinate them before they start combat - but walk up to them, do not run towards them, because if you run, they get faster aware of your presence and the assassination cannot be executed anymore. You might have enough time even when they start shouting at you already, if you use stealth gear and you are not too far away from them.

kimberleybkay
01-17-2017, 12:09 AM
Thanks, Lysette... I am relatively new to the AC games (have dabbled in ACIII and IV) and am finding that I am really enjoying Unity - the character, the story and especially the city. I have already learned that I need to be very careful about melee encounters in the streets - they often raise the interests of more guards or those guys in the red/brown outfits (Templar associates?). I was wondering what the creed points were all about, as they certainly didn't get me any new skills. Since I had pretty much ransacked the city of Versailles before finishing that chapter, once I was in the Assassin's Guild I purchased the best stuff I could get at the time and didn't realize that it was creed points that were needed for that.

MightyMcSwifty
02-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Creed points also level your assassin rank, there are a lot and the top rank is legend.

Also renovate all the cafe's and upgrade your theatre and do the 5 missions associated with it because it is the main source of income.
Do all the companion missions asap coz they get you a lot of cash, and are so easy.

As the person above me said you are not a warrior plan your way through every mission and use eagle vision a lot.

Razrback16
03-19-2017, 10:38 PM
My advice would be go back to the beginning and play them all in order. IMO Unity is the worst game in the series, by far, so I hope if you find you do not enjoy it, you don't judge the entire series on it. Just about all of the games are great aside from Unity. Play them in order my friend. It's a fantastic series with a great story.