PDA

View Full Version : Why game freezing for few seconds every 10 minutes or so?

Dani3lNL
12-09-2016, 01:10 AM
Could it be caused by the fact that I have Steep installed on external USB 3.0 HDD ?

rotoculteurs
12-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Could it be caused by the fact that I have Steep installed on external USB 3.0 HDD ?

Im having the same issue and my game is installed on a internal SSD
So no the USB HDD is not the problem

mongfevned
12-10-2016, 06:28 PM
should be a prob on your RAM or graphic card Ram. try to lower the specs - dont play on ultra - like middle pref and try it again ;)

Jackayl-
12-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Could be a RAM issue, this issue pops up for me aswell after playing for over an hour or so.

I do have 8GB of ram though, maybe there's a minor memory leak going on or something?

GenericError
12-11-2016, 03:26 AM

That could easily cause a lot of issues as using USB is generally a lot slower than using an internal HDD. That means the game can't load scenery/textures fast enough which would cause it to freeze.

I would test it from your internal hard drive first, then if it's still freezing you'll know it's something else like lowering graphics settings, and making sure nothing else on your computer is running that could be slowing it down.

Sometimes having a YouTube video open on another screen, or at the same time can cause issues.
You can also check Task Manager that your CPU load is below ~15% before running the game, otherwise it could be causing issues.

It may also be your GPU overheating, you could download MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU temp to see if it's reaching around 200F, that would generally cause issues.