PDA

View Full Version : I`m getting low fps on AC3 and I need help with it

AleeenAIEEE
12-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Can someone help me out, my fps goes very low to like 28-35 fps. I have Gainward GeForce® GTX 960 Phantom 2gb gpu... it doesn`t hold AC 3 fps, in menus im getting around 416 fps but when im in Boston area my fps goes down to 28 fps, I`m running THE DIVISION perfectly , I had over 800 fps in the Division menus, and I`m having 101 fps locked in game. Please help me out...

EDIT : Whatever I read all the comments no fix for me ... anyhow I don't play a game if I don't get 101 fps ...

strigoi1958
12-09-2016, 02:47 AM
What is your PC spec?
have you tried changing settings?

Games are affected by monitor resolution, ram, vram, different drives (SSD or HDD), cpu not just your gpu, Not to mention programs running in the background including monitoring and recording software such as fraps.

one guy here changed FXAA to TXAA and got a big FPS jump.

I know we like to think our own pc can play every game at the highest settings at the highest FPS but they cannot.

Below is a chart from a pc playing Batman Arkham city using 2 titan x gpu's in SLI (€2000 of gpu's and only averaging 84 FPS with MSAA set to 8x)

You can see msaa x8 cuts the avg fps in half, also the visual difference between 4x and 8x is not noticeable but 8x really impacts FPS. Play with your settings, find what looks nice to you and ignore FPS counters

...................................Avg. FPS......................Max FPS..........................Min FPS
No AA...........................161.................. ............224................................... ..57
MSAA 8x........................84...................... ........166......................................4 4
FXAA (high....................154...................... .......204......................................60
TXAA (high)...................98....................... .......118.......................................6 7

Different games are affected by different settings so try different settings and Assassin's creed 3 doesn't need 60 fps it is very playable at 30 FPS, I just played mafia 3 and it's a great game and it released locked at 30 FPS