PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III Damaged Save File

RPC263
12-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Please help me. I already contacted ubi live chat service they told me my duplicate was gone but it is not. I already had AC 3 and then the free one came out. So, I went to still redeem it and somehow my saved file must have been corrupted. It's like the free version replaced the older version. I had 77% completion and now well...0%. Please help and answer and make live chat service work. It is a miracle to connect to the live chat and somehow I still don't get helped. Anyone ?

strigoi1958
12-08-2016, 06:09 PM
I don't understand why you would download a different copy to the one in your library (unless the old one was steam and you wanted the uplay version) If it was a cloud save then I would say it possibly might still exist but not definitely. If it was saved locally on your PC it might not work with this version.

As saved games are locked to 1 account they cannot be transferred from users so I may be wrong but, I think you will need to replay. I have just started my 5th time.

RPC263
12-08-2016, 06:20 PM
I contacted the chat support. They said they could remove the UBI 30 version and leave me with the "old" one.

Ottomaniac_54
12-08-2016, 09:44 PM
how did you contact Ubi? I did the same stupid action (what was I thinking).

RPC263
12-08-2016, 10:01 PM
I was stupid hell yea. I used ubi live chat.

andynaruto10
12-09-2016, 12:18 AM
I did exactly the same thing. I wanted to see what happens if I click Redeem, so I clicked it. And it replaced my old cd-key with a new one. And my savegames got damaged as well.
But it's good to know they can remove the free version and revert to the old one...
Thanks for this, I really don't want to start a new game + Washington DLC, as I have the game 100% completed.

forink
12-09-2016, 09:35 AM
I was stupid too. How could I solve the problem? Orz

andynaruto10
12-09-2016, 11:42 AM
I was stupid too. How could I solve the problem? Orz

Only by contacting Ubisoft Support. https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Cases/Channel

RPC263
12-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Anyway I have to wait for them. My case has been escalated so the higher ups are looking into it. I m guessing it takes time due to the amount of cases they have not to just remove the UBI 30 game from my account. So I think as soon as they see mine they will do the job right away. Lets hope for the best ! :)