PDA

View Full Version : Announcement The Elite Task Force returns!

Ubi_Yannick
12-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Agents,

In September 2016, we made a strong commitment to improving the game together with you, our community. The Elite Task Force was created to make sure that player feedback would be heard and included in key elements of the game’s balancing. 13 of our dedicated players were chosen to be a part of the first ETF group and were flown to Malmö, Sweden, to take part in a three-day workshop at Massive’s offices on the future development of The Division. The event was a great success, and the ETF were instrumental in helping us create what would become the game-changing Update 1.4.

We’ve worked with the ETF members ever since, getting constant invaluable feedback and insights from them. We’re awed by their passion and their knowledge of The Division and they’ve all proved to us just how important working with our community is as we look towards the future.

In January 2017, we want to expand the ETF program with a second group of Elite Task Force agents. Just like last time, we will invite this group of players to take part in a three-day workshop - this time at Red Storm Studios in Morrisville, North Carolina - on January 11-13, 2017. The workshop will primarily focus on parts that was left out of the 1.4 rebalancing of the game: The Dark Zone and PvP balancing for Update 1.6.

Remember, you don’t need to be a world famous YouTuber, gigantic streamer or podcast hero to be a part of the ETF. If you play The Division, are available on those dates (and possible days before and after for travel) and want to be part of creative and open discussions on the aforementioned subjects, we want to hear from you! You also need to be 18+ years old and have a valid passport (if traveling from outside the US). We’ll pay for flights, hotel and food during your stay with us.

Interested? We’re open for submissions right now! Fill out the form (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/etfbravoregistration), let us know who you are and why you’d be an ideal candidate and we’ll see some of you at Red Storm soon!
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to be a part of the ETF, make sure to listen to Skill Up’s interview with ETF member DeepFriedDave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqg3pLBQt_Y) or read Dave’s summary of the September event on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/52hvtz/my_elite_task_force_summary_and_impressions/).

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
The Division Dev Team

anekkidcowboy
12-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Good luck to everyone who applies. This is an incredible opportunity that I hope you take seriously.

We’ve worked with the ETF members ever since, getting constant invaluable feedback and insights from them. We’re awed by their passion and their knowledge of The Division and they’ve all proved to us just how important working with our community is as we look towards the future.

You're too nice. Stop it.

iluminateth3sky
12-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Agents,

In September 2016, we made a strong commitment to improving the game together with you, our community. The Elite Task Force was created to make sure that player feedback would be heard and included in key elements of the game’s balancing. 13 of our dedicated players were chosen to be a part of the first ETF group and were flown to Malmö, Sweden, to take part in a three-day workshop at Massive’s offices on the future development of The Division. The event was a great success, and the ETF were instrumental in helping us create what would become the game-changing Update 1.4.

In January 2017, we want to expand the ETF program with a second group of Elite Task Force agents. Just like last time, we will invite this group of players to take part in a three-day workshop - this time at Red Storm Studios in Morrisville, North Carolina - on January 11-13, 2017. The workshop will primarily focus on parts that was left out of the 1.4 rebalancing of the game: The Dark Zone and PvP balancing for Update 1.6.

Remember, you don’t need to be a world famous YouTuber, gigantic streamer or podcast hero to be a part of the ETF. If you play The Division, are available on those dates (and possible days before and after for travel) and want to be part of creative and open discussions on the aforementioned subjects, we want to hear from you! You also need to be 18+ years old and have a valid passport (if traveling from outside the US). We’ll pay for flights, hotel and food during your stay with us.

Interested? We’re open for submissions right now! Fill out the form (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/etfbravoregistration), let us know who you are and why you’d be an ideal candidate and we’ll see some of you at Red Storm soon!
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to be a part of the ETF, make sure to listen to Skill Up’s interview with ETF member DeepFriedDave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqg3pLBQt_Y) or read Dave’s summary of the September event on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/52hvtz/my_elite_task_force_summary_and_impressions/).

The Division Dev Team

Since I'm in the States, and not too far from North Carolina, I have decided to give this a shot :)

I hope to meet you guys next Month in North Carolina!

VR_tjmitchem
12-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Certainly worth a shot :)

TheSpaniard1876
12-08-2016, 07:39 PM
I think I have to give this a go, since we're not talking international travel this time!

ZeroUnderOne
12-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Hey Yannick or Gabe, could you guys give us more detail on what you guys are looking to rebalance in the PVP? Are you aiming to make it more or less "ganky"? Are you aiming to eliminate or reduce the advantage of the current meta? Will the rebalance affect pve like the shotgun fix did?

I've seen what some of the ETF member's opinions are on PVP and I can't say I'm comfortable with how their suggestions and attitude may shape pvp.

EV0LiTiLE
12-08-2016, 10:12 PM
I would love to be apart of this. I play everyday, almost 8 plus hours a day, sometimes (Most times) more. I have a great group of guys I play with. My own Discord Dedicated to The Division. With over 85 members, 90% of which are active. We discuss everything The Division, News, Builds, Gameplay/Strats etc...If you would send me a PM, I will gladly give you links to my stats, Discord, etc... I take the game seriously, and take everyones opinions/advice into account whilst playing/discussing the game we all love. I believe I would be a great asset to your team, and look forward to hearing from you concerning any and all feedback concerning this opportunity, as well as any future or side feedback that would like to allow me the pleasure of participating in.

As I say in almost every post to new/returning players on reddit.....

The Division needs you Agent, are you Ready?

Hugo-FOU
12-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Great opportunity and I'd love to be there, but as a PvE fan I'd be a bad candidate. Good luck to all that apply and I'll still be interested to see what changes it brings.

Itaimeister
12-08-2016, 10:58 PM
The first ETF did an amazing job I hope I can be part of this one to finish what they started

Itaimeister
12-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Great opportunity and I'd love to be there, but as a PvE fan I'd be a bad candidate. Good luck to all that apply and I'll still be interested to see what changes it brings.
I would still apply. you never know what valuable input you can contribute regardless of your play style

PhiLoL
12-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Been around for awhile - I am glad PVP is being looked at as it is one of the biggest things that allowed me to fall in love with The Division back in the Beta. Looking forward to the impact this event will have on The Dark zone!

EV0LiTiLE
12-08-2016, 11:53 PM
I believe this will be the strat once chosen and being involved. I feel they are looking for personal opinions as well as ideas surrounding such. From your questions, I believe you would be a strong asset to the team. For, the main fact that you are looking at it from a more analytical point of view. I hope to see you there. Cheers. :)

mr3LiON
12-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Great opportunity and I'd love to be there, but as a PvE fan I'd be a bad candidate. In fact, you will be a great candidate. The DZ need to be attractive for PvE players. And you, as a PvE fan could share a valuable point of view that will help improve the DZ. Do it, dude! Give it a shot!

Bradicus.Magnus
12-09-2016, 01:57 AM
I would love to be on the ETF, but once again, you chose a date in which I am hosting a customer visit at my firm and cannot break away ... just like earlier this year. I have almost 800hrs of game play and am such a huge fan of The Division. Best of luck to the ETF, 2nd Wave. Now isn't that a coincidence? "Agent, most of the ETF 1st Wave are lost or unaccounted for. We've activated you for a 2nd Wave. Your mission: increase the fun in the Darkzone and throughout New York. We're all counting on you. Take Charge Agent!"

GrumpyOrk
12-09-2016, 02:23 AM
Just threw my hat in the ring.

To quote a bad - BAD - Kevin Costner film

"Let's do some good."

Tactical_Vegan
12-09-2016, 03:58 AM
I would like to apply for "EVOLiTiLE".

Thanks for the consideration.

Hyde0709
12-09-2016, 04:29 AM
Great opportunity. Thank you Massive for doing this!

tropolite
12-09-2016, 06:43 AM
So if someone applied to attend the ETF last September (console), but was not one of the lucky ones is that person still allowed to apply for this latest ETF round? I'm not a huge PVP'r but I have some great ideas for the game that included PVP mechanics.

Neumeusis
12-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Hello !

Just a thing that must not be forgotten : if you live outside of the US (Europe for example), you'll have to fill an ESTA Application (https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/application.html) to enter the US territorry.
Cost $14.
And is mandatory.

Kahdir
12-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Signed up (Fuzzy Belvedere), hope I'm picked 🇺🇸
Casual console (Xbox1) gamer with over 40 days of playtime. Mostly solo, PvE, with only 10 Rogue kills (pre 1.2), I farm the DZ in groups (facebook SHD & UEG)
Would like to see a PvE DZ with Hunters and a Hunters gear set to counter Checkpoint/Safe House camping Rogues 😎
Best of luck to all that apply 👍

Kahdir
12-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Signed up (Fuzzy Belvedere), willing to drive down to NC.
Casual console (Xbox1) gamer with over 40 days of playtime. Mostly solo, PvE, with only 10 Rogue kills (pre 1.2), I farm the DZ in groups (facebook SHD & UEG)
Would like to see a PvE DZ with Hunters and a Hunters gear set to counter Checkpoint/Safe House camping Rogues

Best of luck to all that apply.

PlayerNerf
12-09-2016, 09:11 PM
I aplied (orng2k xbone) and love only 20 min from the studio. I hope this improves my chances.

Also if anyone want to know more about the area or anything id gladly help. (Morriseville is where the raleigh durham airport is and is about 10 or 20 min north west of downtown raleigh for those of you wondering.

NeptuneStrix
12-10-2016, 02:19 AM
I would welcome the opportunity to be a part of the Elite Task Force for what is easily my favorite game of all time!
My name is Richard and I am 46 years old and would consider myself a casual to moderate player, as I work full time and play for about 2-4 hours a night, 4-5 times a week.
I would consider myself a jack of all trades, with my favorite activities being HVT missions, named boss hunts for gear and Dark Zone farming runs. :cool:

In the Dark Zone, I am usually a solo player and spend my time farming. I avoid PVP as much as I can, as I am usually running solo and in fact, I usually flee other players but I do OK in fights where I have to protect an extraction or I get jumped. I know every nook and cranny of every extraction zone and where to hide where no one finds me and I favor and have always favored, an Assault Rifle / SMG build. I have been playing the game since day one and am still playing the game and it is now the game that I have played the longest without break.

My play style is VERY diverse and have tried every gear set combo and play style but favor a face-tank build, with my main character running 5x Predator with Savage Gloves. My 2nd Character is built for the DZ and is 3x Striker and 3x Banshee, but goes 4x Banshee in the DZ and my 3rd is 3x Final Measure and 2x Frontline for Protection from Elites with Savage gloves and this will be the character I take through the Underground on Challenge mode from now on. My goal is to find the God roll Alpha set so I can run that, as I love Assault Rifles, but for now, the Predator's Mark is my go-to set. :D

I was actually a Sergeant in the US Army (Airborne) and stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and know the Cary area VERY well, although it's been some years, LoL!
I have also fired a few of the weapons in The Division, so playing the game is a great way to customize some of my favorite guns and provides incredible diversity in play.

Anyhow, I would love to be part of the team, so if you are looking for an older salty Division addict, please choose me! :) :cool:

MonsterOfMyOwn
12-11-2016, 11:39 AM
The workshop will primarily focus on parts that was left out of the 1.4 rebalancing of the game: The Dark Zone and PvP balancing for Update 1.6.

I'm really worried about that. for the sake of PvP some PvE options already have been nerfed to the ground (SMG, M870, damaging stickies, etc)

I don't like the actual PvP modes in this game, shooting in the back and bullying people is not my kind of game. So I would really be disappointed if further "PvP balance" would lead to even less PvE variety.

P1G BOMB
12-11-2016, 11:32 PM
I've played over 1400 hours and I live 15 minutes from Red Storm. I'm applying!!

XVyper123
12-12-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm really worried about that. for the sake of PvP some PvE options already have been nerfed to the ground (SMG, M870, damaging stickies, etc)

I don't like the actual PvP modes in this game, shooting in the back and bullying people is not my kind of game. So I would really be disappointed if further "PvP balance" would lead to even less PvE variety.

I expect these are exactly the kind of things they intend to address at this workshop. The 'bullying' and 'back stabbery' is potentially an issue for many. So there's a possibility such problems are already well known and they may seek to address exactly these issues.

There are many many ways to balance PvP where it doesn't impact on PvE however.
I think the Sticky Bomb does need to have it's damage increased against AI however, but just as Enemy Armour Damage has been scaled down vs Players, various skill damage can be increased or decreased versus AI or Players respectively.

While your fears are valid, I would expect they are not likely to come to fruition. There is much that can be done to improve and balance PvP that can be isolated entirely from the PvE environment. The handling of the rogue mechanic is an obvious point of interest there.

Mondo_tartaruga
12-12-2016, 03:07 PM
great news...I hope to became one of the members

djShiftySeaN
12-12-2016, 04:37 PM
My middle name is DZ and I applied! :D Hope I get selected.

https://s29.postimg.org/z5h5fslc7/2016_12_12_07_34_00.png

III_Hammer_III
12-12-2016, 10:56 PM
In fact, you will be a great candidate. The DZ need to be attractive for PvE players. And you, as a PvE fan could share a valuable point of view that will help improve the DZ. Do it, dude! Give it a shot!

yeah... "remove rogues from the DZ!!!!" or 'punish the rogues with everything you got!!!!" Very valuable point of view indeed...

TAW_Pedrohbds
12-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Demanding a visa for the most difficult, expensive and bureaucratic country to enter is a nice way to exclude a big part of your community. There is not even time to arrange for it.

Maverick_CW
12-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Want to register SO very badly but... if I got in, only question is could I bring my teenagers cause... single mom with no babysitter for a 3 day trip...

bigjimgene22212
12-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Will they trip be paid for plane and housing?

Legoguru2000
12-14-2016, 01:44 AM

I disagree, your voice is as important as those who want a true PVP DZ or something like it. What this ETF needs is input from both sides and not just those who favor PVP.

Legoguru2000
12-14-2016, 01:49 AM
The success of Survivals PVE or PVP choice proves that the separation of these 2 game styles is very much needed in The division in general and the DZ specifically. True PVP players are for the most part NOT interested in gunning down players who are not there for PVP and who often will simply sit there and wait to be killed so they can re-=spawn and start over. yes it suck and can make the DZ a grind but after you do this a few times the players in their for PVP will for the most part stop messing with you because they know they aren't going to get that PVP fix they seek.

Upon entering the DZ a player should have the choice between PVP or PVE. The PVP DZ would be devoid of NPC's or at least a greatly reduced impact so players aren't spending a lot of time dealing with NPC's. The PVE DZ would work like Survivals own PVE mode so players who are not there for PVP can focus on the NPC's. I think it would be great if this PVE only DZ also added Hunters to the NPC enemy list.

III_Hammer_III
12-14-2016, 02:28 AM
I disagree, your voice is as important as those who want a true PVP DZ or something like it. What this ETF needs is input from both sides and not just those who favor PVP.

You obviously didn't read the announcement.

Daddyslap
12-14-2016, 05:10 PM
I disagree with this post in it's entirety. Making a statement about "true PvP players" is a fallacy. The fact is that the vast majority of the players in the DZ do not fit your characterization of a "true PvP player", so building a DZ with only one set of players in mind that make up a small minority of the player base would alienate the majority of players. The fact is that most players in the DZ who are looking to go rogue don't care if you are solo or in a group, or whether those players are actively engaging other players in combat or farming PvE content in the DZ.

I think that fundamental changes are needed to make the DZ even more dynamic than it is. Finding ways to make NPCs more likely to target rogue players based upon their Rogue level including NPCs actively chasing and hunting manhunts would be a start. Perhaps tiered buffs for group size would also be in order along the lines of solo players getting 20% damage mitigation/10 damage output increase would be a start. 2 player groups could get a 10%armor buff and a 10% damage buff, and 3 player groups could get a 5%/5% buff as well.

There are a number of other great ideas that have been proposed, and I have other ideas as well. If /I'm selected for the roundtable, I'll be happy to represent the casual player in this discussion.

The success of Survivals PVE or PVP choice proves that the separation of these 2 game styles is very much needed in The division in general and the DZ specifically. True PVP players are for the most part NOT interested in gunning down players who are not there for PVP and who often will simply sit there and wait to be killed so they can re-=spawn and start over. yes it suck and can make the DZ a grind but after you do this a few times the players in their for PVP will for the most part stop messing with you because they know they aren't going to get that PVP fix they seek.

Upon entering the DZ a player should have the choice between PVP or PVE. The PVP DZ would be devoid of NPC's or at least a greatly reduced impact so players aren't spending a lot of time dealing with NPC's. The PVE DZ would work like Survivals own PVE mode so players who are not there for PVP can focus on the NPC's. I think it would be great if this PVE only DZ also added Hunters to the NPC enemy list.

Bascona
12-14-2016, 07:10 PM
i will first get my passport then, when in time, i will aply!
you're putting great afford in making the game even better for us!
and it's great allready
B.

Bluefoxx3
12-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Would love to try this, but that link sends me to a survey that's closed.

jus4pd
12-14-2016, 09:02 PM
I tried to submit my app for the etf but it's says closed . Why ? And can u help

jus4pd
12-14-2016, 09:09 PM
I disagree with this post in it's entirety. Making a statement about "true PvP players" is a fallacy. The fact is that the vast majority of the players in the DZ do not fit your characterization of a "true PvP player", so building a DZ with only one set of players in mind that make up a small minority of the player base would alienate the majority of players. The fact is that most players in the DZ who are looking to go rogue don't care if you are solo or in a group, or whether those players are actively engaging other players in combat or farming PvE content in the DZ.

I think that fundamental changes are needed to make the DZ even more dynamic than it is. Finding ways to make NPCs more likely to target rogue players based upon their Rogue level including NPCs actively chasing and hunting manhunts would be a start. Perhaps tiered buffs for group size would also be in order along the lines of solo players getting 20% damage mitigation/10 damage output increase would be a start. 2 player groups could get a 10%armor buff and a 10% damage buff, and 3 player groups could get a 5%/5% buff as well.

There are a number of other great ideas that have been proposed, and I have other ideas as well. If /I'm selected for the roundtable, I'll be happy to represent the casual player in this discussion.

I agree w/your original post we pvp whether ur alone or w/a group it's the dark zones no rules apply here and that's the way it should be but what a great idea to have NPC or hunters track us dn or chase us to kill us as well. Whew that would be great love the idea bro love it 2 separate DZ that's just boring part of the allure of the dz is the idea of be careful because agents will go rogue and take ur s..t.

poorshot COG
12-15-2016, 01:50 AM
has sign up already ended? i click on Fill out form and it brings me no where

firebat47
12-15-2016, 03:05 AM
I'm guessing that the registration is closed now as i cannot sign up. ohh well.

III_Hammer_III
12-15-2016, 09:29 AM
so building a DZ with only one set of players in mind that make up a small minority of the player base would alienate the majority of players.

Yeah, let's have the NPCs just attack the rogues... cool.
The DZ is the PvP arena. Don't want to PvP? Don't go there. Your idea of the DZ, like others who want to strictly farm NPCs in the PvP arena, is punishing the people who want to participate in PvP, again, in the PvP arena, to the point they no longer want to PvP, so you can farm NPCs at your leisure. If you want to leisurely farm NPCs without the risk of confronting other players, you have the majority of the map at your disposition, plus dungeons, incursions, HVTs, underground... have at it.

BoGGaNoW
12-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Wow.. How long was the registration even open for. Been busy in the last week and by the time I realized this was happening the registration is closed.
Not even open for a week ?

DaddY.SaG
12-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Agents,

The Division Dev Team

Wow you guys are really awesome. I mean to let the plyers decide want they want in game that the right move.
Out of curiosity when will the team members be announced?

MISTERxExOWL
12-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Is the application process already closed? I cannot access it.

Daddyslap
12-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Wait; please explain to me where you are getting your information as it relates to my idea of what the DZ should be. I did not in any part of my post suggest separate areas are needed or indicate that I was unwilling to participate in PvP. In fact, I argued the opposite. If you are confused about any part of my post, please feel free to either go back and read it again or ask me for clarification.

The DZ is not a PvP arena. The DZ is an area where PvP is enabled within a PvE zone. PvP is intended as a primary gameplay attribute of this area, but it is not required for players to actively engage in PvP to enjoy the content.

I did not state that I wanted NPCs to only target rogues. I stated that I would like to see NPCs be more inclined to attack rogues and I want to see NPCs actively seek out manhunts and attack them.

Yeah, let's have the NPCs just attack the rogues... cool.
The DZ is the PvP arena. Don't want to PvP? Don't go there. Your idea of the DZ, like others who want to strictly farm NPCs in the PvP arena, is punishing the people who want to participate in PvP, again, in the PvP arena, to the point they no longer want to PvP, so you can farm NPCs at your leisure. If you want to leisurely farm NPCs without the risk of confronting other players, you have the majority of the map at your disposition, plus dungeons, incursions, HVTs, underground... have at it.

III_Hammer_III
12-16-2016, 04:15 AM
Wait; please explain to me where you are getting your information as it relates to my idea of what the DZ should be. I did not in any part of my post suggest separate areas are needed or indicate that I was unwilling to participate in PvP. In fact, I argued the opposite. If you are confused about any part of my post, please feel free to either go back and read it again or ask me for clarification.

The DZ is not a PvP arena. The DZ is an area where PvP is enabled within a PvE zone. PvP is intended as a primary gameplay attribute of this area, but it is not required for players to actively engage in PvP to enjoy the content.

I did not state that I wanted NPCs to only target rogues. I stated that I would like to see NPCs be more inclined to attack rogues and I want to see NPCs actively seek out manhunts and attack them.

Please... it's the same sentiment of others, who insist they are entitled to PvE only in the DZ: let's make it harder for the people who want to PvP to do so, so they can farm NPCs in the PvP area.
And don't confuse yourself: the DZ is a PvP zone, not a PvE arena. You said it yourself, PvP is the intended primary attribute of the zone. Sure, it is not required for you to engage in anything, you can run around in there and never fire a shot. However, don't try to make it harder for the people who want to PvP in the PvP zone because you only want to PvE in the PvP zone.

Daddyslap
12-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Again, stop misrepresenting my statements. And please stop trying to speak for anyone other than yourself when you express your opinion.

As I stated: "PvP is intended as a primary gameplay attribute of this area". That doesn't mean that PvP is the only primary gameplay attribute or even the most important, but it does contribute to the feel and experience within the DZ. I cannot fathom a DZ that doesn't have NPCs as those interactions help define the feel of foreboding danger in the DZ. The NPCs are an integral part of the experience, and enhancing that experience to make it even more realistic and dynamic would be a fantastic step forward in the evolution of this game.

Since you seem to be of the opinion that PvP should be the only gameplay aspect in the DZ, have you considered searching for a different game that gives you what you are looking for? Call of Duty, Overwatch, hell, Even World of Warcraft can give you a pure PvP fix if that is what you want. The DZ in the Division was never intended to be a pure PvP arena, and if they changed it to be one, I would probably stop playing along with what seems to be the majority of the respondents in this thread. I enjoy the combination of PvP and PvE in the DZ, and I think Massive and UbiSoft have done an excellent job of crating a game that I thoroughly enjoy.

Please... it's the same sentiment of others, who insist they are entitled to PvE only in the DZ: let's make it harder for the people who want to PvP to do so, so they can farm NPCs in the PvP area.
And don't confuse yourself: the DZ is a PvP zone, not a PvE arena. You said it yourself, PvP is the intended primary attribute of the zone. Sure, it is not required for you to engage in anything, you can run around in there and never fire a shot. However, don't try to make it harder for the people who want to PvP in the PvP zone because you only want to PvE in the PvP zone.

III_Hammer_III
12-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Again, stop misrepresenting my statements. And please stop trying to speak for anyone other than yourself when you express your opinion.

As I stated: "PvP is intended as a primary gameplay attribute of this area". That doesn't mean that PvP is the only primary gameplay attribute or even the most important, but it does contribute to the feel and experience within the DZ. I cannot fathom a DZ that doesn't have NPCs as those interactions help define the feel of foreboding danger in the DZ. The NPCs are an integral part of the experience, and enhancing that experience to make it even more realistic and dynamic would be a fantastic step forward in the evolution of this game.
So, your statement is that PvP is the intended primary attribute, but doesn't mean is the only primary attribute... riiiiiight. There is only 1 primary attribute to anything, hence the adjective primary.
And this "enhancing of the experience" you talk about, who's experience would you like to enhance by having NPCs attack rogues purposely over non-rogues?

Since you seem to be of the opinion that PvP should be the only gameplay aspect in the DZ, have you considered searching for a different game that gives you what you are looking for? Call of Duty, Overwatch, hell, Even World of Warcraft can give you a pure PvP fix if that is what you want. The DZ in the Division was never intended to be a pure PvP arena, and if they changed it to be one, I would probably stop playing along with what seems to be the majority of the respondents in this thread. I enjoy the combination of PvP and PvE in the DZ, and I think Massive and UbiSoft have done an excellent job of crating a game that I thoroughly enjoy.

No. I am of the opinion, the DZ,as you stated, is primarily a PvP zone, that's where players go to PvP, and that considerations should be made first and foremost for PvPers, not PvErs who just want to farm the mobs in the area.

Further, knowing the rules of the DZ, knowing the primary function of the DZ, knowing the developers' intention for the DZ, knowing that everything in the DZ is meant to create tension and conflict among players, it seems it is you who perhaps should consider looking for another game that gives you what you are looking for.

Daddyslap
12-16-2016, 09:41 PM
So, your statement is that PvP is the intended primary attribute, but doesn't mean is the only primary attribute... riiiiiight. There is only 1 primary attribute to anything, hence the adjective primary.

That's interesting; I'm sure you can cite the rulebook on primary attributes where it states that the The Division is only allowed to have one primary attribute for it's DZ. Please link me to that rulebook so that we can validate your fallacy.

And this "enhancing of the experience" you talk about, who's experience would you like to enhance by having NPCs attack rogues purposely over non-rogues?

Again, Don't misrepresent my statements. I indicated that I would like to see NPCs be more likely to target and attack rogues over non-rogues during those engagements as a matter of threat prioritization. I did not state that I want NPCs to ignore non-rogues or to only target rogues. I did state that I want to see NPCs actively hunt manhunts; that would be absolutely fantastic of an experience as both a manhunt myself as well as when hunting manhunts.

No. I am of the opinion, the DZ,as you stated, is primarily a PvP zone, that's where players go to PvP, and that considerations should be made first and foremost for PvPers, not PvErs who just want to farm the mobs in the area.

Why? Why do you disregard the PvE aspects of the DZ when they are an integral part of what makes it so awesome? Why can't both the PvE and PvP experiences in the DZ be valued and addressed?

Further, knowing the rules of the DZ, knowing the primary function of the DZ, knowing the developers' intention for the DZ, knowing that everything in the DZ is meant to create tension and conflict among players, it seems it is you who perhaps should consider looking for another game that gives you what you are looking for.

Why do Division players go to the DZ to PvP? Do they have another option within this game? We both know that answer. Regardless, you are advocating a change to the DZ to remove NPCs and make it a PvP only arena. You claim to know what the developers intended when they created the DZ and that they intended to create a PvP only area, but the evidence directly contradicts your statements because NPCs exist there (always have). The Division is a fantastic game and it already is something that I thoroughly enjoy, so why would I want to see the DZ fundamentally changed from the current PvEvP environment to a PvP only area? I like the game the way it is (sure, there is always room for improvement).

III_Hammer_III
12-17-2016, 05:14 AM
That's interesting; I'm sure you can cite the rulebook on primary attributes where it states that the The Division is only allowed to have one primary attribute for it's DZ. Please link me to that rulebook so that we can validate your fallacy.
Rule book? How about a dictionary? would that do?

Again, Don't misrepresent my statements. I indicated that I would like to see NPCs be more likely to target and attack rogues over non-rogues during those engagements as a matter of threat prioritization. I did not state that I want NPCs to ignore non-rogues or to only target rogues. I did state that I want to see NPCs actively hunt manhunts; that would be absolutely fantastic of an experience as both a manhunt myself as well as when hunting manhunts.
Riiiiight. "Threat prioritization". NPCs don't care whether you are rogue or non-rogue. You are just the enemy. They see you, they attack you. Why would NPCs "prioritize" who the attack? If you are rogue on a manhunt, you run by any NPC, they will attack you. But you want the non-rogues to be bypassed in favor of the rogues. Why?

Why do you disregard the PvE aspects of the DZ when they are an integral part of what makes it so awesome? Why can't both the PvE and PvP experiences in the DZ be valued and addressed?
Because there is no "PvE experience" in the DZ. The NPCs are there to create conflict, tension, competition among players, because, as you stated, PvP is the primary reason for the DZ to be.

Regardless, you are advocating a change to the DZ to remove NPCs and make it a PvP only arena.
Can you point out to me where did I state or advocated the removal of NPCs from the DZ? A quote?

You claim to know what the developers intended when they created the DZ and that they intended to create a PvP only area, but the evidence directly contradicts your statements because NPCs exist there (always have).
I don't claim to know. I know the DZ is meant for PvP. How do I know,? They have stated as much in the SOTGs. They have made changes to the DZ to promote PvP, like lowering penalties for rogues, or adding cutting ropes (which, BTW, was originally planned, as the option of cutting ropes was already defined in the game options at launch, before it was actually implemented in game). That's how I know. That's how everyone knows. The loud and clear announcement of extractions and the wait, the rope cutting, the supply drops, announcing where mobs spawn, all of it is meant to create conflict among players. So on the contrary, the evidence clearly points to what the DZ is meant for: conflict among players (PvP).

And even so, the devs have implemented some features in the DZ to somewhat aid those who don't want to PvP in the PvP zone (yeah, imagine that): they gave you the Banshee set, so you don't lose XP/DZ creds if you get whacked, they made supply drops obtainable immediately without the need for extraction.

Legoguru2000
12-17-2016, 04:27 PM
@III_Hammer_III

Your posts read very much like someone is relies on being able to gun down players in the DZ who do not want to engage in PVP and so any hint at a possible PVE only option (in addition to PVP DZ) scares you as myou might then have to do combat with more skilled players then you'd prefer.

One undeniable truth is that the DZ is not a true PVP area else the extensive number of posts about this point of contention with the DZ would not exists.

III_Hammer_III
12-18-2016, 01:22 AM
@III_Hammer_III

Your posts read very much like someone is relies on being able to gun down players in the DZ who do not want to engage in PVP and so any hint at a possible PVE only option (in addition to PVP DZ) scares you as myou might then have to do combat with more skilled players then you'd prefer.

One undeniable truth is that the DZ is not a true PVP area else the extensive number of posts about this point of contention with the DZ would not exists.

As I have posted repeatedly, my fun in the DZ mostly comes from "cat and mouse" type play. Truth be told, I am getting old, and I have lost some twitch. So normally I go into the DZ solo, I pick up maybe 1 item, whatever it is, just to have a yellow bag showing, and I go around looking for rogues to shoot them from afar and make them chase me, start fake extractions.... stuff like that. If there is a manhunt, I'll chase it.

I do have a sort of regular group I full PvP with, but they usually group up without me because, well, I am old, not as twitchy as they are, and they discriminate against the elderly :) So when I get to run with them, yes, we go full PvP.

And frankly, I haven't gone into the DZ much the past couple weeks, for whatever reason.

I am not scared of anything LOL. Who gets scared in a game? it's not like they are shooting at me in real life. No. I am making what I think is a very simple point: where there is the option other players can shoot at you, they will shoot at you. To get all bent out of shape because it happens in the area where it is allowed, go on rants calling them cowards, sociopaths, pussies, etc., is just ridiculous.

I get people want to farm NPCs, but there seems to be an obsession with the DZ (even though there is plenty to farm outside the DZ), and the prevalent thought that just because the DZ has NPCs, you (the generic you) are entitled to PvE only without being shot in the back by another player. You, like others, keep saying "it's not a true PvP area", but again, regardless of labels or acronyms, it is the area where other players can shoot at you, at any time, whenever they feel like shooting at you, for whatever reason. And, as I stated before, if there is an area where players can shoot at you, they will shoot at you. Yes, there is an extensive number of posts about this point of contention, and the point of contention is always the same: people don't like to get shot in the back while farming NPCs. They try to mask it, alright normally with the same 3 arguments: the DZ is more dynamic (which it isn't PvE wise), more challenging (which it isn't PvE wise), and you get better loot (which you don't).

But I'll tell you... I was roaming around the LZ last night (did I mention I spend a lot of game time PvEing also?), just wasting time enjoying the map and the trash mobs with the occasional boss.. and got what I think was a great PvE idea :), which should be fairly easy to implement as everything is already in game. If I get selected for the coming ETF, even to it is PvP oriented, I promise I will pitch it as "you have to give something cool to the PvErs or they'll revolt'.

djShiftySeaN
12-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Have the ETF applicants that were selected been contacted yet?

XVyper123
12-22-2016, 08:02 AM
At least some have.

mezzatron
12-22-2016, 05:19 PM
The most important thing they need to discuss is giving an advantage to players in cover in this 'cover based' rpg shooter.
In the DZ everyone is running in circles like chicken. Nobody takes cover because it basically is a disadvantage.

Force people to take cover. Instead of giving the Famas a 15% damage boost for no good reason, give all weapons a 15% damage boost for shooting from cover.
Furthermore add 10% damage taken while out of cover. Then you will not have to make any adjustments to armor either.

The Famas talent can also be reworked.

III_Hammer_III
12-22-2016, 06:19 PM
The most important thing they need to discuss is giving an advantage to players in cover in this 'cover based' rpg shooter.

That's hardly the most important thing.

I have a feeling, Massive is going to bring a bunch of youtubers and players who only play DZ, and get hung up is such issues. There are larger issues to the DZ that need to be addressed before cover.

XVyper123
12-23-2016, 04:01 AM
I actually think the distinct lack of cover use in PvP is an important factor.
There are a lot of things to consider, but the fact that in a 'cover based shooter' cover seems to be a hindrance (in PvP) is certainly an important thing that needs to be considered.

People just running around like Rambo's constantly completely ruins the entire atmosphere of the game, as well as causing some serious mechanical issues to the way it is played.

Ubi-gabelikes
12-23-2016, 11:59 AM
The invites for the new ETF were sent out earlier this week. Make sure you check the email you registered with!

/gabelikes

djShiftySeaN
12-23-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get an invite to be apart of the ETF.

XVyper123
12-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Same. That's really unfortunate.

Congrats to those who got accepted.

LtBuzzLitebeer
12-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Truly kicking myself that I didn't put in my info for this trip!

TightNinja
01-21-2017, 01:47 AM
ETF must have helped out a lot. I just read Last stand has traditional multiplayer.That is the one thing the Division needed, and that probably came from the ETF Dark Zone was a nice experiment but it never did it for me. The people who cheated there way to high levels ruined it for everyone else.