PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed FPS issue, not patched?

iwanthaloandpie
12-08-2016, 04:08 PM
So we´re all very happy about the free version of assasins creed 3.
But it would seem there´s still a problem with the port. This includes fps below 60 almost all the time, and no it´s not the hadware:

Radeon R9 390 G1 Gaming 8g DDR5
8G Hyper x Fury DDr3
Intel i5 4690
Monitor res: 1440x900
hyper x 120gb ssd
1tb WD caviar blue

Ive tried to fix it by going into the .ini file as well as multiple solutions posted online, yet no solution is significant, the overall improvement is from 30-40 fps. Which... to me is not very acceptable. i expect at leats 60fps all the time. That is taking into account the performance in all other games.
Is there a tool, mod or patch that can fix this issue?

strigoi1958
12-08-2016, 06:03 PM
By going into the ini file, I assume you mean you copied the multiplayer ini and pasted them into the single player ini to replace everything above the word INPUT
You need to start using settings, your 390 will not play every game in ultra at 60 fps, it is very very slightly less performance than a gtx 1060 but very similar. Another user (with a 1060) on this forum also had about 40 to 50 FPS but after changing his anti-aliasing he was getting 100 FPS. Start using your settings, your system will allow max quality and max performance in some games but others you will need to make minor unnoticeable changes to some settings to increase performance... or turn off your FPS counter and just enjoy the game in it's full beauty :).

I have an
i7 6700k @4.6Ghz
GTX 980 ti
16gb DDR4 @3000Mhz
running from an M.2 drive
playing at 2560 x 1440 resolution and it never drops below 60 fps (or above because I vsync every game)
AND not only do I not expect any game to run at 60 FPS, I don't care. As long as they run and are fun, I'm happy... that is what real gamers want.

Some things you should note.

What you or I personally find acceptable is irrelevant, If I said I find games unacceptable unless they run at 1000 FPS in 4k, no game makers have to spend time and money to get up to my standard.
Game makers make games AMD and Nvidia add extra quality settings that lower performance, If we choose to use things that lower performance of a game, we should complain to the game maker, we should go to the AMD forum and say their settings are spoiling our unnecessary need for 60 FPS.

I just completed Mafia 3 that was locked at 30FPS and frame rate meant nothing, it was great and great games like AC3 are great and even 500 FPS cannot make them even greater. 60 FPS is perfectt for fast driving and flying games but completely unnecessary on stealth games and AC games. But with a little time learning what settings do, you'll get 60 FPS.

iwanthaloandpie
12-08-2016, 07:48 PM
I understand, and i do love the story of the game... but....
Well.. i am certain my Gpu is more than enough to run games at more than 60FPS. as ive used it in almost all AAA titles. But thats not the issue.
I am aware that 60Fps is not always available. But i get headache when playing at 30 or less. And as the game stands right now, it runs on a fully cinematic 24Fps while in Boston which as you know, is the area where youll be present most of the game.
Im just looking for something to allow me to play the game, without getting headaches, or eye soreness...

strigoi1958
12-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Your GPU is more than powerful enough, it's just very demanding settings that's all,

I posted a chart that showed Batman being played on a pc with 2 x titan's in Sli and averaging 160 FPS, when MSAA was set at x 8 it cut the FPS to 84 but visually it made no great improvement.

Play with your settings, MARHUN changed one of his settings and it jumped to 100FPS... to be honest there are lots of ultra settings that make games look ugly or dark. I don't look at whether it is ultra or high, low or off... I look at what shows me the best the game can look for my taste and usually it is a custom setting of highs mediums and ultras.

there are settings that have a big impact on performance but do very little for how the game looks and those settings may change from game to game... don't just set games to ultra, become a master at setting up your settings to get the best quality and performance for you :)