PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 single player causes the game to crash

Atheunknown
12-08-2016, 07:07 AM
I go the free version of ac3 from uplay club, the multiplayer works fine but the single player causes the game to crash

Pelemeu
12-08-2016, 12:02 PM
I have the same problem. When I try to start single player, I get black screen and when I ctrl + alt + del I get the prompt "AC3 has stopped working"

PS: do you by chance have the game installed on a usb hdd ?

Cazimnator
12-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I have a similar problem my singleplayer screeen shakes uncontrollably and i cant get through the tutorial

strigoi1958
12-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Cazimnator http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/978574-PERMANENT-FIX-Stutter-Issue-Fix-For-NVIDEA-Users!-Forums

Atheunknown
12-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Yep it's on an hdd

Toddy-Brinks
12-08-2016, 08:53 PM
The game crash, when it arrives at a certain time from the first cutscene!!!:mad::mad:

bigmac121
12-09-2016, 05:26 PM
PS: do you by chance have the game installed on a usb hdd

does this make a difference?

Black_Widow9
12-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Can you please post your Specs and try verifying your files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000019000/How-Do-I-Install-Uninstall-Verify-A-Game-in-Uplay) in Uplay?

Thanks!

Valdetevarejo
12-09-2016, 11:10 PM
MY PC

NVIDEA GTX970
CPU INTEL I5
SSD 128
8 GB RAM DDR3

i verify my archives anda got a same problem, start a game and a message AC3SP stop working

Black_Widow9
12-10-2016, 12:02 AM
MY PC

NVIDEA GTX970
CPU INTEL I5
SSD 128
8 GB RAM DDR3

i verify my archives anda got a same problem, start a game and a message AC3SP stop working
After verifying, can you please try running as admin? If you still experience issues, make sure to contact our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) directly.

mrianick
12-10-2016, 01:07 AM
You have to install the game on your main drive (C:\) because my game was installed on an external drive and it didn't start.

I copied all the files to my C: drive (it can be put in a "game" folder like C:\games\Assassins Creed 3). I uninstall the game (from Uplay where it is installed on my external drive) then I reinstall the game pointing to my C drive where the files are copied. Uplay will rediscover the files and then the game will start.

It also happen with Far cry 3 (on Steam but I believe on Uplay as well). The game has to be installed the C: drive.

JmzBlond
12-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Lots of people are having issues with this.
Haven't seen a solution that work yet.

Shouldn't matter where it is installed none of me other games have this problem and are all installed on my HDD no may system SSD.

strigoi1958
12-10-2016, 04:12 AM
it used to be that the games did have to be on your c: drive but now they can be anywhere but possibly not an external drive (I may be wrong). but some people have found that by moving them to the system drive it works.... whether it is changing drive or the move did something I don't know but it works for some people.

There are multiple solutions and fixes, the problem is that the game works perfectly on millions of pc's and not on a hundred or two, and it is easy to assume if a game doesn't work on our own pc it is a broken game, not a conflict on our pc. There are millions of different components combinations, plus faulty hardware, software, drivers, malware and viruses out there and assuming out of 5 million sales that no pc's have any conflicts is not reasonable.

The best thing is to go through a companies support as they collect all the data and look for common links. posting here will sometimes find an answer from someone who found a solution but people posting should give information, like specs, operating system, running programs... not just..... game crash fix it. As though the game doesn't work for everyone or there is just 1 solution.

When this game launched I remember there was an antivirus (I think it was) called comodo... and it crashed the game, I think it was only by luck that 1 guy mentoned it and everyone who had it, uninstalled it and played the game, how is a games company supposed to know what software is on our pc if we do not give information?

Lysette88
12-10-2016, 02:21 PM
You have to install the game on your main drive (C:\) because my game was installed on an external drive and it didn't start.

I copied all the files to my C: drive (it can be put in a "game" folder like C:\games\Assassins Creed 3). I uninstall the game (from Uplay where it is installed on my external drive) then I reinstall the game pointing to my C drive where the files are copied. Uplay will rediscover the files and then the game will start.

It also happen with Far cry 3 (on Steam but I believe on Uplay as well). The game has to be installed the C: drive.

Actually it doesn't - I have all my game files on drive E: - my gaming HDD - and they are running fine from there. I installed them from steam though and my steam folder is in drive E: - my gaming HDD is removable, so it could be considered an "external drive", even it is in the pc case - so not even that might be the real issue.

AtomF6
12-10-2016, 02:59 PM
I go the free version of ac3 from uplay club, the multiplayer works fine but the single player causes the game to crash

I have the very same problem. Multiplayer and previous versions are working fine, the AC3 single player crashes.

Black_Widow9
12-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Hello,

Have you tried running in compatibility mode as well?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

KareemWesam
12-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Ok I have the same problem.. and I saw that people uses NvidiaInspector to fix it.. My problem is that the NvidiaInspector do not work at my pc too.. so please Ubisoft fix it.. do anything.. because the game is actually f*cking awesome.. and I would love to continue the singleplayer

Lysette88
12-11-2016, 03:10 PM
That is my impression too, the game is actually very good and despite that so many report problems with the game - after having fixed the shaky screen issue with NvidiaInspector, the game runs like a charm, all settings at max even TXAA is not a drain in performance. This is what makes me wonder, what it might be that some have issue with performance and stability of the game. I do not even have high-end hardware, just Nvidia 760 GTX and an i5 processor - strange, really.

strigoi1958
12-11-2016, 04:40 PM
The 760 is quite a nice card, it replaced the 660 and performance is better than a 660 ti and only slightly behind a 960, the difference is so close (maybe 2 or 3 fps at ultra). It is perfect for 1920 x 1080 :)
@KareemWesam what are your pc specs ? Also I sent you a personal message...