PDA

View Full Version : Can't play AC3

iSmile94
12-08-2016, 04:43 AM
Anyone know that why I can't play assassin creed 3 all single and multiplayer. Single player nothing happen when I click to this and multiplayer always show ac3mp.exe stopped working for no reason. Anyone face the same problem with me.

jn8218
12-08-2016, 05:34 AM
same here .... download the free game ac3 .... keep on crashing on windows 10 on start ......

killer50.
12-08-2016, 09:41 AM
They need to make an update, on windows 7 isn't working..

mattbrown33
12-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Once again, I've got a ubisoft game that i cant play when i want to play it, which is kind of the reason you get a game!

yes this was a free game but it's a joke that ubisoft keep releasing games for download that can't be played. If this isn't compatable with high spec laptops then it should say that before you download it.

I'm running an omen with i7-6700HQ 2.6ghz quad core & 12gb Ram with recently updated display drivers. i've looked all over the internet and seen this problem since the game was first released with no response from ubisoft at all on any thread...absolutely disgraceful

strigoi1958
12-08-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't know about all of the Ubisoft games that I've played over the last 26 years but I think the AC series does not officially support laptops. Also logic dictates that if a game runs on thousands of other machines and not on a few... the problem doesn't lie with the game, there is a conflict somewhere on the pc.

I know how easy it is to immediately point the finger of accusation at a game company rather than take 1 second to consider it may not be their fault, because the reason I joined the forum was to complain and jump in to support any other complaint I could find.... until I found out it was nvidia drivers I'd installed and my steam overlay causing the problems not the fact uplay updated at the same time.

Taken 2 minutes ago on windows 10 running at 2560x1440 constant 60fps in boston vsync on

click on image to enlarge

http://i.share.pho.to/9575454a_c.png (http://pho.to/AYOMO)

albertzer0
12-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Got the free game.
Installed it on my Win 7 Notebook - AC3SP.exe stopped working.
Installed it on my Win 10 Desktop - AC3SP.exe stopped working.
Reinstalled the game, verified the cache, reinstalled Uplay and tried a lot of fixes and none worked.

Uninstalled the game. Uninstalled Uplay. Never touching it again.

Lordcala18
12-08-2016, 11:53 PM
i have the same problem, downloaded AC3 for free and it is not working

AFSFigueiredo
12-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Game crashes on start with me also

i7-6700K
SLI ( GTX1080 - 8Gb x2)
32Gb

Butcherbird59
12-09-2016, 01:33 AM
For me no problems in Win7 - working flawlessly here but I wonder what is the game all about?

While I am still in an early stage I think this is the most boring (role play) game I ever saw let alone hard to control movements and camera view (3rd person view). Yes, this game needs a gamepad!

Nighthunt01
12-09-2016, 02:00 AM
I have that same problem, AC3 crashes when I try to launch it, I downloaded the game recently for the ubi30 promo

Windows 10 pro x64 anniversary updated
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
RAM: Corsair 16GB
Vid Card: Nvidia GTX 1070
Stored on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD

strigoi1958
12-09-2016, 02:03 AM
@Butcherbird59 you can use a controller on ac3, I've played it 4 times since it first came out.

I cannot say too much without giving away spoilers but if you are still playing as Haytham then it is setting the story. The game has lots of combat, stealth, collectables, puzzles, sailing, sea battles, crafting, trading, upgrading and achievement in a plot that has historical characters and references that are set in an interesting time in American history....still one of my favourite games of the last 30 years.

Butcherbird59
12-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the tips strigoi ..

currently I am on a ship under deck playing a board game I have no real clue about even it has been explained but not the game keys. Another problem is non illuminated areas (inside ship/buildings) are too dark.. and I can't find the game's brightness slider under Graphics options. Okay, meanwhile found the brightness slider .. on 6 it's fine. Remains the problem why the mouse movement (moving the character left/right) is inverted hence opposite.

certainly an interesting game but difficulties are already too much for me to enjoy it

MambaTheMamba
12-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Mine is quiet interesting. I can playing the Multiplayer but whenever i want to play Single, all i can is watching the daddy miles's speech then everyone get out of the van then i got a message which says AC3SP.exe stopped working.

What's more interesting is when i try to load that save game, desmond can not seen in the loading. Then the same crash appears again.

I sent a ticket to the support but, I'm still waiting for a response.:mad:

Sorry for bad english.

strigoi1958
12-09-2016, 03:28 PM
@Butcherbird59 iirc there are 3 mini games in AC3. Bowls is really fun, morris takes a little thought but after a while I learnt how to do it, the 3rd mini game is Fanorona and it is too difficult for me but there are a few tips and tutorials on Youtube and google. The board games, you select the piece you want to move, then you select where you want it to go.

As for your controls being inverted, in the Esc menu the options are on the far left. In options there is Controls and Customise Controls...

In Controls you can choose mouse and keyboard or controller and it allows you to slow down the mouse speed (which I need) or speed it up and it has normal and inverted option of x axis and y axis.
In Customise controls, at the bottom is reset controls which you could try if inverting the controls x axis and y axis doesn't work.

Also I see you've played Far Cry 3 and 4 and Assassin's creed games are similar in design with synchronisation point like radio towers and forts instead of outposts and camps. :)

@czencc can you post your pc specs please. Also... do you have vsync on? I know sometimes turning vsync off causes problems with some games.
When a few people have the same problem it can help if we compare systems, because there might be a common link, you may all use the same anti virus or have the same graphics card.

Konensen
12-09-2016, 08:15 PM
after 4 or more hours of trying to find whats the problem with ac3sp.exe i give it up.....there are even posts from 2012 that didnt got any ubisoft support answers, so i guess they cant find a solution and thats the main reason we got it free.....

strigoi1958
12-09-2016, 11:37 PM
If I wanted to always load and play every game without problems I'd buy a console ;) . I hope every game will run but at least 1 per year doesn't, but if a game doesn't run on my pc I think, "it runs on millions of other pc's so something on my pc is causing a problem"

Every console is the same as the next one, PC's (even similar spec) have vast differences in components, software and peripherals, there are so many things that could be a problem it's difficult to guess. I don't expect a game company half way around the world to remotely guess what is on my pc that is affecting the game, but I do go to their forum hoping that it might have a lot of solutions and trying them out, one by one will eventually get me playing. We're just a community of fellow game players here and we want everyone to play, we're not Ubisoft or support, we just like assassin's creed and want others to like it as well. :)

Forums usually ask that people post their specs because if a group of people (even those below minimum spec who prefer not to say) find they all have something in common, there is a good chance it might be part of the problem. Also if you say what you have tried and what didn't work, that helps as well. So your input is very important. If you see a possible solution on youtube or another forum, even if it doesn't work for you, it might work for someone else.

Over the years I have seen problems that are nothing to do with games such as running programs like SweetFx or having steam or uplay overlays running, having a joystick plugged in (how can a game company guess that? :) ) conflicting games, (there's a game with the same initials as an assassin's game and when nvidia makes a profile for it, it overwrites the assassins game profile causing problems. AMD drivers, Nvidia drivers, Just to name a few.

PC's have always had problems, they don't happen often but when they do, we can go to the forum, say exactly what is wrong and give information like specs, operating system etc... that way everyone can see and if anyone knows what fixed their pc they can say so others can try.

Butcherbird59
12-10-2016, 03:02 AM
@Butcherbird59 iirc there are ....
As for your controls being inverted, in the Esc menu the options are on the far left. In options there is Controls and Customise Controls...

Yep, found that my X axis invert was set to ON, dunno why - off fixed it! :)
Okay, much better and I am now in Boston trying to enter that fort - thx for assistance strigoi!

strigoi1958
12-10-2016, 03:57 AM
Glad to hear it, glad to help. :) once you get more into the game, you'll quickly see the sort of things that I also like in far cry :)

angeloo500
12-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Hello guys

I also downloaded the free version of AC3 and had the same problem as you guys that it not worked. I have Windows 10 pro.

Below are the steps what helped me to fix it and play it:

1. when your logged in Uplay go to the games tab

2. Than you see the AC3 game

3. Put your mouse on the AC3 game, and than you will see in the right corner a arrow of the AC3 game, click on the arrow and than you will see a list with differrent options.

4. Click on Verify files and than it will scan through the AC3 game file folder, and I did get the message there were a few files broken.

5. After scannig through the AC3 game files it said would you like to repair the files something like that.

6. Download and install these files.When i did it, AC3 worked on my computer.!!

Hopefully this can help you to. It helped for me.

Good luck guys.

AtomF6
12-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I have already verified the files, that was unfortunately not the problem :(

Hello guys

I also downloaded the free version of AC3 and had the same problem as you guys that it not worked. I have Windows 10 pro.

Below are the steps what helped me to fix it and play it:

1. when your logged in Uplay go to the games tab

2. Than you see the AC3 game

3. Put your mouse on the AC3 game, and than you will see in the right corner a arrow of the AC3 game, click on the arrow and than you will see a list with differrent options.

4. Click on Verify files and than it will scan through the AC3 game file folder, and I did get the message there were a few files broken.

5. After scannig through the AC3 game files it said would you like to repair the files something like that.

6. Download and install these files.When i did it, AC3 worked on my computer.!!

Hopefully this can help you to. It helped for me.

Good luck guys.

Lysette88
12-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the tips strigoi ..

currently I am on a ship under deck playing a board game I have no real clue about even it has been explained but not the game keys. Another problem is non illuminated areas (inside ship/buildings) are too dark.. and I can't find the game's brightness slider under Graphics options. Okay, meanwhile found the brightness slider .. on 6 it's fine. Remains the problem why the mouse movement (moving the character left/right) is inverted hence opposite.

certainly an interesting game but difficulties are already too much for me to enjoy it

Just don't give up, I am sometimes as well running into situations, where I have to do several approaches - you get better with any try and if you are really stuck, look for a good let's play and find that mission, where you get stuck - I can suggest the Youtube channel of TetraNinja - he does quite good AC let's play commented. It might help you to see, how others play, if you get stuck in a mission - sometimes it just needs the right technique to do it - you can learn this from let's play videos - better to watch that than to give up on the game totally.

And do some other things inbetween missions, like collecting stuff, opening chests and other activities, which earn you some coin to upgrade your gear. Sometimes it just takes some better gear to do something with relative ease, which seemed to be too hard before.

MISTERxExOWL
12-10-2016, 08:22 PM
I have the same problem as well. Downloaded as free game, it will not run. Verified filed, reinstalled, installed to a different directory, ran dx diag checked drivers and hardware compatibility. Nothing seems to work. This is the same for ever Ubi30 game I have downloaded, The crew ran one time then never again. Like Ubisoft always says, 'working as intended'....

Black_Widow9
12-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Please try running the game as admin or in compatibility mode.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

If you've tried the troubleshooting and still experience issues, please make sure to contact our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can assist you.

Wizlon67
12-11-2016, 12:10 AM
Had no problems playing single player although I'm having to launch from AC3SP. exe shortcut as launching from installed icon launches multiplayer, which runs so far :-
http://i.imgur.com/OwMWf8a.jpg

Then it goes and does this...
http://i.imgur.com/5bxq8vY.jpg

After which it leaves me here :-
http://i.imgur.com/nUOHjJd.jpg

With this for a user name :-
http://i.imgur.com/LXhb2nm.jpg

With no option to exit the game, leaving me to use task manager to quit out...

I've verified files in uplay, checked firewall, restarted and drank a couple of beers, nothing has helped (I'll try a couple more beers, just in case.).

Anyone have a bead on this?

Black_Widow9
12-11-2016, 01:42 AM
For any punkbuster errors, try this:

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed III\redist\PunkBuster and run the pbsvc program as admin.

If this doesn’t work, please download the program directly here: https://t.co/j8nmtGw7tQ

Butcherbird59
12-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Just don't give up,....

Thx for the tips!
Yep, I am still at it but this kind of (movie role play) game is not my genre - too much like "go for the next banana, chimp" sort of stuff!

Lysette88
12-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Thx for the tips!
Yep, I am still at it but this kind of (movie role play) game is not my genre - too much like "go for the next banana, chimp" sort of stuff!

I understand, AC3 has a quite lengthy "intro" - basically the background story of the parents, especially the father, of the main protagonist - this is IMO the downside of the game so far, it takes hours at start until you will finally have some freedom to do what you want. But you will get there. It is not that much different in the newer AC games, freedom comes with sequence 3 and in those frst 2 sequences major hand-holding is the norm. It just appears to be so much longer in AC3, because a lot of missions play outside the city and distances are greater. These missions in the first 2 sequences are by intention not very difficult, so that new player can get used to the interface and learn combat moves and to move fluently. Think of climbing trees for example, this was new in AC3 and it takes a while to get used to, until one can traverse fluently through the forest up in the trees. There is a lot of hand-holding, but that is by intention - later on there is much more freedom.

Cut-scenes in the animus are those parts of the memory, which are 100% retrieved, so you have no choice when it comes to these - but between those cut-scenes the memory is not 100% retrieved and you fill in the blanks with your free gameplay - it s a possible past in contrast to the actual past given in those cut-scenes. In the end you relive the past in the shoes of one of your ancestors - not 100%, then it would be like a movie, but you fill in the blanks were retrieved memory has gaps. See it like this, then it makes much more sense.

strigoi1958
12-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Lysette is 100% perfect in that reply. And once you get past the beginning it really is like Far Cry.

I never compare games, but I value games by how much fun they give me and gameplay and how much I want to replay them, AC3 is the game I use to set that standard, it is THAT good. If you stay with it for a while I think you will see that. :)

Wizlon67
12-11-2016, 11:13 PM
For any punkbuster errors, try this:

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed III\redist\PunkBuster and run the pbsvc program as admin.

If this doesn’t work, please download the program directly here: https://t.co/j8nmtGw7tQ

Thanks this fixed it.

Black_Widow9
12-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Fantastic! Enjoy. :D

Taoslightning
12-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Crashes on Start

Windows 10 x64 pro
gtx 1080
i7 3.7 ghz
16gb ram
asus mobo

Taoslightning
12-12-2016, 08:17 AM
I don't know about all of the Ubisoft games that I've played over the last 26 years but I think the AC series does not officially support laptops. Also logic dictates that if a game runs on thousands of other machines and not on a few... the problem doesn't lie with the game, there is a conflict somewhere on the pc.

I know how easy it is to immediately point the finger of accusation at a game company rather than take 1 second to consider it may not be their fault, because the reason I joined the forum was to complain and jump in to support any other complaint I could find.... until I found out it was nvidia drivers I'd installed and my steam overlay causing the problems not the fact uplay updated at the same time.

Taken 2 minutes ago on windows 10 running at 2560x1440 constant 60fps in boston vsync on

click on image to enlarge

http://i.share.pho.to/9575454a_c.png (http://pho.to/AYOMO)

Except when that persons pc runs every other games. I own over 300 games that work perfectly. Only Ubisoft manages to have this many problems with games that have been out for this long. It is obviously a conflict within that persons computer but why does every other game work fine? It is a failure of ubisoft to take 5 years + to address a conflicting task.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Because there are millions of pc components and software configurations. Ubisoft makes games, it's not their job to figure out why millions run ok and a few have problems, if a specific problem occurs that they didn't find while testing the game, they will issue a patch but things specific to just a few pc probably cannot be fixed with a patch.

I posted this elsewhere on the forum but when I played Dishonored 2 and tried to run and jump, my character kept moving sideways... it doesn't happen in any other game I didn't think it was Steams fault, or Arkane's fault or even Bethesda's fault... I have a steelseries Apex 800 keyboard and 1 of the profiles makes a "nokia snake" type game start on the keys, that was the problem.... it was only by comparing specs that someone mentioned steelseries (only 1 guy mentioned his keyboard) and immediately we figured out what we had in common and someone found the profile error.

How would Steam or Arkane or Bethesda know I had a gaming keyboard that did that? and would it have been their job to fix it? would they have known how to fix it with a patch?

I've been gaming 30 years I've had thousands of games and thousands of problems, I upgrade my PC regularly and at times I've had to play games on my old pc while I figure out why they don't run on my new pc :) so I definitely know I cannot blame those games :)

I'm afraid when we own PC's we will always have problems that console owners do not get.

We must always go through the process of elimination.
Verify game files,
make sure no background programs are running
turn off any overlays Uplay and Steam
disable antivirus and firewall to check they are not a conflict (when AC3 first came out there was outrage by lots of people telling Ubi to fix it... it was comodo antivus causing the problem and thousands of people had comodo)
sometimes moving the game from one drive to another seems to work
using Wagnards DDU.exe to properly remove every trace of a graphics driver will work.
Then it is google and see what shows up and try that.