PDA

View Full Version : [XBONE+OTHERS?][BUG] Time of day setting has not appeared since day one

Tommysonic5
12-08-2016, 02:36 AM
Just wanted to report that I have not had a time of day setting since my first couple hours of playtime. I don't know how widespread this bug is, but would love to be assured that it will be fixed in an upcoming update. I noticed it is in the Known Issues thread, but does not say it will be fixed. The only way I temporarily fixed it was by travelling & restarting all mountain stories, but the setting is gone again every time I restart the game. Thanks

edit: Workaround found and confirmed working for me!

Found the workaround for this. Tested this numerous times. All you need to do is re-complete the mountain story "The Forest" on the back side of Mount Blanc.

After you follow the rider to the end by the lake, you will be able to change the time of day again.
From http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1532648-Time-Of-Day-not-working

Swizzk0re1312
12-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to report that I have not had a time of day setting since my first couple hours of playtime. I don't know how widespread this bug is, but would love to be assured that it will be fixed in an upcoming update. I noticed it is in the Known Issues thread, but does not say it will be fixed. The only way I temporarily fixed it was by travelling & restarting all mountain stories, but the setting is gone again every time I restart the game. Thanks

same for me on ps4. worked in the beginning then dissapeared to never be seen again.

Tommysonic5
12-09-2016, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the reply.

If anyone else has this issue, please post here about it.

Ghost-RiderX
12-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Hey guys. Yeah I have the exact same issue on my PS4 version of Steep. After a mountain story mission, I lost the ability to change the time of day! Very annoying.

On a side note, I tried to do that method of restarting the mountain stories to get the option again but no luck. What did you do specifically TC?

Wazkyr
12-10-2016, 12:32 AM
Same issue on PC...

lama_svk
12-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Same here...PC...

Tommysonic5
12-10-2016, 01:57 AM
On a side note, I tried to do that method of restarting the mountain stories to get the option again but no luck. What did you do specifically TC?

Hey, specifically I simply went & restarted each mountain story and on the last one the time of day setting showed up. But trying to reproduce the solution did not work as I haven't been able to make it appear again. It was probably due to some other things I had done prior to restarting stories that time I made it appear, for example I may have first visited some of the hot air balloon points or something similar. Maybe it's not even necessary to restart all stories and you just need to travel to a set number of bugged stories. Anyways, I cannot reproduce a solution anymore, and it's not even worth it anyways because by the time it worked the first time, I had encountered 'permanent players' bug from all the travelling around. And this game is not fun when that bug hits because then you can't find other players. And like I said the setting disappeared upon restarting the game. By the way, I had this issue in the Open Beta as well whenever I would start Ortles story.

The closest thing to a workaround I can do now is travelling to a specific drop point that has a time of day I would like, then using helicopter to spawn elsewhere to keep that same weather type. Of course it's not as nice or convenient as being able to change 'time of day' on the fly, but it at least adds some variety to the looks of the mountains.

Also, cache clearing & reinstalling (which was recommended by Ubisoft Support) did not solve any of my issues with Steep, from this setting to loadout bug (workaround is don't wear individual costume pieces), permanent players, not being able to join friends, and settings such as "Activate vibration" and Sound Playlist not saving between sessions.

Ghost-RiderX
12-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Hey, specifically I simply went & restarted each mountain story and on the last one the time of day setting showed up. But trying to reproduce the solution did not work as I haven't been able to make it appear again. It was probably due to some other things I had done prior to restarting stories that time I made it appear, for example I may have first visited some of the hot air balloon points or something similar. Maybe it's not even necessary to restart all stories and you just need to travel to a set number of bugged stories. Anyways, I cannot reproduce a solution anymore, and it's not even worth it anyways because by the time it worked the first time, I had encountered 'permanent players' bug from all the travelling around. And this game is not fun when that bug hits because then you can't find other players. And like I said the setting disappeared upon restarting the game. By the way, I had this issue in the Open Beta as well whenever I would start Ortles story.

The closest thing to a workaround I can do now is travelling to a specific drop point that has a time of day I would like, then using helicopter to spawn elsewhere to keep that same weather type. Of course it's not as nice or convenient as being able to change 'time of day' on the fly, but it at least adds some variety to the looks of the mountains.

Also, cache clearing & reinstalling (which was recommended by Ubisoft Support) did not solve any of my issues with Steep, from this setting to loadout bug (workaround is don't wear individual costume pieces), permanent players, not being able to join friends, and settings such as "Activate vibration" and Sound Playlist not saving between sessions.

Thank you very much for your help Tommysonic5! Very good advice. Let's just hope that Ubisoft will fix this bug in the next update.

Dyrian34
12-15-2016, 11:17 AM
I same problem with setting position sun. When function this I hav nice moment in game but now is 30 % downgrade game play.

Siddman
12-16-2016, 11:17 AM
A workaround has been found here --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1532648-Time-Of-Day-not-working

Tommysonic5
12-16-2016, 10:59 PM
A workaround has been found here --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1532648-Time-Of-Day-not-working

OMG thanks so much! I didn't think it would, but it worked :)