PDA

View Full Version : Feedback about "remember me"

Doonof
12-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Please, feel free to change "Remember me" option in login to -> "This option does not remember you but you can try if it works, we are sure it sometimes does!"
how hard it is to write into (for example) text file "This user has logged in = 1, do not ask login information if "1"

Also 2-step-verification is meant to be used ONCE unless you reinstall your OS (operating system) OR login somewhere else OR logout by yourself

PS. neither does google OR STEAM ask 2 step verification more than ONCE.

One question ubisoft ?

WHY do you had to make own version of steam cause we can totally see that you have no idea how it should be done.

andynaruto10
12-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Steam is old, and at the beginning, it had a lot of issues too. Uplay is only 4 years old, they're trying their best. I remember when it was only Ubisoft Game Launcher :D. Good old times...I've seen every version of Uplay, I've seen it growing and changing. I personally like it. Yeah, it has many flaws but at least they're trying to make it better everyday.

http://i.imgur.com/FBAaj.jpg

RdJ1
12-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Nice picture, when did Uplay look like that?

On topic though, the remember me function in Uplay works for me, unless there are server issues, then it tends to forget and I have to reenter credentials.

What annoys me more are the Ubisoft websites. Pretty much none of them (the forum, for example) ever remember me, even if there is a checkbox for it.

how hard it is to write into (for example) text file "This user has logged in = 1, do not ask login information if "1"

Well, it's a lot harder than a simple text file. That would be extremely unsecure...

One question ubisoft ?

WHY do you had to make own version of steam cause we can totally see that you have no idea how it should be done.

I personally have no problem with Uplay, and I'm not alone. As to why they made their own software: they have more control over it, better integration with their games and they don't have to pay Valve for games sold through Uplay.

andynaruto10
12-09-2016, 06:41 PM
That Uplay version is from 2011.

Yeah, it's annoying when I have to log in everytime on the website. Their cookies are set to expire after closing the browser. Stupid.