PDA

View Full Version : Final Solution for Start-Up Problems

HOoD868
12-07-2016, 08:22 AM
So, long Story short:

The Problem where two things, the simpler one was, UPlay has to be installed one the exact same Hardrive as Steam and Steep.

And the second reason is where it gets a little complicated, Windows 10 and 8 are not automatically (why the fk ever) giving you full Admistrator rights. And no I am not talking about "unlocking" the steam files or steep files like mentioned in many solutions that doesn't helped me. I am talking about this soution right here:

http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-apps-wont-open/

Scroll down to "Solution 2" and follow the steps mentioned.

When it won't work, there could be an order problem, uninstall steep - delete all folders left, delete uplay and all folders left trough explorer. Then reinstall both and try it again. When it still doesn't work do the Solution 2 steps again to apply the changes to the uplay folder and steam folder.

But at the end, the most important information here is that you have to be the owner of your system drive (C), I was thinking I was, but it seems like I wasn't, apperently on win10 and 8, admin isn't admin, you can be a admin with no or only partially writing rights (stupid as fk I know), wich is standard set. With the steps from solution 2 you are the owner now, so steep and uplay can communicate in realtime and can access the C: drive without problems.

Holy **** I hope I could help my friends.

Please reply if this worked for you!

Greetings HOoD

Fireseed
12-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Thanks for this solution. Do you encountered the "3/3 Loading" issue in the main menu?

HackweII
12-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Problem solved for me by unplug / launch the game / plug my USB Hub...

My headphone (Razer Megalodon) is plugged to the USB Hub (D-Link DUB-H4)

HOoD868
12-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Thanks for this solution. Do you encountered the "3/3 Loading" issue in the main menu?

Just came back from vacation, so sry for the late answear...

No, I don't even get to the main menu sadly =(

The funny thing is, it worked completly fine after these fixes - I even played a little bit before going on my holidays.

And now that I am back, I tried it again, aaaaaand it crashes every god damn time, before even starting up!!!

I will switch back to win 7 I can't handle win 10 anymore, problems everywhere out of nowhere, even after I fixed it already.

Win 10 is just fkt for Gamers and Steep is poorly programmed, both combined just won't work I guess, at least for me.

HOoD868
12-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Problem solved for me by unplug / launch the game / plug my USB Hub...

My headphone (Razer Megalodon) is plugged to the USB Hub (D-Link DUB-H4)

I will try that later today, I have a bunch of razer products plugged into my hub...

HOoD868
12-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Sooooooo, apperantly you where right, the last and hopefully fking final problem was that steep just decided he HATES my USB-HUB (D-Link)

because that makes absoluty sense ---.--- ...

when I am unplugging my Hub it starts completely normally

if that is not the definition of poorly programmed I don't know what is holly cow

(Steep waisted all in all about 10hours minimum of 'problem solving' solid 5/7)

HackweII
12-13-2016, 07:50 PM
you where right

:cool: