PDA

View Full Version : motion blur / depth of field

Morrison...
12-07-2016, 07:44 AM
hello,

could you please give us options to turn them off? i really hate this effects, they cause motion sicknes for me. or is there a way to edit a config file to turn them off?

thx!

UbiNoty
12-08-2016, 01:43 AM
Not sure if there is but i'll ask and see! Otherwise I'll definitely let the team know it's causing visual issues for players like you.:D

Morrison...
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
thx for your answer, the best way to see the blur effects is with paraglider, watch the sides of the screen near trees, you will see its completly blurry, it feels like being drunk, whenever i fly with the paraglider im getting motion sick in a few seconds, i would love to have a clear view at the beautifull world (would make the game look much better, too), also at the other disciplines the blur kills the fun for me after a few minutes.

it would make the game much more enjoyable for me if i could turn this off and the game would look much better without it.

thank you for your help!

Tommysonic5
12-08-2016, 02:23 PM
i have played quite a few hours and i'm just lately getting motion sickness from paraglider like you said. i'm on xbox one, but i also would like an option in the menu to turn depth of field & motion blurs off.

Morrison...
12-09-2016, 06:14 AM
If i look concentrated all the time straight at the center of the screen i can play a bit longer, but at the moment i look to the sides (when im looking for a nice spot or just watching the world or other players) i get instantly motion sick, so the only way for me to be able to play this game a while is to look concentrated at the center of my screen and only use a mobile phone sized part of it, allowing my eyes to look somewhere else --> motion sick, i would prefere to have big black bars around my screen that block my view instead of blurry pictures.

i cant understand what the sence of this ugly effects should be, if i look in real life into the distance, there is no blur around my eyes, i see everything completly clear in my field of view (even when moving), so the blur thing is completly unrealistic and makes it just look ugly...
why developers whant that their games look ugly? i never understand this, realism could not be the reason because its not realisitic (maybe its realistic for people that need glasses and dont wear them or for people that are drunk all day, but not for "normal" people).
i dont know any of my friends who likes this effect, everyone i know turns this off whenever its possible...

forgot to say: im playing it on pc (but i think its the same on all platforms).

(sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand what i mean)

Morrison...
12-22-2016, 07:43 PM
i was hopnig so much that it will be included in the patch but still no options for it... any news about it? will it ever come in a later patch or no chance?