PDA

View Full Version : Full Custom keyboard Please

SixBlackRavens
12-06-2016, 08:13 AM
I though it was just an alpha/beta thing but it seems I cannot remap the I-J-K-L keys or even use Alternative keys for I-J-K-L, example (Up Arrow - Down Arrow -Left Arrow - Right Arrow) and still perform tweaked grabs like you can with I-J-K-L to direct the position of your hand before using a grab.Yes I can remap them but the tweaks do not work after any other remap, only I-J-K-L will work.

I have also tried to remap I-J-K-L to Arrows & numpad and I still can't perform any tweaks.

Also having M (map) right under I-J-K-L keys you have to hold to perform a tweak can result in you resetting yourself to the map during an awesome run if you miss the J-K key, that's frustrating.

Right Control is not allowed to be used at all !! why is that ?

I would like to use RCtrl as my Left Grab instead of the awkward L Alt key and I would like to use NumPad 0 as my Right grab key, have you guys ever played the game using the default keys for more than 30 minutes ? if you haven't I'll tell you more often that not my thumb is getting jammed between L Alt and Space all the time, result: sore thumb !!

I did give feedback on this very subject in the closed alpha feedback forums and in the survey and others did agree with me about the key set up, but it seems my words have fallen on deaf ears or you guys must think everyone just plays with a controller. I don't even own a controller for my pc.

I am not in a comfortable position using I-J-K-L with my right hand as I play with my keyboard on my lap and cannot use my keyboard up high on a desk in front of my chest (medical reasons), I would like to use W-S-A-D for player control & Arrow Keys to replace I-J-K-L, I would also like to be able to use the R Ctrl key as a grab key.

My preference for my keyboard setup would be:

W-S-A-D (Player Control)+ Space (Jump) + RCtrl for (Left Grab) + Up Arrow (I)-Down Arrow (K)-Left Arrow (J)-Right Arrow (L)-NumPad 0 for (Right Grab)

Surely it's not too much to ask.

Cheers.

SixBlackRavens
12-06-2016, 10:42 AM
It'a hard to compete against others when you can't pull of the tweaked tricks for high scores and you have hard to use keyboard vs controller.

Ubi-Stature
12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Hi there, SixBlackRavens,

Thank you for the feedback! I'll have this forwarded to the team.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I would also recommend encouraging others who share similar preferences to supply us with feedback on this too!

SixBlackRavens
12-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Thankx for letting the team know, especially about the R Ctrl key, I would prefer to use a keyboard rather than a controller.