PDA

View Full Version : Which story of any AC game/DLC, do you think is the best?

ERICATHERINE
12-05-2016, 12:36 AM
Yea, yea, I know I already did a thread about which ac game you think is best, since syndicate, but I add a big tweak to this one. Generally, when I do this king a thread, the majority of the comment are about the gameplay, for what I remember. This time, it's about the story. So, for your choice, try to not judge the games with their gameplay, but instead, with their story.

Here are the things that I'll count.

1- the md story, may it be the things we do that are not obligatory or the things that are.

2- the impact the past characters that we control had on the md.

3- the impact the past characters that we control had in their time.

4- the background story. Here, I'm not talking about side missions. I'm talking about, for exemple, what we could see in ac 3 of the american revolution or in unity, all those people, near the guillotine and their reaction when a head was shopped. Also, here, the number of background story does not count. You have to note only the one you think is best.

5- same thing than "4", but counting the number of background story instead of the quality.

6- the story of the dlcs.

7- the voice actors. Not only the ones of the character we control, but also any other characters that we heard a voice from.

8- best villain role. It can be a Templar like, for a quick exemple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

Or any other characters we got as a target, like, let's say, Black Bart.

9- best side missions story. Again, you have to choose the best.

10- since I can't find any other thing important about story, the funnyest quote of the game.

Each of these entry will be noted as x/10 for each game. Then it will show a x% so we can tell which game's story is the best, for everyone. Don't forget to vote in the poll. ^-^

Megas_Doux
12-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Not so long ago there was a thread about best DLC I think.....

I don't know which one to vote, but certainly know which NOT to vote, for I REFUSE to consider those low cash grabs of the Bonfire of vanities and the battle of Forli as legit contestants, for instance.

ERICATHERINE
12-05-2016, 01:52 AM
Yea, yea, I know I already did a thread about which ac game you think is best, since syndicate, but I add a big tweak to this one. Generally, when I do this king a thread, the majority of the comment are about the gameplay, for what I remember. This time, it's about the story. So, for your choice, try to not judge the games with their gameplay, but instead, with their story.

Here are the things that I'll count.

1- the md story, may it be the things we do that are not obligatory or the things that are.

2- the impact the past characters that we control had on the md.

3- the impact the past characters that we control had in their time.

4- the background story. Here, I'm not talking about side missions. I'm talking about, for exemple, what we could see in ac 3 of the american revolution or in unity, all those people, near the guillotine and their reaction when a head was shopped. Also, here, the number of background story does not count. You have to note only the one you think is best.

5- same thing than "4", but counting the number of background story instead of the quality.

6- the story of the dlcs.

7- the voice actors. Not only the ones of the character we control, but also any other characters that we heard a voice from.

8- best villain role. It can be a Templar like, for a quick exemple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

Or any other characters we got as a target, like, let's say, Black Bart.

9- best side missions story. Again, you have to choose the best.

10- since I can't find any other thing important about story, the funnyest quote of the game.

Each of these entry will be noted as x/10 for each game. Then it will show a x% so we can tell which game's story is the best, for everyone. Don't forget to vote in the poll. ^-^

Ac 1 -

4/10

6/10

6/10

5/10

1/10

5/10

4/10

6/10

5/10

8/10

50%

Ac 2 -

5/10

6/10

7/10

3/10

3/10

7/10

7/10

7/10

4/10

4/10

53%

Ac b -

6/10

6/10

6/10

3/10

3/10

6/10

7/10

8/10

7/10

4/10

56%

Ac re -

4/10

6/10

7/10

6/10

3/10

4/10

7/10

6/10

6/10

3/10

52%

Ac 3 -

9/10

8/10

9/10

9/10

3/10

10/10

9/10

10/10

9/10

9/10

85%

Ac 4 -

4/10

8/10

6/10

3/10

7/10

9/10

7/10

4/10

3/10

6/10

57%

Ac l hd -

1/10

3/10

4/10

4/10

4/10

5/10

6/10

7/10

1/10

4/10

39%

Ac ro -

4/10

7/10

7/10

7/10

8/10

5/10

6/10

4/10

3/10

6/10

57%

Ac u -

2/10

1/10

4/10

6/10

7/10

4/10

7/10

4/10

2/10

4/10

41%

Ac s -

4/10

7/10

9/10

6/10

9/10

7/10

8/10

7/10

6/10

7/10

70%

Ac 3 win. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
12-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Here is the greatest "cutscene" of any "ac game" from my point of view. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

Sigma 1313
12-05-2016, 04:43 AM
I voted for AC2. The game has a lot of rich lore in the background along with some of the most complex history shown in the series. The backdrop of the Renaissance and Italian Wars in my opinion was fantastically done because we see the effects of it throughout the entire game but never beaten over the head with it like in AC3. Ezio has clear character development that makes sense with his experiences. The final battle with the pope is corny, but in a fun way. The ending was pretty mind blowing at the time and really pushed forward the narrative both in the past and md. While I think Cesare is a better bad guy, he was a spoiled child. Alexander VI worked his entire life to further the cause of the Templars and become the most powerful person in the world, and made some very controversial decisions like bringing Jews into Rome in 1492.

ERICATHERINE
12-05-2016, 05:26 AM
I voted for AC2. The game has a lot of rich lore in the background along with some of the most complex history shown in the series. The backdrop of the Renaissance and Italian Wars in my opinion was fantastically done because we see the effects of it throughout the entire game but never beaten over the head with it like in AC3. Ezio has clear character development that makes sense with his experiences. The final battle with the pope is corny, but in a fun way. The ending was pretty mind blowing at the time and really pushed forward the narrative both in the past and md. While I think Cesare is a better bad guy, he was a spoiled child. Alexander VI worked his entire life to further the cause of the Templars and become the most powerful person in the world, and made some very controversial decisions like bringing Jews into Rome in 1492.

For the background story of ac 3, in my case, in was more a personal choice. We don't see any battle there, but at that time the part of Quebec, Canada, where I live was part of the colony. We can even send our recruit there. Since neither Connor or Haytam go there when we control them, from my point of view it is part of the background story. ^-^

Sorrosyss
12-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Whilst not my absolute favourite game, I hand this one to AC3. I just felt the layered storytelling was so well done, and dropped you into major historical events with great subtlety. Some fine twists and shocks. Playing as Haytham, suddenly realising you're a Templar - for one example.

I thrilled at Juno explaining the story of how they tried to save the world, and I found it genuinely engrossing. The way they tied the Grand Temple across Connor's tale, and ultimately Desmond's was really well done in my view. The Modern Day sections were arguably the best of the entire series as well. For me, it remains the blueprint of how balanced the timelines should be for the narrative. It's a shame that balance has gone off kilter ever since AC3.

Finally, the whole Tyranny DLC was great fun. All things considered, I feel AC3 had the most quality storytelling of the franchise.

cawatrooper9
12-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I voted ACIV. At the time, it really set up for what could have been an interesting plot (instead of a mid series slump that went nowhere). It also really tied in well between past and present. Also, it stands on its own pretty well, while still being exciting for series fans.

naumaan
12-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I cannot vote for one as to me all of the games made a unique story with a unique background and with a unique real history stuff going on which is not a small task to go through. UBISOFT did a wonderful job from the first game to the last from story point of view.

In AC1, nobody knew the concept of animus and dna searching and anything about assassins templars, the way ac1 introduced it to all of us, no other game could ever do that in its first game (except metal gear solid on ps1 which is not the first game in the franchise)
In AC2, they changed the story from a trained assassin to a path on personal vangeance that can be called as in the most used formula, but it was a different approach from AC1 and this shift in the story made it work.
In AC brotherhood, its the suspense that made it work, when you stand for something you create enemies for yourself, and there revenge is not a straight path, i loved the story in modern day side.
In AC Revelations. its Ezio's path to the real concept searching soul searching which took him back to Altair's living place, and finding love at his age, also all he mystery of Usmani Saltanat made me crazy about it...
in AC3, well i have been a way too forward critic to this game, but when i see it from the way it was represented, connor can never have an easy and humorous life, because first of all his mother was killed in the childhood and also there was no one to take care of him except the native american people who i doubt never had an easy life, so connor became a man with strong motive for a goal, his revenge was his goal but it was also a cause to an end. And to the writer of connor's character, I salute him because such characters exist in real life. To the USA war against britain, it was not a solid point for the game, and neither was the desmond's end but it was still an amazing experience. another change in the story pace.
In AC BlackFlag, well it was another ac2 to ac1 experience after ac3, a pirate with an assassin background. loved edward's story. modern day story was good but slow, cant give a justified answer there because i dont like FPS games much .. still for the story progress it was amazing
In AC Unity, Whenever Paris and France is heard of, romance comes to mind, and this game showed romantic story, whatever Elise had as a goal, Arno was into it. Love driven hero is the most used idea of all times for movies it was kind of a step back from the main assassins and templars story but still it caught a lot of heart from the youngsters and the newbies to the game. it was not the right story to pitch the market but it was good entertainment.
In AC Rogue, That was another changing experience, and also a step forward to assassins and templars story arc.

AC Syndicate, liberation and 2d games .. could not play yet because of lack of time and gaming rig ofcourse.... but its not an easy task to make such a wonderful experience out of history.

ERICATHERINE
12-12-2016, 10:37 PM
AC Syndicate, liberation and 2d games .. could not play yet because of lack of time and gaming rig ofcourse.... but its not an easy task to make such a wonderful experience out of history.

Don't worry about the acc. Also, if by lack of gaming rig you're talking about ac liberation on ps vita, you can buy ac liberation hd, on ps3 as well (I don't know for xbox 360 and pc, though). It's just that instead of being called ac iii liberation, it is called ac liberation hd. It was actually a remaster/port that as been made (if I remember correctly) between ac iv black flag and freedom cry. ^-^

RVSage
12-13-2016, 08:23 PM
I hand it to AC IV and ezio trilogy equally, well developed , believable characters and plot lines