PDA

View Full Version : ASC.exe

Silent_Lunatic
12-04-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm having the ASC.exe problem and I wanted to know if there was a way of fixing it yet or when a patch might be released. the ASC.exe problem keeps crashing my game whenever I complete a main mission in the storyline. it's being really annoying please help!

strigoi1958
12-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Are you talking about ACS.exe for Assassin's Creed Syndicate?

If you are, it would help if you gave a little more information.

Your PC specs
your operating system
Did you buy the game from uplay or steam

there are a few general suggestions like
turn off firewall and antivirus
Run UPlay and Game as admin.
Disable UPlay overlay from UPlay settings. (and steam overlay if you have it from steam)
Verify your game files in uplay or game cache in steam

Silent_Lunatic
12-06-2016, 06:58 PM
i have already verified the game on steam i couldnt do it on Uplay; i bought the game on steam.
I use windows,

my PC specs are:
Case InWIN 703 MID TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK/RED)
Processor (CPU) AMD FX-8320 Eight Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/Sli)
Memory (RAM) 8GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 4GB AMD RADEON™ R9 380X - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DP - DX 12, Eyefinity
1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON V300 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD R/RW & SOFTWARE
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

and ive tried running the game on admin before
and yes its for assassins creed syndicate

strigoi1958
12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Well you do have a really nice system so it's not a performance issue because you have more than enough performance. :)
so something in your pc is causing a conflict, you have turned off the steam and uplay overlays haven't you? these can sometimes cause problems, steam overlay crashes mafia 3 and dishonored 2 for me.

Are you running it from your SSD or HDD, I ask because I read about someones HDD going to "sleep" and crashing games when it woke, I'm not even sure that is relevant but it might be something to check if nothing else helps.

also try here
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

I hope you get it running without crashing soon.

Click on the "In-Game Settings" tab. 2) Uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and click OK. 3) Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, click on "Properties" and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the "General" tab.

Click the Menu button (3 lines) directly left of "News" on the Uplay Launcher. Go to settings. Second checkbox is for overlay. Untick it.